PDA

View Full Version : BFR

Seagull61
5th May 2007, 22:02
Hi,
I`m currently in the states on an aero`s course but will be hiring a plane next week. Well, hopefully, I have all the FSDO clearances and have booked a BFR, but what is acutally included in the BFR - is there fixed components which you need to demonstrate?
I presume if the FI is un-happy then he wont sign off..........and i`ll just stick to some more aero fun!
Cheers

NH2390
5th May 2007, 22:41
There is nothing fixed, apart from the minimum of 1 hour ground and one hour flight training. The rest is at the discretion of the CFI. I normally focus on stalls, since they are things many pilots don't often do, and then a few landings. I'm not looking for PTS standards or exacting procedures, just safe competent piloting. I'm very relaxed about it.

tmmorris
6th May 2007, 08:23
In my experience, US FIs faced with an English PPL tend to focus on airspace classification in the groundschool, because it's so different - e.g. which types require mode C, which require prior radio contact, &c. &c.

In the flight I've had anything, but expect a mini-GFT i.e. stalls/steep turns (watch out - they think 45 deg is a steep turn and the instructor nearly fainted when I went to 60 deg in a PA28)/PFL/ a mini cross-country to a nearby airport if there's one close, &c. &c.

Tim

chrisbl
6th May 2007, 09:20
Go to the local pilots shop where there is an ASA book on the BFR. Use that as your guide - it costs about $10. Unless you are too mean of course.