PDA

View Full Version : P68 Partenavia

VFE
4th May 2007, 19:17
Hi folks,

Anyone flown one? What is it like - good points and bad? Any gotcha's one should be aware of?

Cheers,

VFE.

rustle
4th May 2007, 19:30
Buggers to get into (cockpit)
Two "wide" people in front will be quite cosy ;) but is doable provided your rhs/lhs colleague isn't too bothered as you stick your ass in their face climbing in. (see point above)
Club seating works best for pax, but check and double check the door before climbing into the cockpit.

Looks pretty, don't see too many on the ramp
Very benign handling and stall characteristics
Not much power/climb asymmetric, but easy to control

Ice is supposedly problematic, partly as the gear is non-retract and collects well :p

I have quite a few hours in a P68B

Jinkster
4th May 2007, 21:45
Did some survey work in one a year or so ago - nice piece of kit, pain in the backside to get in or out. plenty of poke tho....

knox
4th May 2007, 23:46
Nice to fly. Handles just like a big C172. Single engine climb is ok, i've heard of worse. Ditto on getting into the cockpit.

Knox.

flybymike
5th May 2007, 08:39
All as stated above. Cramped accommodation up front. Your legs point off to the right in the left seat, and to the left in the right seat.I found the handling delightful, assymetric work very docile, excellent single engine climb rate but VERY heavy on pitch in the flare...Beautiful looking aeroplane in my view though.

Kiltie
5th May 2007, 08:54
Much maligned for engine intakes becoming blocked in icing conditions. Don't know how much truth is in this.

G-Dawg
5th May 2007, 16:46
mate of mine told me once that always make sure the door is closed before selecting flap down, why would you select flap with the door open i hear you say, walk round maybe, i don;t know, but apparently it will jam on the door and you've got yourself a world of pain...not sure how true this is....

stiknruda
5th May 2007, 18:08
Don't be hoodwinked into a long (500nm) x-country in the 68C (Observer model with a glass bubble cockpit), in Africa in summer as I was.

I've never been so uncomfortably hot in a light aircraft.

Getting in was inelegant, getting out was easy as I was carried out with gallons of sweat as soon as the door was open. Can't recall the compass being problematically sited and ice was not an issue!

Very docile/benign.

Stik

Nimrod615
6th May 2007, 10:10
Watch out for all the fuel moving from one tank to the other if you park it on a slope! Had me scratching my head for a while!!!

Flown a couple which all had a bit of nose wheel shimmy!