PDA

View Full Version : Courchevel Info...

nouseforaname
2nd May 2007, 11:20
Hoping to go and land there next week. The control tower is now closed and I have lost my information for joining etc. I've tried getting in touch with 3 Vallee's aeroclub but can't get through today. If anyone could fax me or e-mail the joining information that would be great.
p.s. in case anyone suggests I do have the Courchevel rating....

Thanks in advance.

Mariner9
2nd May 2007, 14:16
All the info you need on the SIA website here (http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/VAC/AD/2/0705_AD%202.LFLJ.pdf)

F900EX
2nd May 2007, 15:01
On that beautiful approach plate I note that Courchevel village is denoted in meters at 1850 when the surrounding terrain is marked in feet.

Seems odd to me that the publishers dont avoid the potential for confusion.

sjeh
2nd May 2007, 15:04
I think 'Courcheval 1850' is actually the name of the town. Wikipedia says:
Courchevel refers to the towns of Courchevel 1300 (Le Praz), Courchevel 1550 (the original Courchevel), Courchevel 1650 (Moriond), and Courchevel 1850, which are named for their altitudes in metres. The highest point in Courchevel 1850 is in fact only 1747 meters[1], the name was chosen for marketing reasons to compete with arch rivals Val d'Isère

nouseforaname
3rd May 2007, 10:10
Thanks a lot for that link. It's much better than the original info I had.

stickandrudderman
3rd May 2007, 22:19
I'd love to flt into there.
I did here that there used to be a guy running a service to there from any Uk airfield using a twin of some sort, and then he'd rent you one of his apartments too!
The name Matair rings a bell.
Anyone else know anything about that?

TangoZulu
3rd May 2007, 22:28
Nouseforaname

I did the Courchevel rating two years ago at the Aeroclub - unfortunately not able to have maintained it every 6 months but great flying none the less.

Not sure if the Aeroclub is still active - if you did not know, Robert Christin was killed in a crash during February in the Mousquetaire (reported on the "other" flying forum). AFAIK he was really the Aeroclub - some of the best flying I have done there with him. R.I.P.

TZ