PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to..................?

Echo 5
29th Apr 2007, 15:30
What's happened to ABIW he hasn't posted for about 12 weeks now ? Come to think of it J Bloke hasn't been around for awhile either. Maybe someone has put the squeeze on the Lyneham banter merchants.
Anyone any ideas ? :confused:

ZH875
29th Apr 2007, 16:05
Maybe they are deployed where the internet can't reach them!

Seldomfitforpurpose
29th Apr 2007, 16:13
I heard a rumour that he was marched into his Sqn Cdr's office and "advised" not to post any more........:eek:

oli,_the_original
29th Apr 2007, 16:18
When did they last log in? Are they just not posting, or totally detatched?

Ex F111
29th Apr 2007, 16:23
You do realise that you can have a few log on IDs for furums such as this.

oli,_the_original
29th Apr 2007, 16:38
There is that as well, but usually the are IP screens to stop that if the rules say you cant. Is it banned on here?

Echo 5
29th Apr 2007, 17:10
I heard a rumour that he was marched into his Sqn Cdr's office and "advised" not to post any more.

I can just imagine it. Wilts marches into Sqn Cdr's office:

Wilts: You wanted to see me sir ?

Sqn Cdr: Yes Wilts.I'm afraid your persistant bantering on PPRune is a threat to National Security.

Wilts: Yes sir. However, I only have five years to do and I'm feckin busy, so if there's nothing else ? Oh, bye the way, you wouldn't be considering infringing my human rights by any chance, would you ?:rolleyes:

PS: Seldomfit, check your PM's in a few minutes.

c130jbloke
29th Apr 2007, 17:28
Hello, I am here.
I am not really that great a poster, so I tend to leave it for when a thread really gets to me. Also, having left the Service in the last 12 months, I do not feel it to be my place to post, unless I have relevance or experience of what is being discussed, or to defend the position of a fellow PPRuNer.
I think it is safe to say I will not be going after BEagle's record....

Echo 5
29th Apr 2007, 17:42
c130jbloke,

Sorry mate, I was refering to " Now a J bloke" and not your good self. Nice to see that you're staying alert though. :)

BEagle
29th Apr 2007, 19:11
"I think it is safe to say I will not be going after BEagle's record...."

Hmmm.... Be careful if you're still suffering....sorry, 'serving' in the mob. I was given a very hard time by various inadequately testiculated little $hits of yes-men for inconvenient-to-their-career PPRuNery - was advised by a chum to sue for libel, but couldn't be ar$ed as I was going anyway....

samuraimatt
29th Apr 2007, 19:38
Aww bless echo. It's like a little puppy dog pining for his master.:yuk: Don't worry I am sure AWBIW is around somewhere and is sure to be back to feed you soon.

Echo 5
29th Apr 2007, 20:01
samuraiprat,

I've told you before, this is an adult forum, schoolboys and Air Cadets are not tolerated so get on with your prep and then get back in your box.:=

Pontius Navigator
29th Apr 2007, 21:14
Echo, I'm with you. I almost posted the same question today. I even got as far as searching for his last post.

Pontius Navigator
29th Apr 2007, 21:18
As we are talking of missing Ppruners, how can you email a Ppruner (as opposed to a PM) in case they are not looking in Pprune?

Fluffy Bunny
29th Apr 2007, 21:32
PN, You should be able to send email by clicking on the posters name in post (should give you a list of options; view profile, send PM, email etc)
If you can't find them in a thread, use the search facilities to find them.

You will then be able to send an email to the person using the email address they used to sign up to these forums with, using your email address.

Hope this helps

FB

Pontius Navigator
29th Apr 2007, 21:39
Thank's FB, that is what I thought too. But that particular ppruner has no visible posts. It was a post that was killed so the only option is a PM. I was wondering if there was another way.

BOAC
29th Apr 2007, 21:45
Let me know the username and I should be able to forward an email for you.

Pontius Navigator
29th Apr 2007, 21:46
BOAC,

TY, plse se PM

Gainesy
30th Apr 2007, 08:04
I've got this vision of ABIW trussed up in a cargo net, dangling from the ceiling of a Movers' crew room someplace.:suspect:

Seriously, hope he's OK, he seemed to go off the plot around the time of the nasty with the J in Iraq.

storl tern
30th Apr 2007, 09:57
Perhaps the anti-officer chips on both shoulders weighed him down too much.