View Full Version : No AOC for Skyairworld, delay for Solomon Airlines

Pages : 1 [2]

amos2
10th Sep 2007, 08:44
Why do you lot continue to talk about a bunch of idiots?

Just let them be!

Who cares?

ithinkso
11th Sep 2007, 01:39
non etops out of brisbane only adds about 15-20 minutes to the route.

oz jet is being used because they are the only ones they can get.

another airline is starting the route very shortly, and its my guess that they will blitz the field. they will not be involved with solomon airlines. they will be direct competition.

surprise surprise,

had to happen.

Ralph the Bong
11th Sep 2007, 03:01
Oh no, not Skyairworld again!!!:eek:;)

LOKI12
12th Sep 2007, 04:02
Can anyone tell me where SkyAirWorld has moved their offices to?

ringbinder
15th Sep 2007, 00:58
From yesterday's Solomon Star newspaper.

AN Australian airline says it will drop millions of dollars in outstanding claims against Solomon Airlines if it is given the right to operate the Honiara-Brisbane route.
SkyAirWorld made the offer as its officials arrived in Honiara for talks with the government and Solomon Airlines.
Chief Executive Officer of the SkyAirWorld, David Charlton, told the Solomon Star last night they are looking forward to having fruitful discussions with local officials.
Solomon Airlines has a valid lease agreement with SkyAirWorld, under which the national carrier acquired a E-170 aircraft.
But Solomon Airlines abandoned the lease earlier this year when it realised it could not pay due to the cost involved.
As a result the E-170 aircraft was grounded in Brisbane, although the three-year lease agreement, signed in April this year, is still valid.
After abandoning its deal with SkyAirWorld, Solomon Airlines took an unprecedented move by entering into a new lease agreement with another Australian airline, Oz Jet.
The action angered SkyAirWorld, which recently demanded millions of dollars from Solomon Airlines in outstanding payments.
However, SkyAirWorld chief executive Mr Charlton said they are here to talk.
“We came with a bag of options,” Mr Charlton said.
“Our position is if your Government give us the right to operate the Honiara-Brisbane route, we will look favourably at waiving all the obligations that Solomon Airlines have with us,” he said.
Mr Charlton said they would be asking the government to give them the right to do that.
“We will start immediately if we are given the approval,” he said.
“We hope to reach an outcome with Solomon Airlines.
“If not, we’ll seek dialogue with the government and we will seek to offer the government the opportunity for us to take over the international operations,” he said.
Mr Charlton said like any business, if they are given the go-ahead, they will pay tax, royalty and other sources of income to the government.
Further, he said, they are planning to improve infrastructure and potentially offering subsidy to Solomon Airlines domestic operations.

Wish my business could offer the wrong product initially then turn it around to use as a lever to get substantial rights. Seems like a threat to me in any other language, and the island culture doesn't take too kindly to such - unless it contains the right amount of sweetener “We came with a bag of options,” to allow common sense to be put aside. But then, common sense has been lacking in this whole debacle.

All the business community here wants is a decent, capable and reliable service with a suitable aircraft. Why would using the Embraer again under any sort of new arrangement be any better than it was in the past? Can it now carry more bags and passengers? Can it carry enough fuel to allow more than one approach before diverting to Santos? (that would be very handy when Santo is unsuitable 'cos it can't carry enough fuel for anywhere else at present).

The new arrangement with the 737-200 has already seen bags left behind in Brisbane - when will Solomon Airlines look at the problem properly???? :ugh:

sayallafter
15th Sep 2007, 06:35
The 732 is definately not the best aircraft for the route, but to take the 170 back on would just be going from bad to worse. They already proved that.

At least the OJ 732 is carrying around 85 pax with bags X BNE, (and a little more than that X HIR), more than the capability of the 170.

To the quoted press release , sounds like a lot of desperation (give us the route back and we will drop any court action we may or might NOT win).

Perhaps Skyairworld should look at trying to find work that works for the type, not try and shoehorn it into something that it obviously does not, purely for its own cash flow purposes.

Anyway, maybe one day some one will find something that can deliver the goods at a fair cost.

ivan ellerbai
15th Sep 2007, 09:46
If Sayallafter is correct, and I don't doubt it, then carrying 85 passengers and bags in a 737-200 taking somewhat longer than a 737-300 on the route (and burning more fuel per hour) totally defies logical economical sense.
I understand a -300 can take 12 tonnes of passengers/bags/freight and it appears the -200 can take around 9 tonnes. Thus 3 trips in a -300 equates to 4 trips in a -200. Given the higher fuel burn of the latter, the entire exercise of shifting 36 tonnes from Brisbane to Honiara could probably be done in the -300 for 50% of the fuel the -200 uses overall. Now wouldn't that be a saving to Solomon Airlines - paying for 3 trips in lieu of 4 for the same result.

sayallafter
15th Sep 2007, 10:05
ivan

I don't think anyone in their right mind would have any doubt about the difference a 300 would make compared to the 200 , but isn't the question at the moment about a 732 versus the E-170 (on that route of course)...considering that is what Skyairworld seems to want to happen. (They don't seem to be offering any more weight or biggger aircraft).

BTW has anyone offered to lease something bigger than that offered, or is it a case of using what is available?

LOKI12
15th Sep 2007, 19:58
Does anyone know where Skyairworld has moved the Brisbane office to? They have moved out of the fancy office they had at the airport and when you ring the Skyairworld hone number the person who answers the phones says - "you have to contact Telstra to find out where they are" we do not know.

ivan ellerbai
15th Sep 2007, 22:31
SAA,

What I was trying to convey was in support of Ringbinders comments that the problem needs to be assessed properly once and for all. The use of the 737-200 is another example of Solomon Airlines inability to properly assess matters and select something that can serve their needs as well, or better, and for much lower costs. After all, I imagine they want their airline to make money. Three trips in the 737-300 for the same result means the current cost of the fourth trip in the 737-200 is foregone profit. That fourth trip is probably costing Solomon Airlines something in the order of $50k. And that is A$2.5m per year unnecessarily spent!!!!

There appears to be nothing else around that can do a decent job and it's not as if Solomon Airlines don't have experience with 737-300's. There is a current glaring example under their very noses in Our Airline which underscores the suitability of that type. In the past they've also had one on lease from Qantas, they used the Air Vanuatu one for a while and they leased the Spanish aircraft. Solomon Airlines are experienced with the 737-300 and well know its capabilities - it defies logic why they don't run with that experience.

Sal-e
16th Sep 2007, 00:03
I think it has been mentioned a few times in this thread that the -300 Our Airline has is the obvious choice. Logic defying decisions is an understatement, ivan:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

ithinkso
16th Sep 2007, 01:40
there will be a new airline operating the route very very shortly.

wait and see.

dirtysidedown
16th Sep 2007, 02:09
ivan,

solomon airlines cant get a 300, thats the problem. otherwise they would have one.

oz jet is a bandaid solution for the time being. solomons will never tie up with OA, too much a loss of face for the "big" country to accept the assistance from the "small" island. sad but true. its just the way melanesians work.

qantas wont help them, due to problems in the past. air pac due to the qantas tie up wont help them either.

air vanuatu was there in the past, but their machine is already so busy they cant fit them in.

virgin doesnt see the market yet.

jetstar.... is interested. but the 320 is not an ideal machine for the rural environment that is honiara.

its all very interesting.

ithinkso
16th Sep 2007, 02:37
i would say, in less than two months.

as far as SAW, that's a dead dog and a complete waste of time.

these people actually know what they're doing.

as i said, just wait and see. it will be the best thing that's happenned in a long time. and it will continue for a long time.

Sal-e
16th Sep 2007, 04:22
Oh yeah? I bet you're involved in it along with your friend Sumsum. God help them if that's the case!!

ithinkso
16th Sep 2007, 06:44
fortunately i left the region many years ago, but if they compensated me appropriately i would be happy to return. heaps of money to be made by anyone with enough sense to run it properly. the opportunity has existed there since they lost their 400.

the problem in the area, uneducated people are given positions of responsibility. by this i mean board members and senior management. the problems at solomons started years ago. nothing that has happened in the last few years could have saved the airline from the incompetence that was rife just a few years ago that led to the loss of their australian AOC.

they were doomed from that point.

witwiw
16th Sep 2007, 09:57
ITS.

Did IE EVER have a -400? News to me if they did.

VH-TJB was a -300, Air Van was a -300, "El Matador" was a -300. When did they (IE) have a -400?

heaps of money to be made by anyone with enough sense to run it properly.

The bloke recently charged with that responsibility certainly didn't run it properly but he nonetheless made/makes lots of money - plus a house in BNE private school fees, car etc etc.

I have to agree with your "doomsaying". To quote Ringbinder:-
Alas, Solomon Airlines seems intent on stumbling from crisis to crisis.

ithinkso
16th Sep 2007, 10:12
sorry, thought it was a 400. just goes to show the memory is fallible. not that important really. but you must agree, that was the end of them.

cnic
16th Sep 2007, 11:44
Yes they had a 400 from 1991-1994 H4-SOL leased from ILFC, qantas took over this lease in 1994 as the lease was killing the country. Thats when they got VH-TJB.
H4-SOL became VH-TJV in the qatas fleet.

Food for thought is it a Tawianese carrier with their 738's they have wanted to get in to honiara for years (only a few brown paper bags and every thing will be sweet with the govt.) UN votes are worth it.

ithinkso
17th Sep 2007, 09:12
didnt say it was an australian carrier, and who said i'm white?

Sal-e
17th Sep 2007, 21:08
That sound awefully racist!! Ahem Mr Moderator!!! I can't see any other rego coming in 'cept an Australian, Fijian or Vanuatuan one at this stage.

dirtysidedown
18th Sep 2007, 01:05
Unfortunately, in that part of the world, racism is alive and well.

not by the white expats, but with the jealous and unqualified locals.

its the same everywhere. the untrained, unqualified local feeling downtrodden and underpaid. unless they can objectively look at what's involved in the running of these enterprises they will always fail.

for god's sake, look at rhodesia. they couldnt run a farm, then they thought they could rule.

what has been will be, ad infinitum.

JMara
18th Sep 2007, 04:59
DirtySidedown
Its really not right that you could come up with such comments.....there are many locals who are qulified in many profesions in that part of the world who have left for greener pastures as the pastures that were ment for them are being grazed by others.Fortunately for that part of the world it is neither the fault of the expat nor the local profesionals but rather jealousy amonst local admin staff and therefore for example local Solair pilots with vast experience are currantly being paid 15K AUD and expats 80K AUD.This is why the local pilots and other profesions are leaving and hence the animosity towards expats.Put yourself in their shoes.

ringbinder
18th Sep 2007, 07:15
for example local Solair pilots with vast experience are currantly being paid 15K AUD and expats 80K AUD.

I think you need to qaulify/explain/elaborate this claim as my information, from talking to the Twin Otter pilots out here, is that you are way off the mark. Sure there is a difference between the locals and the expats (a normal sutuation when locals can't provide the numbers and the need for extra staff can only be sourced externally) but that diffrence is nowhere near what you suggest. Some of the expats aren't paid that flash either - the foreign Twin Otter co-pilots get less than A$13k p.a., and that's not much to write home about!!! Flying a single in Australia reaps far more reward than that.

Sal-e
18th Sep 2007, 13:28
So what's the latest deal with Solomons and whoever's out there? Anything definitive from all those meetings?

ithinkso
18th Sep 2007, 14:06
Jmara,

an intersting point of view, but inaccurate. If the local staff in the admin positions were qualified and "skilled", they would be able to demand the salaries that the expats are paid to take their positions. The fact of the matter is they are not appropriately qualified, they are open to influence from political sources within their organisations(countries), so they cant be trusted to run things impartially or fairly. That is the beauty of hired muscle. If the foreigner doesnt perform, he's simply removed, and he's gone. Completely out of the picture. The disgruntled local who is sacked, more often than not lurks in the background waiting for his chance to re enter the frey in order to prove his generally misguided point, always to the detrement of the organisation.

Think about it. How many times have you seen this happen in these sorts of environments.

cheers

witwiw
19th Sep 2007, 04:25
cnic,

Thanks for the correction, I've since even seen a pic of that aircraft. VH-TJW (also a -400) was formerly an Air Nauru aircraft. How many of the QF fleet came back to them in similar circumstances?

Otherwise, just wondering why the former Chief Pilot (more recently elevated to a grander position) was refused entry into Honiara by the Solomons authorities last week? Interesting, too, was the fact he was travelling with the SAW delegation - was that coincidental or is he connected with the new push for the E170? If so it seems some never learn.

JMara
19th Sep 2007, 05:49
Ithinkso

Please note that I was refering to pilots and other profesions in that country as DSD seems to think there are none,not admin as there are only unqualified petrified wood in admin.
however the pilots are more than qualified in their area in that country.

If the local staff in the admin positions were qualified and "skilled", they would be able to demand the salaries that the expats are paid to take their positions.
Im afraid this will never happen (get the same as an expat.) due to the fact that the petrified woods in admin will be on less money.
And while on the subject of the petrified woods.........they are the reason Solair is still in the circuit area doing touch and go´s at the expence of the Solomon tax payer .This will never improve as they are too disorganised to get organised......which means never.

Ringbinder

senior local pilots were on 32k AUD untill August 2005 when salaries were cut 50% without notice.Unless this has changed. but I doubt very much due to the currant finacial climate in Solair.Expat F/Os are on 12K AUD and only reason they are there is for the twin turbine time,thats why they are not flying a single in Aus for far more as you say.Wouldnt you??

17pdboost
26th Sep 2007, 10:45
Hmmm,

Well for us guys that are working here, it's interesting to hear your comments. Some are very valid to say the least and i applaud your information. So what for us now??

KRUSTY 34
26th Sep 2007, 10:47
Hear SAW are moving into the QLD Regional market with some EMB 145's!

Wish them well.

amos2
26th Sep 2007, 10:50
Err! Well, boost..I think you should leave, Buddy!
You'll be appreciated more elsewhere!
Just go do it! :ok:

17pdboost
26th Sep 2007, 10:53
Hey Krusty,

You have posted some good points in the last couple of couple of months.:ok:
SAW wanted to keep the rights for BNE-HIR but why:ugh:, if one operator can't do it what make's another one viable?

17pdboost
26th Sep 2007, 11:04
Amos2,

The biggest thing is starting off in a F/O position from beginning, are we not like this "horrid" MPL licence? , we don't really want to go back to SPIFR, as all we know is multi crew, but what happens for the future...

Any info much appreciated:)

bne019
27th Sep 2007, 21:58
Fellow PPRuNers, this is the latest:

PACIFIC Blue (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22493931-23349,00.html) has emerged as the latest airline willing to fly to the Solomon Islands, applying to start Boeing 737 services to the Pacific island later this year.

The Virgin Blue offshoot yesterday lodged an application with the International Air Services Commission for 540 seats a week on the route and said it would be fully utilised by November next year. It asked for a five-year allocation.

"The proposed services will initially be operated twice a week by a wet-leased B737-300 aircraft fitted with 138 economy seats," the airline said in its application.

"With market growth and fleet changes, the services will be upgraded to Pacific Blue B737-800 aircraft with 180 seats."

Moniker
28th Sep 2007, 00:23
well well, that's nearly the most sensible thing I've read/seen in a long time since all of this started ..

puff
28th Sep 2007, 03:16
Wet leased 737-300....Our Airline?

ringbinder
28th Sep 2007, 08:02
OA - wouldn't think so. The last time I travelled on them they could only accommodate a maximum of 130. Four fixed business class and the remainder Economy. Besides, there has been no talk whatsoever of them coming into the scene at all out here - and you know what the coconut wireless is like in the Pacific!!!!

Isn't the Air Vanuatu aircraft becoming available at end of lease soon??? Given the Air Van connection between some IE management and their former lives at AV nothing is impossible.

ithinkso
1st Oct 2007, 23:01
airvan 300 already sold.

ng arriving in feb.

cnic
2nd Oct 2007, 07:27
There is no love left between sumsum and kerr, they would not be interested in helping each other out.

dirtysidedown
3rd Oct 2007, 03:47
i know this is a solomon airlines thread. but what is happening with air vanuatu. i mean can't they do the routes, they certainly used to. i cant find a single thing on this site regarding them??? why is that???

Sal-e
6th Oct 2007, 22:20
As always, due to the lack of co-operation between the islanders and their lack of interest in developing their own markets, they prefer to allow the bigger airlines to make business from them. It certainly shows their inferiority and their lack of abilities. Wonder if winning independance was the best for them.

pacificmarlin
7th Oct 2007, 19:21
A/Van begins bi-weekly rtn flts hon/bne late oct

pacificmarlin
12th Oct 2007, 18:36
30 October Bne/Hir/Bne/Vli

ivan ellerbai
16th Oct 2007, 09:54
Heard from a source whilst I was in HIR a day or so ago that Mr Add-up/Add-up lost his job but soon got it back after some political intervention. It seems that sumthing is going on.

What's the story with Solomon Airlines at present?

cnic
17th Oct 2007, 06:13
Its amazing what a brown paper bag handed over at the Mendana can get you.

Windy Chester
31st Oct 2007, 09:10
According to Solomon Star Mr Sumsums contract has been terminated and its International AOC has been handed back to Civil Aviation. www.solomonstarnews/?q=node/15634

ithinkso
31st Oct 2007, 13:31
airvan has started the route. and did very well on their first flight i believe.

Kwaj mate
31st Oct 2007, 14:01
This is a charter service to Solomon Airlines. They they take the risks & the rewards. All NF does is supply the aircraft.

ithinkso
31st Oct 2007, 23:05
airvan supplies the tech crew and flight attendants too. thursday nights is 100% airvan i believe.

cnic
1st Nov 2007, 06:45
Sumsum the expat scape goat, who would have thought! How many times was he saved in Airvan by the expat scape goat, what goes around comes around.

ithinkso
1st Nov 2007, 07:26
cnic, it sounds awfully like you have no idea what your talking about.

celco
2nd Nov 2007, 04:52
CNIC :D:D:D:D:D:D oh so true!!

alangirvan
3rd Nov 2007, 03:16
Just having a guess - putting together two and two and getting five. Has there been any more progress on Pacific Blue's application for HIR. I am wondering if Ozjet might be importing a 737-300 to operate this service.

You may have seen that Ozjet are proposing to do some services over to Palmerston North in NZ with a 737-300, which they do not have at the moment.

If the flights to HIR will be three times weekly for PB, I am wondering if the flights to NZ would be to use the plane on days when it is not required for Solomons.

ithinkso
4th Nov 2007, 02:43
there are no 737-300 free anywhere in the world at the moment. any that can be maintained in australia that is, without major expense. the only machine about is the airwork 73, but its so expensive, and with airwork's past record, no one in their right mind will touch it.

alangirvan
4th Nov 2007, 05:48
Speednews is listing 35 737-300s as currently available.

IAW
4th Nov 2007, 06:08
and with airwork's past record, no one in their right mind will touch it.
What is this alluding to? The only incident I know of is their metro that went cablooey.

ithinkso
4th Nov 2007, 21:35
not talking bout safety, just the face that theyre not good to work with.

gas-chamber
4th Nov 2007, 22:24
Speednews does list 35 airplanes, but look at the delivery dates. Not too many available before March. Those that are might not be priced right, might not have the rudder or center tank mods done etc etc. Usually if an airplane is listed as immediately available it means it is parked in the desert in Arizona or somewhere. Some would be on a storage maintenance program and the real cheapies may not be. From a good storage status it would be a few months and a lot of dollars to get one up to CASA standards. If not on a program, no amount of time and dollars short of a total restoration would fix it with CASA. The good news for the bottom end of the market is that in the longer term old 737's should get cheaper as Air Asia dumps their big fleet on the market.
And none of the currently available are ETOPS. Qantas and Air New Zealand would not be so silly as to sell theirs in to the local market. Makes trans Tasman expensive if not ETOPS.

alangirvan
5th Nov 2007, 00:20
That was just me guessing where Ozjet might source a 737-300 in time for March. Since Ozjet is related to European, I am wondering if the plane might come from Europe. Last I looked, EAS does not have 733s, though on other parts of Pprune, some people have discussed EAS obtaining 733s or 737-500s for some IT flights operated by them.

I take it Ozjet would operate the planes themselves. In early days Freedom obtained aircraft from Eastern Europe and other regions of the world, with crews.

ringbinder
5th Nov 2007, 07:29
Picked up the newspaper this morning and read that the Solomon Airlines woes are getting worse. Opinion here is that the sooner Mr SS has gone the better. In the meantime the service to/from Honiara has not improved except that the Air Van charter is in a 737-300 which at least restores payload again. Why the manangement (ooops, sorry there isn't any at the moment that is functioning) don't just grab the opportunity to enter into an arrangement with Our Airline and get things back on the rails is beyond the comprehension of the local expat community. The Air Van charters simply bringing 10 or so people in and a similar number out each time is another expensive folly. (At least it makes it easy for me to get seats out of here when necessary!)

http://www.solomonstarnews.com/?q=node/15706

Skystar320
5th Nov 2007, 08:07
there are no 737-300 free anywhere in the world at the moment. any that can be maintained in australia that is, without major expense. the only machine about is the airwork 73, but its so expensive, and with airwork's past record, no one in their right mind will touch it.

From a quick gathering of whats available there is approx 45+ B737-300 aircraft that are either for sale/dry lease/wet lease ACMI

if an airplane is listed as immediately available it means it is parked in the desert in Arizona or somewhere.

Thats wrong, Airline in America is currently limited flying 10 x B733 aircraft that are up for sale atm.

The good news for the bottom end of the market is that in the longer term old 737's should get cheaper as Air Asia dumps their big fleet on the market.

Maybe / Maybe not if they are in good shape they will attract higher lease prices if they are in **** condition then maybe

And none of the currently available are ETOPS. Qantas and Air New Zealand would not be so silly as to sell theirs in to the local market. Makes trans Tasman expensive if not ETOPS.

What about those 8 on speednews?

ringbinder
6th Nov 2007, 08:18
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/?q=node/15732

Why don't they just throw a tent over it and charge admission?

Circus Soleil, Circus Solair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

witwiw
7th Nov 2007, 22:21
http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Solomon-Airlines-suspends-local-flights/2007/11/07/1194329313191.html

So, IE have suspended all domestic operations. Seems that things are really going pear shaped for the airline. Is this suspension because they are so desperate to keep the international side of things going despite the worst efforts of the "on again-off again" CEO and they need what little cash they can scrape from the domestic operation to do so? Or is it a regulatory matter - possibly brought to the attention of the Solomons DCA by a disgruntled manager?

How long before they are without a link to Australia - yet again?

Sal-e
8th Nov 2007, 22:33
Once again, the answer to all their woes is in the form of an alliance with Our Airline. Imagine the stupidity, the answer has been staring them in the face for years!!

ithinkso
10th Nov 2007, 02:40
no idea,

i grow weary of posting on this thread.

there are no 733's available in the world that are appropriate for use by ie. you ignorant fu**ers. you cant just rock up with a 73 and say lets go flying. it has to be registered, it has to be crewed, it has to have an accredited maintenance organisation willing to give credit to ie. to put a NEW aircraft on an australian maintenance program costs in excess of 500.000 aust.

our airline wont work with ie because they think they will own the route. its really not an option.

get real, get a life, and dont worry, be happy.

Skystar320
10th Nov 2007, 03:00
there are no 733's available in the world that are appropriate for use by ie. you ignorant fu**ers. you cant just rock up with a 73 and say lets go flying. it has to be registered, it has to be crewed, it has to have an accredited maintenance organisation willing to give credit to ie. to put a NEW aircraft on an australian maintenance program costs in excess of 500.000 aust.

Pull your head out off your incrediably big fat ar*e stop calling us ignorant fu**ers because you know jack sh*t about leasing aircraft............

There is plenty of examples available on the market you just need to know where to look :ugh::ugh:

i grow weary of posting on this thread.

then why do you???? Go away and leave it alone

gas-chamber
10th Nov 2007, 07:28
Children, children - no need for a slanging match.

The major problem for both Our Airline and Solomons is that neither have the money, nor the credit rating to just go out and lease a 737-300, or even a Twin Otter. One of you is right in saying that there are airplanes to be leased (but not very many which is a problem in itself when it comes to getting a good one); the other is just as correct in suggesting half a million would be the opening price to go get one and get it running. Add another half million by way of a lease bond. Or pay about 10 million in cash for a clapped out 300. Much, much more for ETOPS and who would support it anyway? More money up front if you dealt with Qantas or Air NZ for ETOPS support.

The small Pacific Island nations do not have, and have not for many years had, the sort of money it takes to run an international airline. In some cases, the major reason they are bankrupt is because of their attempts to run airlines. Nauru being a classic example. Domestic operations in those countries that need it - like Solomons - should be in private hands, as it is a given that anything Government is inefficient, corrupt and incompetent. Private airline ownership may also be corrupt, but at least it usually works.

Pacific nations won't co-operate with each other - still too tribal. So while Sale expresses some noble ideas, a joint Nauru/Solomons airline will never happen.

Pacific Blue is their only reasonable chance at an international service, but it does mean they have to swallow their pride and accept foreign control of their air route rights.

ringbinder
10th Nov 2007, 12:15
Ah, Gas Chamber, logical thoughts indeed. Island nations individually do not generally have the resources as you mention but, from our perspective out here in the Solomons, Our Airline seems to be making a bit of a fist of it despite enormous obstacles. Our Airline did some hard yards after losing their (Air Nauru) -400 and the restructured (lean and mean) operation is a model that other islands aspiring to an airline operation would be well advised to copy. As we see it, there is no need for the pursuit of another 737 at this juncture, the Our Airline aircraft is far from fully utilised running twice a week Brisbane, Nauru, Tarawa and back and the capacity is there to provide significant capacity to Honiara in addition to the present Our Airline schedule. The ongoing use of Australian carriers (SAW, Ozjet) at considerable cost rather than using the ability/resources of another island nation beggars disbelief, if not for the cost but for the lack of unity and common objective.

Locally the feeling amongst thinkers is that an alliance between Nauru and the Solomons would be of enormous benefit to both countries. However the sad reality is that the Solomonese will let stubborn pride prevail and a viable opportunity will go begging despite the logic and common sense that shows that it would be successful - and at far less cost (or, put another way, at greater profit) to the country than a Pacific Blue operation.

The turmoil that besets Solomon Airlines at present will see more harm than good eventuate in the short term, and all because certain individuals are more concerned with their personal objectives than those of the airline/nation. What will it take for the government to wake up that things could be done far better, and profitably as a consequence, if they bite the bullet and appoint people without vested interests to the positions that matter?

witwiw
12th Nov 2007, 02:34
Was the sacking of MP's who supported the IE board the catalyst for the rebellion? Whatever, things in the airline aren't going to get better for some time yet with this sort of turmoil.

http://www.solomonstarnews.com/?q=node/15834

skygod_69
12th Nov 2007, 11:02
The Skygod Has Returned.

The Bell Tolls For Thee...

Skystar320
12th Nov 2007, 21:44
What Happy pills are you on..........

I want some....

skygod_69
12th Nov 2007, 23:19
The Skygod Hath Returned.

NO YOU HAVEN'T Tid Edit.

The Rest Of You Will Be Smitten.

Seeya Skygod! :}:}

ringbinder
12th Nov 2007, 23:34
Today's Solomon Star reports the following. Isn't this SAW under a new name but still with the same principals. Why on earth do they think that the E170 under a different banner will be anything more than the dismal failure it was under another banner?

Home (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/)
New airline to begin services to Honiara

Submitted by drupal on 13 November, 2007 - 10:33am. Headlines (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/?q=taxonomy/term/35) AN Australian based company Coral Sea Express (CSE) will start serving the country at the end of the month.
Managing Director David Charlton told the Solomon Star that CSE will be the first airline to offer daily flights between Honiara and Brisbane.
The company is set to start its operation at the end of the month with three flights a week and hoping to move it to seven days by next year.
Mr Charlton said the airline has already met all the requirements and is ready to take to the skies.
He hoped that the airline will offer Solomon Islands’ travellers an opportunity which is unmatched by other competitors.
CSE will also be working with tourism operators in an effort to boost the tourism industry.
Mr Charton is optimistic that travellers between Australia and Solomon Islands will be increased as a result of the new service.
He said the airline will also be training Solomon Islanders to be cabin crew and work closely with locals.
The airline will operate an E-170 and will use an IE190 by early next year.
The airline is able to fly after it agreed to a local partner.

ivan ellerbai
12th Nov 2007, 23:43
Had a look at CASA's website, there isn't an AOC for Coral Sea Express that I could locate. Can anyone shed light on this "new" operator?

apacau
12th Nov 2007, 23:43
I bet they will be hanging out for the E190...

But weren't a lot of the E170 problems associated with favours for mates in respect of baggage allowance etc. If they run it themselves, maybe some of those issues go away?

Skystar320
12th Nov 2007, 23:52
LOL - Enlighten us to who he was?

witwiw
13th Nov 2007, 01:42
The airline is able to fly after it agreed to a local partner.

Is that a new euphimism for, errrrr, some type of payment under the counter?

ithinkso
13th Nov 2007, 05:02
there is no way any one would be insane enough to attempt to use a 170 again, let alone try to use a 190.

airvan still carring the loads on tuesdays, what a surprise?? (full loads, bags and freight)

THE ORACLE
13th Nov 2007, 19:43
As I said in an earlier post announcing SAW's leases for EMB 145's and the ERJ190........

Have SAW successfully tendered for any work? They don't seem to have achieved any FIFO work with the mining community. Their contract RPT service in the Pacific didn't succeed and yet they have announced additional aircraft leases! As they don't seem to have a revenue stream, I wonder how they are funding all this activity....does anyone care to comment?

Ralph the Bong
13th Nov 2007, 20:24
Has capacity been awarded by the IASC?

Magoodotcom
13th Nov 2007, 20:40
Has capacity been awarded by the IASC?

Hearing set down for later this week.

Have SAW successfully tendered for any work?

Both the 145s have been placed. The 170 has been busy at least 4-5 days a week since being withdrawn from IE service.

But weren't a lot of the E170 problems associated with favours for mates in respect of baggage allowance etc. If they run it themselves, maybe some of those issues go away?

Bingo! I think he's got it!

Coral Sea Express is a JV between SAW and a local operator, the details of which will be announced next week. David Charlton IS NOT the MD of CSE - this was an error by the Solomons Star reporter.

Skystar320
13th Nov 2007, 21:38
170 is busy 4-5times a week :O When I watched in Perth it spent more time baking in the sun

{farkin stupid hot weather}

Magoodotcom
13th Nov 2007, 21:42
170 is busy 4-5times a week When I watched in Perth it spent more time baking in the sun
Not because it was u/s or not getting any work. It was chartered and positioned there as a backup for a resource company in case its regular supplier of air transport was to suddenly become unavailable.

Skystar320
13th Nov 2007, 21:44
That I knew, doesnt mean they paid the full amount does it? I would presume that they paid x% of a total of 100% to keep the aircraft on standby and for whatever reason NJS went on strike then the aircraft would be charged at 100% when flying......

You get me drift?

Skystar320
13th Nov 2007, 21:46
Magoodotcom, it would be interesting if you could let slip any information on the 145's what they would be doing.
I have no idea and keep scratching me head.
Ta

Magoodotcom
13th Nov 2007, 21:56
That I knew, doesnt mean they paid the full amount does it? I would presume that they paid x% of a total of 100% to keep the aircraft on standby and for whatever reason NJS went on strike then the aircraft would be charged at 100% when flying......

I think it's pretty close to the full amount. SAW knocked back the election media gig for it, so it must be paying ok?!?!

it would be interesting if you could let slip any information on the 145's what they would be doing.
I have no idea and keep scratching me head.

I'm not 100% sure myself, but I understand they'll be announcing the details just after Xmas. There are some competitive sensitivities.

ithinkso
14th Nov 2007, 03:55
with a local partner, the baggage problems will on ly get worse, and here will be more favours for friends, absolutely no chance of success

witwiw
14th Nov 2007, 04:59
Why does CSE think an E170 second time around will be any better than the first debacle. As for their desire that the Solomons government/DCA will facilitate provision of an alternate aerodrome closer to HIR than what currently exists (see the IASC website and the SAW application for rights) so that they can improve the pathetic payload, well, methinks they'll be a long time waiting.

As for The 170 has been busy at least 4-5 days a week since being withdrawn from IE service.
then it must be doing a lot of night (or weekend) flying given the amount of time I've seen it on the ground at BNEAP from my nearby office vantage point.

Solwata
14th Nov 2007, 06:11
Originally Posted by witwi
then it must be doing a lot of night (or weekend) flying given the amount of time I've seen it on the ground at BNEAP from my nearby office vantage point.

Originally Posted by skystar320
170 is busy 4-5times a week When I watched in Perth it spent more time baking in the sun
lol, must be doing a heck of a lot of flying then... Seen sitting on Ground in Perth and Brisbane :}

Melanesian Blue
14th Nov 2007, 12:00
http://www.evula.org/dragoon/pics/captain.obvious.jpg

THE ORACLE
14th Nov 2007, 20:18
Thank you to those who commented on my question concerning SAW's revenue stream. Everything that has been said indicates that SAW's current revenue flows exclusively from ad hoc charter work. If so, it puts them in a very 'interesting' position considering the fixed lease costs of the assets involved and I hope for all concerned at SAW that they have a backer with very deep pockets!

pacificmarlin
14th Nov 2007, 22:37
Airvan offers Syd-Hir via Vli thurs pm and Hir-syd via Vli fri am. No terminal change, no hassle. I believe these flts are independant of IE.:)

groggy
15th Nov 2007, 03:08
I have never written on this system before however just can't stand to see all this crap anymore about how well SAW are doing. Honestly this airline Sky AIr World are kidding themselves. They claim to be flying 4 to 5 times a week, having numerous jobs in the system blah blah blah. Whoever from SAW keeps getting on here and trying to convince themselves they are going well is just living in fairy land.

This aircraft has sat on the ground for months on end in both Brisbane and Perth. It has not done 1 hour single flying whilst in Perth and trust me they are not getting paid massive dollars by a mining company just to be there. THey are there because they can;t get any work in Brisbane and have not secured one FIFO contract and claim to be servicing the tourism market. As for the Election charters... hahaha please give me strength that they knocked it back. Prove it like all the other crap that is written on here by them

Let's ask this SAW - Please advise just how many flights and hours have SAW been chartered for in the past 12 months, 6 months and 3 months. Let's really put them on the spot. Does anyone know????

These claims of how well they are going.... They couldn't pi$$ in their pockets or pi$$ money away any more than what they have done since starting.

Come on...someone please tell me exactly the charter hours they have performed since the SOlomon's fell over for them... Because I know but i really want to see the staff from SAW write more $hit on here. Now we hear they are going again with the same aircraft that couldn't do the last job to the Solomon's. Ozjet or Air Nauru had to take the passengers bags because they could only take about 55 passengers.... hahahaha GOOOOD airline

Please get your hand off it SAW and stop having your staff post BS on here.

MinimaNoContact
15th Nov 2007, 03:25
This aircraft has sat on the ground for months on end in both Brisbane and Perth. It has not done 1 hour single flying whilst in Perth

Heard it going to Ravensthorpe a couple times last week...

groggy
15th Nov 2007, 03:31
As I said not 1 hour flying - Ravensthorpe is only a 40 minute mini flight from Perth in a $30M aeroplane.

MinimaNoContact
15th Nov 2007, 03:38
Ok but 40 min sector x 4 sectors... not much though, thats true. Dont think the crews care too much, getting paid to enjoy a pretty cruisy lifestyle at the moment, the question is how long can it last I guess.

Skystar320
15th Nov 2007, 03:46
This aircraft has sat on the ground for months on end in both Brisbane and Perth. It has not done 1 hour single flying whilst in Perth and trust me they are not getting paid massive dollars by a mining company just to be there. THey are there because they can;t get any work in Brisbane and have not secured one FIFO contract and claim to be servicing the tourism market.
Quite simple the SAW aircraft was sitting on the ground in Perth for a while, just in case NJS pilots went on strike.......
Massive dollars, if SAW played their cards right they would have, lets play a little scenerio.
Assuming an hourly rate whilst flying is $5000 per hour
Lenth of time aircraft required: 10business days
SAW charges 10% of $5k an hour for the aircraft to be available i.e on standby
10% of $5k = $500an hr x 24hrs = $12,000 a day x 10days = $120,000
It has not done 1 hour single flying whilst in Perth
BEEP!!!!! WRONG
NJS contract them on 3 flights up to Ravensthorpe with is RIO Tinto Terriroty
i.e $5000x 2hrs = $10k x 3shifts = $30k
2weeks worth potentially up to $150k
As for the Election charters... hahaha please give me strength that they knocked it back. Prove it like all the other crap that is written on here by them[
Quite easy mate, the aircraft was still in Perth on a contract so thety couldnt take the election charter if they wanted to....
Groggy I liked you until you posted :ok::ok::ok:

aimup
15th Nov 2007, 04:12
Thats all well and Good Skystar however like you have said it is merely a Scenario and not based on fact. Even if your figures were correct they require approximately $40 000.00 AUD per day to cover the over heads alone - if for arguments sake they have been charging $5000.00 per hour you need to subtract fuel, landing and air navigational, handling charges, crew HOTAC and per diems to name just a few, if you were talking ACMI there isn't a narrowbody jet in the country that can get away with charging that much per hour. Your correct I haven't factored in the Standing charge however it is still a long way from covering the 40 odd grand needed to break even every day. I dont buy this BS of this being a new aircraft therefore people are desperate to use it, in fact the only remarkably dissimilar point about the aircraft they have chosen to operate is its enormous capital cost. In fact this aircraft has nowhere near the performance or operational capabilites of its competition, realistically the only aircraft it outperforms in some respects is the 146-100. The F100 and 732 absolutely destroy the E170 in all areas with the exception of the operation from exceptionally short strips which the 146 has well and truly covered anyhow. Simply speaking there is not a company anywhere that will pay a premium of almost 100% above an aircraft that can carry almost 25% more at the very least just for the privilege of being carried in a "NEW" aircraft. There is a reason they sit on the ground whilst every other aircraft in the country flies its wings off.

groggy
15th Nov 2007, 04:45
Hey Skystar, I really couldn't care if you like me or not before or after my posting. I am saying let's not talk about fairytale's etc etc. The challenge was set to nominate how many hours SAW have had in the past 12 months of charters. Your wishy washy figures don't really cut the mustard on a $30M aircraft let alone overheads such as wages etc etc etc etc

How about you let there flying do the talking and in the meantime and as I said, stop writing crap on here about how "great" SAW is, as the joke is wearing thin.

Skystar320
15th Nov 2007, 05:04
Groggy,

It seems you have no business sense or experience with what you post.

And your point is exactly around the 30million aircraft? SAW, and I am 99% sure they haven’t brought it outright have leased the aircraft. Based on a 30m aircraft you would be looking at around AUD$100 – 120k for such an aircraft per month. Yes my wishy washy figures are correct but seriously miscalculated, an operator in YPPH sends their EMB-120’s out at around $5k per hour

You don’t expect a carrier to break a profit within the first couple of months of operation and I’d expect the business plan is to loose money for 1 – 2yrs, hell even GO back in the UK with their first business plan wasn’t going to cut a profit until year 3.

Groggy, did you go for an interview with them and get knocked back, is this why your so negative about them?

groggy
15th Nov 2007, 05:14
I wish I went for a job with them as they are paying heaps to do nothing. Have a few friends who do work for them hence I know a thing or two......

You seem like your the GM - Good luck.

Skystar320
15th Nov 2007, 05:45
You dont have the business sense thats for sure!

groggy
15th Nov 2007, 06:01
we'll all I can say is that with over 250 postings that you have written on this website, you obviously must be unemployed or working for SAW as you certainly have nothing better to do in your life.

Good luck reaching you next 250 postings in quick succession. Your probably also on facebook and myspace in an effort to waste more time.

ithinkso
15th Nov 2007, 07:50
From what skystar says he doesnt have an ounce of aviation sense.

From Groggy's join date, he's obviously someone else, incognito stirring the pot.

You're both kids, probably done an aviation degree, and therefore think you know about these things.

The aircraft is suited for only certain routes in australia. If you are interested in which routes these are, give virgin a call.

There has never been a stand alone medium sized jet charter outfit in australia that has done any good. There simply isnt the work. The larger airlines and the smaller, have absorbed all the work in the past and they will continue to do so.

As far as using a 170 for solomon airlines, well the argument was had and finished on this thread, oh about 3 months ago.

Good Luck.

ps: and groggy if you think the boys are being paid, "heaps", you really gotta get out more. Please dont pay for your own endorsement somewhere.

pps: sky air world, are not an airline. the y are an operator. but probably not for long.

MinimaNoContact
15th Nov 2007, 07:59
There has never been a stand alone medium sized jet charter outfit in australia that has done any good

Not entirely true... NJS have had their success... seems to be a thing of the past though, especially under current management.

ithinkso
15th Nov 2007, 08:11
NJS,

have always worked on fixed routes, ie mining charters, long term and have taken ad hoc charter when their full time jobs allow. they are basically an rpt operator.

but you know that.

why do they wear wantas colours???

Skystar320
15th Nov 2007, 08:35
ithinkso, doubt that you know who I am and what my capacity is in my job wise :ok::ok::ok::ok:

You'd be suprised!

ithinkso
15th Nov 2007, 08:49
From your earlier posts, and from your grammar and spelling, you're correct, I would be very surprised.

xxx

ps: mine is bigger than yours

Skystar320
15th Nov 2007, 11:38
Ahhh the beauty of PPrune, the personal insults that always comes after posts :ok::ok::ok:

LOL - and your saying that you have a better aviation sence than me?

Kwaj mate
15th Nov 2007, 12:31
Currently an ERJ170 costs about usd27.5m and the SAW unit is leased at about usd205k per month, plus reserves & other fees & charges. On top of that, their infrastructure charges (ie for the IE service) is charged out at about aud1450 per block hour. SAW also indicate that their engineering costs are also very high.
For a small aircraft (say 7.5t payload on an Micronesian leg) the ATM cost is frighteningly high. Palau, the Marshalls & other Micronesian groups looked at the aircraft for a regional shuttle service with bases in ROR, SPN & PNI. Indirect discussions with SAW indicated the aircraft was not suited to this environment. Perhaps the Australian domestic scene is much more attractive with the present USD exchange rate. However one can not reduce capital costs without excellent utilization. This thread indicates their hourly cost may be excessive.

ithinkso
15th Nov 2007, 20:56
in a senSe yes

THE ORACLE
15th Nov 2007, 21:23
Hi 'kwaj mate' and 'ithinkso' and congratulations on providing some real perspective to my couple of questions concerning the viability of SAW.
Successful aviation business planning in Australia is very difficult and almost impossible unless you have either a strong and continuing revenue stream from a market 'niche' or very deep pockets!!

Skystar320
16th Nov 2007, 01:22
Hi Mate,

My figures are not correct and I fully admit to that, as I said it was to show groggy a scenario in the respect of aviation business as he doesn’t know anything what he is on about. $5k was an easier figure to throw around.

However I am tending to agree with you that the EMB-170LR aircraft is completely the wrong aircraft for the job and rightfully so, further comments someone mentioned this EMB-170LR (70seats) is being leased out at USD$205k a month with for a similar aircraft i.e. BAe 146-200 (80 seats )US$60k [though there is a currently a deal being signed where several ex UA 146-200aircraft are being leased out at AUD$40k) and even a RJ100 US$90k a month. You can see the prospects of that even if you don’t do much flying…… 90k is easier to pay than 205k

The benefits of bringing in a aircraft i.e. 146 means your maintenance costs will be lower as you already have the infrastructure in place i.e. Hawker Pacific / NJS where as in SAW position I presume they have done in-house maintenance which is costing them bucket - loads

Most narrow body aircraft go out ACMI per hr in the shape of A320/A319 US$1800-$2200 but you will see that you don’t subtract the following you add them

- Landing Charges
- Fuel
- Air Navigational
- Handling Charges
- Crew HOTAC
- And per diems

Yes I think SAW have got their aircraft choice completely wrong as well as the EMB-145’s [especially given today’s fuel prices – and the fact that some regional carriers are parking these types up against the fence] in my logical choice would have been ATR / Dash 8 mix

Though I am all for a new operators in Australia, I doubt very much that SAW will be around for much longer giving decisions on the fleet.

aimup
16th Nov 2007, 04:54
Skystar,

Sounds very much like you are trying to dig yourself out of the hole you found yourself in by trying to sound halfway informed. Its all well and good to present a scenario of made up figures, but that is what it is, merely a scenario and based on nothing other than the figures you plucked out of the air. Using figures that you seem to think pertain to the EMB-120 has absolutely no place considering the only thing the two aircraft have in common is their manufacturer. If you are wanting to make comparisons or similar at least compare apples with apples so that it at least is worthwhile reading. Simply speaking you can sit here all day and present misinformed or made up figures but it is entirely pointless.

The EMB-170 that SAW are operating (not EMB-170LR as Skystar claimed) is a relatively good aircraft for the purpose it was designed, narrow, high frequency regional routes. It is next to useless for the purpose SAW are trying apply it too. How the dozen or so pilots (including the one who wrote the business plan) managed to overlook the payload restriction on that route in the 6 or so months they had is beyond me. BTW someone has recently commented that they are awaiting approval from SI DCA to use a closer alternate airfield somewhere in the Solomons when operating as Coral Sea Express, I can only assume they are referring to Munda. IMO this is plain bad practise considering the lack of facilites and navaids and the general condition of the strip. I would be very surprised if any SAW representatives have even taken the time to personnally inspect the airfield assess its suitability. Considering the lack of other airfields if things go particularly bad and more so likliehood of having to divert when servicing HIR in any case. Im not assuming that SAW are actually pursuing this course of action, just because I have read it on here im not taking it as gospel, I am merely offering my view on the scenario if it happened to be the case.

As for your "scenario" of $12000.00 AUD per day - I dont think it is far wrong, though I would say more through luck than anything else. I was under the impression it was $10 000.00 AUD per day either way it doesn't go far when they realistically need to service upwards of $30K per day 7 days a week in overheads to break even. That is before we look at crew per diems and HOTAC whilst in PER. As for your estimation of $5K per hour that that is a worthless statement considering it does not even relate to an aircraft in the catergory. I assume you meant "all in" however it is probably around what SAW need as a pure ACMI component with around 7-8 hours per day to get close to being even. I know for a fact they certainly aren't charging or could get away with charging anywhere near that. I acknowledge that most businesses fully expect to make a loss for the first 2-3 years of operation, however going backward at the rate SAW are is as ridiculous as it comes. Its quite obvious the muppets running the show have either no accountability or idea, perhaps even both. Perhaps Skystar is the CEO or at least in upper management at SAW, he certainly could be considering the lack of business knowledge and sense he has displayed here.

The very fact that SAW have decided to match work to an aircraft as opposed to the other way around will ensure their fate. SAW's business plan has, since word go centred around the fact that companies are prepared to pay a premium for a "NEW" aircraft, clearly this is not the case and anyone with half an idea could have pointed that out well before the idea went from business plan to reality. The fact is the existing aircraft and operators are very capable and will continue to provide very stiff if not insurmountable competition against the SAW option. Basically speaking the most direct competition is currently the 146-100/200, with the exception of being faster the only other significant differentation is the the EMB-170 is "new". Large mining companies (that they are obviously targetting) are simply not interested in paying a massive premium (ok they aren't charging that right now but to be sustainable they need to) or switching from what they consider a reliable and safe operation be it Skywest, NJS or Alliance even just for sake of travelling on a "new" aircraft. Simply not going to happen. Now they have announced additional 190's coming online, please tell me what they are going to be used for?? Even more capital expense without the utilization that in this country can really only be offered by an RPT operation. As it stands right now the aircraft currently in the 100 seat bracket are extremely capable and are being run at realistic and realitively inexpensive rates. In all honesty I cannot see a single ounce of sense in anything they have done or planning on. All I can say is I am extremely happy I am not an investor nor an employee.

Skystar320
16th Nov 2007, 08:17
I can confirm I have nothing to do with SAW - Though with your input its starting to put a blanket over how long they are going to last.

I'd give it a year tops

ivan ellerbai
16th Nov 2007, 10:37
This excerpt from SAW's application to the IASC re a closer alternate. Seems they (SAW) have based their proposal on a hypothetical case rather than a reality and is simply something that will not transpire - ie full payloads. The Sol Govt. will not in the foreseeable future upgrade Munda (only real option) or any other place for that matter to the standard required. Goodness me, they have made a mess of aviation matters to date so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything worthwhile to eventuate.

Interestingly, the BACL submission to the IASC on this matter (rights to HIR) mention the inadequacy of the E170 operation. However, will the IASC take heed of this??????????????

4. Trade Benefits

(a)

the availability of frequent, low cost, reliable freight movement for Australian

exporters and importers.Should satisfactory arrangements be made with the Solomon Islands Government

for the enhancement of an alternate airport nearby to Honiara, then available
payload for the E-170 and E-190 on both sectors between Brisbane and Honiara
could be expected to be 8,000kg and 11,000kg respectively. Assuming a load of
50 passengers, this would result in available freight capacfty of 3,000kg for the
E-170 and 6,000kg for the E-190.

gas-chamber
16th Nov 2007, 20:27
Surely if SAW were going belly-up, it would have happened already. What none of us seem to know is who is bank-rolling them, and why ?

Sal-e
16th Nov 2007, 20:31
The solution is simple. B757. If not, share Nauru's Our Airline.

ringbinder
17th Nov 2007, 06:40
Local scuttlebutt in the Solomons is that the "partner" which Coral Sea Express has is a former MP who's long held airline operator ambitions. He is also a good mate of the former finance minister (which might explain the latters recent demise from this position) so matters are getting increasingly interesting insofar as who/what (in regards to an airline) is going to meet the Solomon's needs for regular and reliable services. It's a bit astounding that the partner appears not to have done "due diligence" insofar as the choice of the E-170 goes. Never mind, he's got ample reserves - and time will probably show that he needed them for this impending venture.

Separately, as far as the hope that Munda will get an upgrade, that's been talked about for years, and it simply continues to get worse each time a Hercules tears it up a bit more. It won't happen, simple as that, unless foreign aid pays for it.

ithinkso
21st Nov 2007, 08:18
the only aircraft for the job, is a 737.300 or 400. unless the operator has proven results and etops approvals, the route wont work.

stick with airvan. pay them more to get the extra sectors if need be, they are the only ones who are performing on the route. it was so in the past and will continue to be so.

facts are facts.

a 757, completely absurd.

Skystar320
21st Nov 2007, 08:21
Would be nice with a B752 but a B733 would be fine even a 732

ithinkso
21st Nov 2007, 08:22
once again skystar, you have shown your ignorance, the 200 just doesnt work.

ithinkso
21st Nov 2007, 08:24
the ideal aircraft, without question is the 737-700, range will allow auckland with alternate, with a full payload. financially and time wise, utterly impossible also.

Skystar320
21st Nov 2007, 08:26
700 are too expensive. The ideal choice is a B733 though a B732 will work just wont be profitable as much as the B733

LMAO

ithinkso
21st Nov 2007, 08:31
already said that, go back about 30 posts and read the original argument that was discussed.

youre a dreamer with nothing much to add.

go away

Skystar320
21st Nov 2007, 08:32
LOL - says you that dug the post up again............ LMAO

gas-chamber
21st Nov 2007, 10:37
ithinkso says the 732 doesn't work. But I went for a ride in it recently and it worked fine.
Got me there, got me back, and ran on time. In Honiara I was also told Solair were keen to extend the Ozjet contract. So Ozjet must be cheap enough. The string attached was they had to get a 733. Question now is would Ozjet run the risk of funding a 733 on the strength of Solair's track record ?

apacau
21st Nov 2007, 20:47
I think Ozjet are getting a 733 anyway for the Palmerston North (NZ) flights. So there would probably some leftover capacity to do the Solair flights

ithinkso
21st Nov 2007, 23:33
when i said the 732 doesnt work i meant it cant carry the loads. restricted on pax and freight. as well as fuel when the wx turns.

gas-chamber
22nd Nov 2007, 02:36
Agreed, it can't go there legally when the weather is bad but most of the time it will do the job. On those other occasions they would need to either park it until the weather came good or pick up fuel en-route somewhere. And because it is obviously cheap, it works for a borderline bankrupt nation like the Solomons. These days you only get what you can afford and quite right, too. The B732 is the way to go when you are on a very tight budget. At least until fuel costs get truly ridiculous, but then even the B733 won't look too good.
Maybe then all will be forgiven and they will ask the E-jets to come back and just suffer the small size, high lease costs etc etc.
What they really need to do is de-regulate the route and may the best operator win. Same goes for everywhere. Was it Charles Darwin who originally came up with the survival of the fittest bit?
Or maybe they will go back to paddling canoes around for inter-island transport. The world could end up a better place.

Chocks Away
22nd Nov 2007, 04:10
Ok but what happened to the Pacific/Polynesian Blue application for services that was reported in the media?
Gone cold?

ithinkso
22nd Nov 2007, 04:34
the problem gas chamber is that there is no where enroute to pick up extra fuel.

solomons have signed the open skies agreement, but for airlines to be given access to the route it has to be reciprocated, ie foreign carriers can only have the same amount of seats as the local operator. its the same in australia, ie qf and united share the direct route to the states.

THE ORACLE
22nd Nov 2007, 06:08
22 November 2007
SkyAirCrewing is a leading Aviation Crewing Company supplying experienced personnel to the Aviation industry.
SkyAirCrewing, on behalf of their client are seeking endorsed flight crew for the following positions based in Australia:
ERJ-145
Check &/or Training Captains
Direct Entry Captains
&
First Officers
To be successful you must hold an ERJ-145 endorsement. SkyAirCrewing would be particularly interested in meeting with you if you also hold project and/or Flight Operations experience.
Our client will be seeking successful applicants to be Team contributors who are self motivated with a fresh, enjoyable, personal approach whilst maintaining professional integrity. Our client is a flexible employer with a results-based outlook toward its staff. You will be working with highly-trained, highly-experienced professionals with vast experience in the aviation industry. Staff development is core to our clients' corporate culture and excellent vocational training opportunities can be expected.
Business sponsorship visas will be available for the right candidates as will a competitive remuneration package.

Looking at SAW's website you get the impression that it is a very small team led by Mr. Charlton (with smiling photos and seemingly solid resumes?). Not content with the mixed success of their current ERJ170 'project', here they go again with the above advertisement. It reads like the small little team is now morphing into an arms length crewing company (SKY AIR) to provide pilots and I suppose flight attendants for the EMB 145 'project'.

As the story unfolds SAW seems to be positioning itself with a latter day Impulse Airlines business model to contract third party crewing. The question needs to be asked as to why would you bother in such a small organisation - unless the principals need the security of 'arms length' detachment from contracted crews if/when things go pear shaped!!

sayallafter
22nd Nov 2007, 11:40
Sale-e, a 732 vs 757, now we are comparing apples with apples... :) !!!!

I don't think Solair would have much cash left after a month of leasing one of those.

BYW..how is Pixie going with theirs.

lucky101
22nd Nov 2007, 20:48
From todays news.

Pacific Blue and SkyAirWorld get approval to serve SolomonsLeithen Francis, Singapore (21Nov07, 05:53 GMT, 268 words)
SkyAirWorld and Pacific Blue will both be competing on the Brisbane-Solomon Islands route thanks to a decision by Australia’s International Air Services Commission (IASC).
Australia has traffic rights for 850 seats per week on the route but Pacific Blue sought 720 seats and SkyAirWorld asked for 658 seats, says the IASC, adding that in its draft determination it has granted Pacific Blue 360 seats and SkyAirWorld 470 seats.
This is sufficient for Pacific Blue to have a twice-weekly service using its Boeing 737-800s and SkyAirWorld has enough rights to either have a six-times-weekly service using its 76-seat Embraer 170 or a five-times-weekly service using its Embraer 190.
The IASC says the two parties have to start operating on the route by 31 March 2008 and start fully utilising the traffic rights allocated by 31 October 2009.
In its application to the IASC, Pacific Blue said it planned to start serving the Brisbane-Honiara route in late 2007 with a twice-weekly service using a wet-leased 138-seat 737-300.
Later it would switch to using one of its 180-seat 737-800s and steadily increase frequency to four flights per week by next November, it said.
SkyAirWorld said in its application it planned to launch on the Brisbane-Honiara route by late January with a daily service using its 76-seat E-170 and in March next year, when it is due to receive two 94-seat E-190s, it would deploy the larger Embraer aircraft on the route. Honiara is the Solomon Islands’ capital.
Pacific Blue is the New Zealand-based international arm of Australia’s Virgin Blue while SkyAirWorld is a Brisbane-based carrier that started as a charter operator.
Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

_SKYGOD_
23rd Nov 2007, 00:27
.i Have Returned.

Melanesian Blue
2nd Dec 2007, 09:30
Is solair domestic short on crew?? Heard whispers upon landing in Gizo last week there's going to be problems. Anyone with inside info???

ringbinder
4th Dec 2007, 06:51
Despite strong assurances from the management (whomever they are but allegedly not SAW), Coral Sea Express was not up and running at the end of November. This is also contrary also to the recent article in the local newspaper, the Solomon Star promising the same. Makes you wonder about the ability of anyone intending to operate in this part of the world with E170's to actually deliver on their promises.

Local concern is that the new operation, either as CSE or SAW will be just more of the same and the poor Solomonese will have been led down the garden path yet again.

ads1963
15th Dec 2007, 11:18
Just wondering if there are any news on SAW. What's happening to their operation?

ads1963
17th Dec 2007, 06:26
bump up! Any feedback?

Kwaj mate
20th Dec 2007, 21:57
Will the change of Government have any effect on future airline operations?
We are still waiting to hear what is happening here (the Marshall Is) and this relates to future alliances (with China or Taiwan) etc.

ringbinder
20th Dec 2007, 22:40
Here in the Solomons we, also, are very interested in what might prevail regarding the airline (IE), Coral Sea Express and any other interested parties and we await with some trepidation the allocation of the Transportation portfolio.

Given the sackings, reinstatements, Board reshuffling, ineptitude and suspicious dealings that beset the airline and the fact that the woes of IE were one catalyst in the downfall of the former government, you would think it is an issue forefront in their minds and there will be a determination to sort IE out once and for all. The opportunity still exists for it to be a force, but not if they follow the path of old. They need to revamp the outfit dramatically, even to the extent of taking in stakeholders with the knowledge and ability to make things work (won't that be a refreshing change!!). Alas, I feel it might be a case of those of us wanting it to work for the benefit of the Solomons simply continuing to :ugh:.

As KM says, the international political implications will be interesting but the current circumstances surely give the Solomonese, Marshallese and the Kiribati governments the opportunity to get the best possible (allied) airline solution courtesy of either the Taiwanese or Chinese.

Like I said, though, :ugh::ugh::ugh:

apacau
20th Dec 2007, 23:08
From another message board:

Sky Air World (S9) will commence 5x weekly E70 BNE-HIR-BNE services effective 21JAN08.

Flights will depart every SUN/MON/TUE/THU/FRI at 06.00 as S9 101 and return the same day to Brisbane at 13.00 as S9 102. The airline will be offering both Business (6-8 seats) and Economy on its E70.

Sky Air World expects to upgrade BNE-HIR services to E90 equipment early in 2008.

frigatebird
23rd Mar 2012, 11:02
Solomon Star News

Wednesday, 21 March 2012 15:32
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/emailButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zb2xvbW9uc3Rhcm5ld3MuY29tL25ld3MvYnVzaW5 lc3MvMTQwNDEtc3Vtc3Vtcy1kb3VibGUtam9i) http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/printButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/business/14041-sumsums-double-job?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=)
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/resized/images/stories/ron-sumsum_200_200.jpg Solomon Airlines CEO Ron Sumsum

(http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/stories/ron-sumsum.jpg)

CONTROVERSIAL Solomon Airlines CEO Ron Sumsum has continued his dominance in the airline industry by joining the line pilot of the Airbus leased by Solomon Airlines, sources confirmed.

This was despite holding onto the lucrative chief executive officer’s (CEO) position of the Solomon Airlines. The post is currently being advertised by Solomon Airlines and applications will close on Friday.
Our source said under the civil aviation regulation it is wrong for an accountable officer to hold another position at the same time.
“Where is your obligation to maintain accountability in the operation?" Our source asked.
“This leaves room for abuse of responsibilities.
“This is because line pilots come under the supervision of captains and captains are under the supervision of CEO,” our source said.
“So how can the captain fire Sumsum when he is also the CEO in this situation?
“This has never been practiced before and Sumsum is the first person to hold the CEO position and line pilot at the same time,” our source said.
“Sumsum is not superman to hold two positions.
“Civil Aviation Authority needs to rectify this situation,” our source said.
An attempt to talk to Civil Aviation Director, Brian Kere for clarification was not possible as he is currently overseas.
His acting officers, George Satu and Brian Halisanau were also overseas.

The new Permanent secretary of Communication and Aviation, Francis Lomo said that he still needs to get further information regarding this issue as he only started on Thursday.
Last year Sumsum, a ni-Vanuatuan came under the spotlight when Prime Minister Gordon Darcy Lilo, the then Finance Minister accused him of getting huge remuneration than any other local in the country.
Lilo said last year that Sumsum has got remuneration which is more than the Prime Minister of Australia, and called for Sumsum to be replaced by a Solomon Islander so that the Airline industry can afford to pay, to go inline with the economy of the country.
He said what Sumsum was doing shows how overseas consultants were eating the money in the country.
This forced Lilo to come up with a new nomination of candidates to change the Solomon Airlines board to get rid of Sumsum.
However, the idea vanished after he was elected to the Prime Minister’s post last November.
Meanwhile, new finance minister, Rick Hou said that the board had not changed and is still headed by Bill Tyson.
He said only new inclusions were Sebastian Ilala and businessman Justin Fuo’o.
An attempt to talk to Mr Sumsum was unsuccessful.
By EDDIE OSIFELO

gobbledock
23rd Mar 2012, 11:14
The rise and rise of Ron !!!!
Nice remuneration, no wonder the country is still sliding backwards.

frigatebird
4th Apr 2012, 10:46
Solomon Star News Bolding and underlining added

Thursday, 29 March 2012 04:07

Solomon Airlines CEO Ron Sumsum (http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/stories/ron-sumsum.jpg)
CONTROVERSIAL pilot, Ron Sumsum is entitled to fly an aircraft while being the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Solomon Airlines.

Advisor to Civil Aviation, Bill Macgregor revealed this after Sumsum was accused of doing double jobs in the airline industry.
Sources claimed under the civil aviation regulation it was wrong for an accountable officer to hold another position at the same time because of conflict of interest.
However, Macgregor said this was all garbage.
"Under the civil aviation rule he’s (Sumsum) quite entitle to do that," he said.
"It’s a very good thing because when we buy the new aircraft, Sumsum wants to fly it to set the standard he wants the crew to operate under.
"Once he sets the standard, he will step down from flying," the advisor said.
Our sources said because line pilots come under the supervision of captains and captains are under the supervision of CEO, there was a low chance for Sumsum to be fired.
But Macgregor said that was covered under the law where captain has the absolute power to fire anyone.
Sumsum, a ni-Vanuatu has come under the spotlight last year when Prime Minister Gordon Darcy Lilo was the Finance Minister accused him of getting huge remuneration than any locals in the country.
Solomon Stars understand he got about $400,000 AUD per month, about $2m when he was the CEO.
Lilo said Sumsum got remuneration more than the Prime Minister of Australia and needed to be replaced by a Solomon Islander so that the Airline industry can afford to pay to go in line with the economy of the country.
He said what Sumsum was doing shows how overseas consultants were eating up the money in the country.
This forced Lilo to come up with new nomination of candidates to change the Solomon Airlines board to get rid of Sumsum.
However, the idea has vanished after he was elected to the Prime Minister’s post last November.
The lucrative CEO post was currently advertised and application already closed last week.
Macgregor said Sumsum was one of the applicants for the post.
He said the board of Airline will nominate the candidate and the answer should be known by next week.
By EDDIE OSIFELO

A Cosy Arrangement between Consultants....

So Summsum and more Summsum, has his own standards....?

But we already know that from the lies(rumours) he spread afterwards regarding the previous conscientious employees he fired..

frigatebird
5th Apr 2012, 09:47
Yep, the CEO's doing a GREAT job managing all this....

Solomon Star News
Thursday, 05 April 2012 11:06
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/emailButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zb2xvbW9uc3Rhcm5ld3MuY29tL25ld3MvbmF0aW9 uYWwvMTQyMTEtYWlybGluZXMtZ2V0cy1ibGFtZS1mb3Itc2VjdXJpdHktYmx 1bmRlcg%3D%3D) http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/printButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/national/14211-airlines-gets-blame-for-security-blunder?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=)
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/resized/images/stories/airport-security_200_200.jpg Since last Sunday's incident at the airport, security has been tightened at the airport.

(http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/stories/airport-security.jpg)

IT has been alleged that Solomon Airlines security should take the full blame for the security blunder inside the Honiara International Airport.

This came after its security officers manning the terminal were caught off guarded in two broad day light incidents. The first one was when a group of armed men entered the Airport and escaped with a foreign national in a bus waiting at the parking area in 2010.
Then last Sunday, 38-year-old man from Renbel Province attempted to set fire inside the terminal due to domestic dispute with his wife who worked at Solomon Airlines check in counter.
Our source said it was the poor management of security in the Airline area that resulted in the men sneaking through it.
“The Aviation security trained by RAMSI should not be blame because they are looking after the whole airport,” our source said.
“Inside the terminal, security belongs to each company that operate there.
“But the incident happened in the Solomon Airlines area because of poor negligence,” our source said.
Our source said every year the Solomon Airlines security has been trained as part of meeting the international requirement.
Another source said RAMSI should take the blame as well because it training on Aviation security did not have any impact.
Francis Lomo, permanent secretary for Ministry of Communication and Aviation has directed the head of security to upgrade level of number of people manning the gates and check in counters.
It,s understood investigations into the incident is currently underway.
By EDDIE OSIFELO

frigatebird
20th Apr 2012, 22:46
Solomon Star News

Thursday, 19 April 2012 04:18
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/emailButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zb2xvbW9uc3Rhcm5ld3MuY29tL25ld3MvYnVzaW5 lc3MvMTQzMjAtYWlybGluZXMtY2hhaXItb24tY2VvLXBhY2thZ2U%3D) http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/printButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/business/14320-airlines-chair-on-ceo-package?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=)
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/resized/images/stories/ron-sumsum_200_200.jpg Former Solomon Airlines CEO Ron Sumsum

(http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/stories/ron-sumsum.jpg)

CHAIRMAN of the Solomon Airlines Board, Billy Tyson has defended the remuneration of the former chief executive officer (CEO), Ron Sumsum.

Former Finance Minister now the Prime Minister, Gordon Darcy Lilo last year accused Sumsum of getting huge package than any other locals in the country. Mr Lilo alleged Mr Sumsum got remuneration more than the Prime Minister of Australia and needed to be replaced by a Solomon Islander so that the Airline industry can afford to pay in accordance with the economy of the country.
However, Chairman Bill Tyson said this was not true.
He said Sumsum’s remuneration was nowhere near to other CEOs in the South Pacific.
Tyson said the board will set up an arbitrator to look into the allegations and controversies surrounding Sumsum.
Solomon Star understands former CEO, Sumsum was amongst the candidates who applied for the post as well.
His contract had lapsed on Tuesday this week.
Tyson did not want to confirm the names of applicants who applied for the CEO post when asked by the Solomon Star.
He said the applications had already closed and they will start looking at them now.
Mr Tyson said the post had attracted a great number of applications.
By EDDIE OSIFELO

TBM-Legend
20th Apr 2012, 23:13
Pull RAMSI out and let these guys sort out their own issues. I'm sick and tired of propping up failed states...anyway who really cares...?

frigatebird
21st Apr 2012, 20:46
Evidently not You..
A RAMSI presence is a good thing to keep the neighbours factions from each others throats, though it doesn't provide the same career path for young Service officers feeding off the Government pay tit to cover themselves with glory and campaign ribbons and the odd medal..
Good to see a little more attention being paid to the spats in our front yard, - rather than rushing off to be cannon fodder for others interests..
RAMSI isn't only Aussie, so they get experience working with other local Regional nations operatives for a positive outcome (..if they are any good).
If they do a good job in Honiara, then they can work themselves out of there.

frigatebird
27th Apr 2012, 20:29
Solomon Star News
Monday, 23 April 2012 09:25
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/emailButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zb2xvbW9uc3Rhcm5ld3MuY29tL25ld3MvYnVzaW5 lc3MvMTQzNDItdG9wLWFpcmxpbmVzLW9mZmljaWFsLWFjY3VzZWQ%3D) http://www.solomonstarnews.com/templates/ja_teline_iii/images/printButton.png (http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/business/14342-top-airlines-official-accused?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=)
http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/resized/images/stories/gus-kraus_200_200.jpg Solomon Airlines commercial manager Gus Kraus

(http://www.solomonstarnews.com/images/stories/gus-kraus.jpg)

A Solomon Airlines top manager has been accused of renting out his private vehicles to senior staff without registering them as public transport, it was claimed.

Gus Kraus, commercial manager of Solomon Airlines reportedly rented five of his vehicles to the airline which was used by senior airlines’ officers with the costs of using these vehicles met by the airline. This practice was claimed to be on going for sometime now since he joined the airline.
An inside source revealed that Mr Kraus rented his five vehicles out to senior airlines' staff however did not register these vehicles as business but as private vehicles.
Three cars are said to be used by a local chief domestic pilot, a Dash-8 engineer and the airlines consultant.
While the other two cars are being used by the airlines’ financial controller and the airbus pilots during their overnight stay in Honiara on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The source further revealed these vehicles are being hired at a rate between $200-$500 per day.
The registry numbers of the cars are AB6442, AB9410, AB9908, AB5545 and AB6723.
An invoice (#SOL/IE-5545 007-9/2011) document dated 12/09/2011 cited by the Solomon Star showed the total cost of SBD$4,900.00 hiring for car AB 5545 for 14 days at $350 per day.
Another invoice (# IE-RHOL 019-9/2011) with the same date had a total amount of $8,400 for 28 days hire at $300 per day.
Another invoice number SOL/IE –APNG 19-9/2011 for 35 days of car hire at $250 per day that totaled to $8,750.00
The source questions whether it is legal to hire these cars using a private registration or not.
Further revelation stated that fuel, repair and servicing costs of these private cars are also met by the airline.
“This is ridiculous to see how these foreign elements come into the country to serve themselves and benefit from this company and leave our people hopeless.
“These senior airline officials have a network that works to serve their own interest and treat it as their own company.
“I wonder why the government or the board are so reluctant to axe these people. They have been manipulating this company like a family business.
“We had enough of working under pressure and in an unconducive environment,” an insider stressed.
The source said it is very interesting to see these foreigners taking up these top management jobs only to serve their own interests and not that of the company.
“They have sent out memos reminding staff not to release information regarding the company. If found you will be sacked.
“These foreigners don’t care whether the company is making a profit or not. What is evident of them is they care only about their money,” the source said.
Honiara acting City Clerk when questioned if such practice is acceptable, said it is wrong and any hired vehicles has to be registered as a public vehicle and pay business license to operate.
Charles Kelly said such practise must not be entertained and people should do the right thing other than to avoid paying fees they should be liable to.
Mr Kelly said the council has caught a huge number of public buses and taxis that failed to pay their business license.
“But if some people are hiding away with such practises to avoid fees then that is illegal,” Mr Kelly said.
Attempts to get Mr Kraus for comments over the past days on these allegations were not possible since he is still away overseas.
Two separate emails were sent to him last week but he was unable to respond.
However the Solomon Star was informed employees of the airlines were called to a meeting last Friday and were questioned over who leaked these documents to the media about the issue.
By Daniel Namosuaia

TBM-Legend
27th Apr 2012, 22:55
Who cares it's the Solomon's for goodness sake!

Gus ain't going get rich on that deal....

gobbledock
28th Apr 2012, 10:48
Who would have thought that an airline executive would be more interested in his own self interest than the airline or countries interest??

I would also expect that at the prices the cars are being rented out for they at least come with a working radio, floor carpet and vinyl seats that are free of urine stains and crusty brown matter!

Cargo744
28th Apr 2012, 22:23
Agree with tbm... Who cares? Waste of Time and money.

bowing
29th Apr 2012, 02:44
this what you call S.O.Ps ISLAND STYLES:ok: