PDA

View Full Version : What is B73C

mutt
28th Apr 2007, 20:46
Wanna employ a guy who has B73C on his licence, can you tell me what models of B737 he is qualified to fly and in which seat?

Thanks

Mutt

Torque2
28th Apr 2007, 20:53
Seems that it is 737 600/700/800

http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/general/policyletters/cancelled/ga0102.htm

Can't help with the seat.:)

AAIGUY
3rd May 2007, 14:47
I have a B73C from MOT. Its from the -800, but I believe it can cover the 6-900 inclusive. I KNOW it covers the 6,7,8 for sure. A type is can be granted for either seat I believe, that being said, all my FO rides, still say P1 on the evaluation form..so what do I know..

Johnny767
4th May 2007, 15:48
In the Canadian Licence system, both Captain and F/O get an "Endorsement."

Unlike in the US (at least it used to be) where only the Captain gets a "Type Rating."

As such, you can not tell (by the Licence document) if their experience is as PIC.

Lost in Saigon
7th May 2007, 13:49
In Canada, the "Cruise Relief Pilot" sometimes gets a full type endorsement as well. It all depends on the training received and how the type endorsement application is filled out.

I believe that Air Canada is one of the few airlines in the world that uses "Relief Pilots" on flights that need an augmented crew due to long flights or long duty days. Most other airlines use fully qualified Captains and/or First Officers.

Lately Air Canada has reduced the training and now they get a restricted type endorsement valid only for the "Cruise Portion of Flight".

It is possible to get this restriction lifted if they do a complete PPC with T/O's and landings and then apply for an unrestricted type endorsement.

But because "Relief Pilot" is a position based on seniority and contract, they still won't be allowed to do any landings or takeoffs. SOP has them vacate the seat at 10,000'.

SAW
8th May 2007, 15:57
73C = all the NG's.