PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Flying Academy

flyndad
27th Apr 2007, 17:48
Anyone got any info on this flight school? I see they are hiring Instructors. What are the minimum qualifications?
Thanks in advance.

zob
27th Apr 2007, 23:11
they just need people...
apply and you are in :ok: that's how bad it is down there...

zakka
28th Apr 2007, 01:15
And you will find the highest standards in the world and work for a great management "Higher standards always". The principal is a prime example, and he will tell you all about how to conduct proper flying instruction. Lovely chap :ugh:
Great place to live but horrible place to work!

flyndad
28th Apr 2007, 01:34
Why is it a horrible place to work?

PPRuNe Towers
28th Apr 2007, 07:17
Go the the South Asia forum,

Hit the seach facility, pour a drink and settle in for the ride.

Rob

PicMas
29th Apr 2007, 16:28
Seriously!!
You are NOT going to MFA, I have worked there and I strongly caution and advise against even considering.
The principal is an absolute joke, he is about 1000years old, ex-Indian airforce and has absolutely zero understanding of aviation alltogether.

He will change the contract as he pleases, pass memos about new stupid rules on a daily basis.

The flying is unprofessional, the graduates are turkeys once they hit the simulator of their sponsoring airline. Worst instrument flying I have ever seen - I have flown on 4 continents. You will be expected to fly on WAY outdated charts.
The company procedures are practically not existing, very little instrument flying very poor procedures.

You have been warned - worst thing I ever did in my career!!!!

Mag
1st May 2007, 02:03
I totaly concur picmas!
you have ALL been warned.
The place should be closed down. Lowest standards I have ever seen and ICAO should be ashamed of themselves for 'approving' it.

The principal is the most arrogant,ignorant and egotistical person you would wish to meet and standards are lower than the gutter.

They WILL change your contract as they wish and you can do nothing except leave...and then they will try to get back from you ALL(and more) of your 'training' costs.....and then you cannot work in the country for a further 6 months.
It's a shame really cos Malaysia is not a bad place to live.