PDA

View Full Version : Carrying PPL Hours To Another School?

BAe 146-100
26th Apr 2007, 12:55
Good afternoon,

I don't know too much about this in particular, however I hope someone can help me out.

Is it possible to carry hours from school to another? I’m in the teens figure at the moment and I'm wondering whether to go somewhere else and I’m wondering if this is possible or is it just too much hassle?

Thank you

Kolibear
26th Apr 2007, 13:03
I did just that. Ask School A for your training records and take them with you to School B.

Captain Smithy
26th Apr 2007, 13:07
Of course. The hours in your logbook are exactly that - YOUR hours... so it makes no difference who you train with, the hours in your logbook are yours and that is that.

I would exercise caution in changing schools/clubs however... different schools/clubs may operate different aircraft, which is a hassle if you've been training on one particular type (e.g if you've been training on a Tomahawk and a school you're looking at operates, say, a 152). Just my own humble and unimportant opinion, however, others may think otherwise! But exercise care whatever your choice is.;)

Cheers

Smithy

BackPacker
26th Apr 2007, 13:09
Also, if you can, make sure the school validates your logbook entries. Usually they will stamp your logbook "logbook hours correct" + a signature and the name of the school or something.

vectis lady
26th Apr 2007, 13:39
i changed schools after arnd 40hrs and it wasnt a prob i just got my training record and took it to the new school,

i changed aircraft 3 times during my training and it was fine i went to another airfield so after a couple of hrs to get used to the new procedures i was happy with the new plane so it didnt make much difference, maybe helped a bit as i am happy to try out new planes and maybe if all my training had been on one type i would have been a bit nervous to change after 100 or so hrs

if you do change types thou dont try and do it while having a normal lesson as i did, the crosswind was outside limits for my normal type so we just took something else Major Mistake, i was totally over my head trying to land at Cardiff in an unfamiliar type,

good luck anyway hope u find a school that suits u

BAe 146-100
26th Apr 2007, 15:58
Thanks a lot people, very much appreciated. :)

It shouldn't be too much of a problem then by all accounts, the school I'm hopefully going to move to operates the same aircraft I'm on at the moment (PA-38).

Thanks again everyone.

146 :ok: