PDA

View Full Version : Huge Request for help

Albert Plunkey
25th Apr 2007, 22:21
I have an appointment for a sim eval on the Dash 8 300 in two weeks.

From reading, there is an engine out and an engine fire simulation ...

Can anyone give me the checklists for the above to prepare and more importantly give me a cockpit layout diagram or photo?

I promise to drink copious amounts of things starting with Glenn in your honour if you can help.

If I didn't have the sim ride so soon I'd be drinking right now ...

Strangely nervous,

P

ps. Email is [email protected] for anyone kind enough ..

pps. If you're from Nigeria and have 20 zillion in gold tucked away that you cannot get without my help, thanks but no thanks

Kickingpost
26th Apr 2007, 00:15
For Photos of Cockpits I find the best place to download them are on Airliners.net.

Cheers

slowstream
26th Apr 2007, 15:52
No need to worry about a emergency checklist, your sim partner/evaluator is your PNF and will run the checklist as per your request. So no memeory items for you, just fly the plane, keep it under control and fly the approach in, not too difficult, just relax.

Best of luck

LongWayHome
26th Apr 2007, 20:13
Hey Albert Plunkey,

"Brav Zulu" on your upcoming sim eval. Try and get some rest before the ride. "I know, I know, easier said than done." As Slowstream mentioned, use the PNF to your full advantage. Think crew / team..yadda yadda. This is a two-crew machine,(front end) and a beauty to fly. Your efforts will be rewarded.

Permit me to ask you a favour. When you sucessfully complete this "trip in the box", please have a couple beer for me. Let everyone onboard this forum know how much "fun" you had (sic), and we'll do our best to have one for you!

You'll do fine...

Regards

Bill

vincysurfer
29th Apr 2007, 17:35
As everyone said you will have to fly the plane, the PNF will run the checks. Calls will depend on company SOP's so I am sure they will not kill you for getting anything like that wrong. Here are some rough numbers that work nicely for the 300 sim for power settings. I could give you a rough version of calls too but you should not really need them for an eval. Also obviously these are rough numbers and may have to be adjusted slightly depending on conditions but should be pretty close for 0 wind gross weight.

Both Engines Operating

Configuration * Airspeed * V/S * Pitch * Power

Gear Up/ Flap 0 * 135 kts * Climb * 12 * Climb power

Gear Up/ Flap 0 * 140 kts * Level * 5 * 36%

Gear Up/ Flap 0 * 140 kts * -700 ft/min * 0 * 10%

Gear Down/ Flap 15 * 120 kts * -700 ft/min * 0 * 25%

Gear Down/ Flap 15 * Vref +10 * -700 ft/min * 0 * 20%

One Engine Operating

Configuration * Airspeed * V/S * Pitch * Power

Gear Up/ Flap 15 * V2 * Climb * 9 * 100%

Gear Up/ Flap 0 * ERC * Climb * 9 * MCP

Gear Up/ Flap 0 * 140 kts * Level * 5 * 60%

Gear Up/ Flap 0 * 140 kts * -700 ft/min * 0 * 20%

Gear Down/ Flap 10 * 120 kts * Level * 5 * 65%

Gear Down/ Flap 15 * 120 kts * Level * 5 * 85%

Gear Down/ Flap 15 * 120kts * -700 ft/min * 0 * 35% ILS G/S

Albert Plunkey
10th May 2007, 11:35
Thanks for all who replied - I really appreciate the advice.

I did the ride Monday and walked out of the sim feeling like a total prat. I didn't crash or blow the ILS but my altitude holding was creative to say the least.

Apparently my CRM was acceptable because I passed the eval and have been hired.

:)

Anyone going to do the 300 eval in Toronto who would like a more detailed outliine of what to expect feel free to email me.

slowstream
10th May 2007, 18:17
Congratulations!

Was'nt too bad hey? Now the real work starts, be sure to enjoy yourself too!