PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and quick question

Phil73805
24th Apr 2007, 23:21
Hello all, my name is Phil and I have held my license for coming on 7 years now. I fly out of Elstree at the moment as part of a group operating a Grumman Cheetah. After getting my license initially, transport troubles ensured that I was unable to get to an airfield and so my SEP lapsed. A couple of years ago, having saved up a decent sum of money (remortgaged my soul), I enquired as what was needed to reinstate my flying privileges. In short, I did it and got myself back in the air :D

And now for the question, the time of SEP renewal approaches and I wanted to know what I needed to do to get this done and dusted? I know that some time with an instructor is mandatory and I welcome it but what else do I need to know?

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all

Phil

LondonJ
24th Apr 2007, 23:36
not as tough as you think buddy, when does you SEP rating expire? hou have to have done 12 hours flying in the preceeding year including 1 hour with an instructor. drop me a pm and i'll let you know which instuctors are based freelance at Elstree and save you the hassle of the schools and their 'membership fees'.

DaveW
25th Apr 2007, 10:37
You may find this helpful (http://www.flyer.co.uk/jar/ppl_valid_single.php). Particularly the link "Revalidation"