PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - Wannabes & Recruitment

Pages : [1] 2

dumdumbrain
13th Apr 2007, 16:55
Hi I got this email today from St James, thought it may be of some interest to some of you. Well i've missed out the bit about the pre-entry exam.

Ryanair have introduced a new joiners allowance. Basically this is a free bonus to new crew to help them set themselves setup at the start of their employment. The payment are as follows.

1st Months pay €300 / £250
2nd Months pay €300 / £250
6th Months pay €600 / £500

Please note it is a requirement to claim this bonuses, they will not be paid automatically. If you are based outside the UK the Euro figures apply. If you are based in the UK the Sterling figures apply. In addition if you leave before the first 12 months you will be expected to repay these amounts. Your employer will provide you with full details during the course.

As you might imagine this will be a huge benefit for crew and even if you decide to just put this money in a bank account to earn interest, you cannot lose on this deal!

Uniform Charge and Allowance

Ryanair have decided to stop charging crew for their uniform after 12 months of service. This means you will pay €30 / £25 for the first 12 months and then not pay any more monthly charges. Instead Ryanair will pay to crew an annual allowance of €325 / £250 towards replenishing uniform items at the uniform shop and as a contribution towards your ID or medicals or any other expense you might incur.

Again this is a major change to your terms and conditions of employment and will increase in real terms the salary that gets paid into your bank account each month.

Flight Pay

There is a significant change to the way crew salaries are calculated.

Crew will be now paid per ‘Scheduled Block Hour’ (SBH) instead of a flight allowance. This is a fairer system as in the past you were paid an allowance for either a short flight (less than 1 hr 45 mins) or a long flight (more than 1 hr 45 mins). What this meant is a crew member who flew a short flight might be paid the same as a crew member who operated a flight nearly twice as long.

So with immediate effect Crew are paid by the hour based on scheduled flying time.

25% Reduction in Hours!

From 1st April 2008, crew will work a maximum 900 hours (SBH’s) in a year (currently it is 1200 SBH). This means is you will be working 25% less. So you will have increased leisure time, less working time and have more energy to enjoy your increased time off. What is significant is there will NOT be any reduction in your flight pay. So basically you will work 25% less and earn the same. That can only be good news!

NordicJetSet
22nd Apr 2007, 16:43
Is that correct that when you are in training with Ryanair, you get to choose three airports where you want to be based? Are you really going to get some of them or can they put you anywhere?

It would be also nice to hear your experiences of different bases, pros and cons etc. Especially about Madrid and Girona, because those would be my first choices.

Claudinho
22nd Apr 2007, 19:39
Hello there. Well your pretty much right. You have the right to choose from 2 bases. For exsample 1. Dublin 2. Girona.

Now they will to 70% Give the base you want,but remember they can also say no u'll have to go to a totally diffrent base if its your choice or not !

I have been based in CRL and in HHN. Charleroi is the best base out there !
HHN is not bad but there quite a few things what i didnt like.

About madrid and girona. I heard madrid isnt that good as it sounds,and is being said,but girona seems to be pretty nice.
Well if i may say choose either Charleroi or Girona. Forget madrid!
Best of luck !:ok:

Best Regards,

Claudinho

Vectors Req'd!
24th Apr 2007, 07:31
Hey everyone

I have been away for a week and got back yesterday. A good source told me that Ryanair have announced (or are just about too) their plans to go long haul.

Can't find anything on here, does anyone know anymore??

Some of you may know me from easy, I wounder if we will follow suite??

Commander1
24th Apr 2007, 09:38
I spoke to my instructor and she told me they will be but i dont know when. Flights to NYC

Claudinho
24th Apr 2007, 23:07
Its said they will start in 2012. Anyway who knows...

Vectors Req'd!
25th Apr 2007, 07:30
Thanks for that...

NordicJetSet
27th Apr 2007, 15:34
Isn't there really anyone else working for Ryanair with some advice about bases?

P.S. Thanks for your reply anyway Claudinho :).

Commander1
27th Apr 2007, 19:11
Hey, you get a choice to pick up to 3 bases. I got my first choice however some people got bases they didn't even have on the list.

planeshipcar
5th May 2007, 09:58
when training does your 1400 pounds cover all accommodation?

what types do you get on the course are they all extravert?

when based, say stanstard, where do crew live - do they commute from london or is there cheap accommodation where crew members can stay neay by?

does ryan supplement travel costs or is this all up to employee?

much appreciated:8

QRCC2B
7th May 2007, 04:45
I hear things are improving at FR!

No long charge of uniform, 25% less working hours, salary improvement and a £1,000 GBP joining bonus to all those who pass training.

justD
7th May 2007, 12:57
If you work less hours, you fly less sectors...

Is sector pay going to be increased by 25% then? (otherwise you're getting quite a bit of a pay-cut...)

(just curious)

Wes22
14th May 2007, 15:28
Hi there!:)
Next 26th May I will attend an interview to the Ryan Air's trainning course, provided by Crewlink.
I'd like to hear from someone who works/worked at Ryan Air, if it is a good Airline to work with. I mean: Do they give you minimum conditions? Are the first earnings really from 1000p to 1400p? Do they transfer you frequently from a base to another?
Also, what is the best base to work in?( I'm thinking about London, Rome, Glasgow or Madrid...)
Send me your experiences! :ok:
Another thing: As I am Portuguese, do you know any more Airline that recruits in Portugal?

Tkz
Wes

easygalleyfm
14th May 2007, 17:58
try easyjet, though classed the same as ryan air (low cost), much better working conditions and better choice of base i.e paris, madrid, milan, berlin, dortmund, lgw, ltn, stn, etc.
Good luck!

Commander1
15th May 2007, 14:41
Um, sorry but FR bases are pretty much on par with EZY.

easygalleyfm
15th May 2007, 18:54
easyjet paris is paris, milan is milan etc etc.... i used to work for ryan air and believe me its nothing even as close as good compare with easy. respect, wages, hours, you name it....

Wes22
16th May 2007, 14:42
Thanks for your comments. I have found in www.ryan-be-fair.org/workplace/union_yes.htm (http://www.ryan-be-fair.org/workplace/union_yes.htm) some opinion from ex and present workers at RyanAir and.... well, I am not pleased with what I have read.

I will attend to the interview ( the only thing that I loose with that is time...) anyway, so that I can ask 1000 questions and see what the answers will be.

Wes

Claudinho
22nd May 2007, 19:18
Hello there again

If anyone has any questions about ryanair. Please contact me via PM
!

Much easyer and we'll keep the forums cleaner ;)

Regards,

Claudinho

marydoll
26th May 2007, 12:48
In response to the question about bases, yes you do give your three preferences. The training schools try to get you your first choices but it's not always possible. You asked about Madrid and Girona and to be quite honest there is a VERY slim chance you wil be based there as there are a lot of current employees desperate to get there. Hope that answers your question!:)

orangegirl
26th May 2007, 14:51
I used to be with FR aswell and I must say: I had the worst time!
I'm at EZY now... it's SO much better! come to us...!!! ;)

Waterford1983
28th May 2007, 13:40
its a fantastic company - you learn loads, meet loads of people and it opens many doors for you

Catherina
3rd Jun 2007, 18:22
Hi everybody,

I am a new comer here. I applied successfully for the cabin crew training at Ryanair and I would like to know some internal info, like how is accomodation, how much money should I take, after training can we work immediately? etc

Thanks in advance
C.

schneithi
20th Jun 2007, 15:13
I heard that with the less flight time of 25 %. But how can you earn the same if you are paid in hours you fly? That would mean that you also get 25 % less money. Or do they increase the hourly pay?

rich444_2000
28th Jun 2007, 09:14
Ive been invited to an open day / Interview at Stansted next week after St James's accepted my application and CV.
Anyone know what i can expect down there, and any tips on how to get the job?

teen wanabee crew
28th Jun 2007, 10:48
I saw a dispatchers programme about them a few years ago, and judging by that it looked pretty easy to pass all of the tests if you got onto training, as the examiner let them sit the exam with all of their notes in front of them! :hmm:. Things have probably changed since then though..

Good luck all the same!

Teen Wanabee Crew :)

amaraJ
29th Jun 2007, 12:58
how do you know they are the worst company to work for? because people tell you it is? or did you work for them

amaraJ
29th Jun 2007, 13:17
pay is the same

eidah
29th Jun 2007, 19:43
Ive been invited to an open day / Interview at Stansted next week after St James's accepted my application and CV.
Anyone know what i can expect down there, and any tips on how to get the job?

You can expect a presentation which will last for about one hour it will talk about the job/training/Ryanair you then go outside the presentation room wait for your name to be called in for an interview usually with a cabin crew member and someone from an agency. Interview will last for about 10minutes just be yourself they may test your English level then they use to but it may have changed but you could wait till the end and you will be told weather you have been succesful or not.

Best of luck and be yourself

dumdumbrain
30th Jun 2007, 11:44
Well I love working for Ryanair the low fares airline.... Think you either love or hate the job, you should chose you attitude before you start each day.

Oh and I guess it depends what base your at, personally I dont like the STN crewroom, far too big and too many people but the base sup is really nice, I like EMA where im based, but I guess thats just personal.

One of my friends at STN told be that Ryanair was thinking of doing 3 shifts, so it can start doing 24hr operations. Anyone know when this is going to start?

ryanmc14
17th Jul 2007, 17:35
please can you tell me if you have been selected for ryan air and if so did you get through the training course and do you know if a firm called CAVOK are involved, my daughter has been selected and asked to go to spain for the training, is it a con? would be very grateful if you could enlighten me ......
thank you.....

dumdumbrain
17th Jul 2007, 19:52
I did my training a few months ago at Stansted with St James. But my training who was great had teached a class in Madrid and said how badly it was run. My advice would be for you to send your CV to St James or one of the other English courses. Might I add St James does the 4 weeks course aswell most others are 5 weeks, so it would be cheaper aswell. If you want any advise, feel free to private message me.

Lee

stevie7984
20th Jul 2007, 19:19
hi lee my name is steve I've recently been excepted for a st james cabin crew course but have no idea what the inital exam is or about. could you please help me if possible or ask some one you may know

cheers steve

stevie7984
20th Jul 2007, 19:21
my name is steve. I wondered what you thought of the people who work as stansted as I have been excepted on a st james cabin crew but havn't been able to get on their intranet or been given any idea what the intial exam about could you give the new man a hand?

eagle21
30th Jul 2007, 21:24
I need to get in contact with cabin crew at Ryanair . Regarding staff travel.

Thanks

irishcabincrew
6th Aug 2007, 07:12
i know when you wana become cabin crew you want to fly and all the glam glam , well this company is no glam glam job ,
i worked in dublin base but did a few days and overnights in other bases , such a CRL bad base , MRS another bad base , ( ryanair flys in old army airports apart from the odd few,madrid etc etc ) and your miles way from everything , so of you dont get based in the majors ones your life is just so boring

i worked for them for 10 months nd they are the worst.

Avg working week 70 hours

avg flights per week 23-30

Avg pay per month 1450+ commission

you work 6 days on early and then you have two days off and then 6 days lates and 3 dys off , (dublin + cork base only ) all other bases its five two five three .

let me just give you a typical day in the life of a ryanair cabin crew member

EARLYS shifts

so you wake up at 3.30 am and have to report for your briefing at about five (times vary) ( you will be asked safety question and meet your crew which you need to know or you will be offloaded)
you could be doing Dublin Manchester , Manchester Dublin, Dublin newcastle, newcastle dublin, dublin prestwick, prestwick dublin ,(aka on your roster as 6 sectors ) ( dub- man-dub-ncl-dub-pik-dub)

you are doing 6 drinks services, 6 boarding , 6 disinbarkments , 6 demos, a million gashs ( rubbish collection ) scratch cards bus tickets and what ever other money pinching ideas. 6 take off's 6 landings , a million pa' once you know the Pa most of the no 1's let you do them and if your irish you will always do them coz some of the polish dont like doing them so you will have no choice.

you must count everything on board the ac when you get on at the start of your shift and everything when you finish, so were talking about 5 bar boxes full of sandwiches and other crap , and 5 trolly's ,

there are four crew on board the ac , two front and two rear , if you get **** crew your day is ruined or even a bad number 1. on your last flight which could be a prestwick (pik) the flight is something like 20 while in the cruise ,so you need to get your drinks done scratch cards done , gash done, all the other stuff. then you have to count the bars and then count the money from you made that day. euros and pound.

so you could land at 4.30 that after noon and you would have to go back to the crew room sign in the bars , go to the base supervoiser and show him your inflight report and blah blah blah

so your not getting hom till like 6 pm , by the time you get home all you want to do is sleep ,and you have to be back up to do it all again the very next day .

you get your roster online and all your memo www.crewdock.com is for ryanair cabin crew , we get all our updates for policys and training materials . so you get your roster for the month but online 1 week is set and cant be changed unless they leave an note in your pigeon hole.

i did alot of extra days for them and they are meant to give them back to you , and they dont.

no ones cares about anyone , manement dont like you and walk all over you if you let them,, they are WAN#$%ers,no joke ,

I'm a very nice person but this company just took everything from me , then ran me so far into the ground it was unreal.

you have to pay for everything , they don't pay for one thing, its just money money money , after paying for everything during your training and not been payed , you still have to work one month (back month) and when you do get payed the next month its like ( 700euro) which will go on your bills and leave you with 10 to feed yourself for the month , you will to make you way to and from work , rain snow , 1 am at night, you have no choice to take a cab coz no bus.

i just want to say to anyone who is thinking about going to work for these ppl , is to please make sure you know what your getting yourself in for , i know the buzz of the job will make you go for it , but for your own sake just hold out for a little while longer and apply elsewhere and get a job with a company that will look after you .

i love flying and i love doing the job , but omg they drove me mad ,

remember , **** pay , long hours, paying for everything , including your lunch when your on the ac all day with a shop , bad management , don't care about you, and they take anyone on , my interviewer just said to me when i walked in the door , are you irish ? i said yes , she said do you want this job so bad and i said yes , she said YOU HAVE IT
there was 50 at my interview and 50 ppl got it , now thats saying something , the trainer had to drop 40 people coz they could not speak English good .

JUST SAY AWAY FROM RYANAIR AND WAIT FOR A REAL JOB WITH A PROPER AIRLINE

Airbourne-Adamski
6th Aug 2007, 15:39
irishcabincrew

Love your last post, so its all true then :}

Come to easyjet a low fare airline that CARES and LOOKS AFTER their staff, pays well and has management that listen to crew and care about them, and you have busy but fair rosters.

vodkaholic
9th Aug 2007, 19:18
irishcabincrew - a hell of a lot of what you say is true with any airline!! getting up at early hours in the morning and getting home late, then getting up early the next day again. our lives do mostly consist of work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep. welcome to the world of flying! obviously some things you mention are obviously ryanair related, but don't be so sure that everything is hunky dory in every other airline. i do hope you find another airline which is more suited to you...but mainly its just the same old moans in a different uniform!

irishcabincrew
9th Aug 2007, 20:34
well i work for etihad at the moment and life is great , am hoping to go to emirates soon tho , even better . i'm attending emirates open day in dubline as i am home on AL , ryanair suck big time , you work for domestic arline nothing like long haul

Abusing_the_sky
18th Aug 2007, 14:17
Whilst Ryanair is buying another 3% of Aer Lingus's shares,and it's expanding like no other airline at the moment, we receive memos such as "please be advised that from now on you will have to have your own tea towel in your plonky kit to clean the a/c ovens".
Now i love my job and i wear my wings with pride but i cannot help but laugh when i read the memos, thinking that in one of them we will be requiered to bring our own gash bags or kettles...
i guess it's a smart financial move as providing tea towels to all Ryanair crew will burn a hole in Ryanair's big big big pockets...:D:D:D

vodkaholic
18th Aug 2007, 16:28
why do you clean the ovens anyway? lol we never clean them and to be honest I don't even see the cleaners cleaning them really! might explain why they are so dirty he he! but this is ridiculous!

Pandora's Box
18th Aug 2007, 16:57
Do you have to bring your own oven cleaner to :}

MuttleyJ
18th Aug 2007, 21:53
You have to clean the ovens?? 6sector days? If you like flying but not this airline, why don't you apply to BA, bmi or virgin?

Abusing_the_sky
19th Aug 2007, 10:20
tell you what else is crazy... a while ago, think it was the end of April, when it was freezing cold and on early shifts the big grin on your face wasn't actually a smile, it was just your face frozen like that, we received a memo saying that we are NOT allowed to wear scarfes, they are only allowed between 1st October and 31st March (i swear to God they actually gave us the dates!). If we broke the rule, we would be given a grooming discrepancy...
ema base is one of the best ones, people are nice, routes are ok and the pax well... they are low fares cost pax... i am planning to go with another airline at some point, after i become a PU. But it just makes me think what's it like to work in management, go to your office in the morning and ask yourself "hmmm....how will i mess about with the cabin crew today?... Oh, i know, i'll send a memo asking them to buy their own tea towels, and rub the ovens like a professional cleaner!" seriously..... life as an Ryanair flight attendant is not bad for me, i think with this job you either hate it or love it... But it's just that some people with big job titles (everyone is either head of something or manager or whatever else ) makes you ask yourself : "why on earth am i allowing these people to take me to the lowest point and use me like i am a robot, when i am only human???"
But, as i said, it's funny in so many ways.. I'll come back with more news as soon as i get them.. at least i'll put a smile on your faces.:)

Virginia
19th Aug 2007, 20:54
Do they make you scrub the loo as well and bring your own rubber gloves and brush?

crib08
21st Aug 2007, 11:46
sounds like you guys need to all LEAVE !!! Virgin I swear do All year round recruiting and the majority of their crew come form us MONARCH. IF YOU WANT TO BE CREW GO TO A REAL AIRLINE. I mean no offence but if you want to experience crew life, LEAVE RYAN AIR. :ok:

fx-85ms
22nd Aug 2007, 22:31
How many cabin crew does Ryanair currently have? Do they recruit all year around?
cheers

mononoke
11th Sep 2007, 13:26
Hi! When they interviewed me last week they asked me to choose 3 bases, and the first one I applied for was London Stansted. Can anyone tell me about this base? Thanks!!!

32000feet
11th Sep 2007, 13:58
2 go 2 stn is very good choice,u have conections 2 so many airports,but thats the only good part.
the rest is hard work,u dont know ppl,every day different crew,u dont know anybody,base manager not bad,as far as i know.short flights busall day,i would never go there.and the best part is that i am leaving this anti human company very soon,best of luck 2 u.

mononoke
11th Sep 2007, 15:25
Thank you very much for your reply. I´ve got a question? What´s the meaning of "ppl"'? Thank you!

Abusing_the_sky
11th Sep 2007, 15:53
short for "people". read between the lines....:ok:

mononoke
11th Sep 2007, 16:15
I´m still not used to speak with shorten words...As soos as I go to Stansted i will get used to them..:)

mononoke
12th Sep 2007, 11:31
more opinions...?? Thanks!!:)

Abusing_the_sky
12th Sep 2007, 15:32
I never worked from STN but i have friends who were desperate to get out of there. The sky is not so blue there... You have to allow roughly 30mins before the report time just to get from the terminal building to the crew room. You will make some friends but no one knows anyone, you'll fly with complete strangers every day and by the time you get to fly with them again, you'll forget you ever met them. My friends found STN very unfriendly and they work you out to death, and you'll start hating the job just because no one gives a f:mad:k bout anyone, every man for itself..

But then again, that's what i've been told. Maybe things will be different for you.

Best of luck

mononoke
13th Sep 2007, 13:36
Thank you for your reply!! Hope they don´t send me finally to London Stansted´s base...he, he...!!

Another question... How much can it cost a room near London Stansted? Is it difficult to get there at certain hours of the day?

not-another1
19th Sep 2007, 20:36
Hi guys and girls,

I will be attending an open day with Crewlink for ryanair.
any tips?? please???

32000feet
20th Sep 2007, 19:35
ppl in short version is people my friend,i am leaving this company in 6 weeks just cant wait 2 b free again,not 2 b brainvashed,good luck

32000feet
20th Sep 2007, 19:38
yes pls dont go,

Abusing_the_sky
20th Sep 2007, 20:37
I would say... DON'T GO! But then again is such an easy opportunity to get in the aviation industry.

Just be yourself... As long as you can speak English, you're hired!! You'll be interviewed by a St. Management representative and a probably Ryanair No. 1... The interview lasts for about 5mins... You'll be ok, don't worry.

Let us know how it went.
:ok:

Virginia
21st Sep 2007, 15:29
How on earth can they decide if a person is suitable to be cabin crew in 5 minutes? :confused:

Is it true Ryanair crew get no crew food or even water and no nightstops at all?

If you are so desparate to get to be crew, why not try easyJet? It's a decent airline who although work you hard to pay you well and you even get, gasp, crew drinks and food and a few nightstops.

I just do not understand people who are so eager to be crew they will apply for dreadful airlines like Ryanair.

SOTV
21st Sep 2007, 16:11
I just do not understand people who are so eager to be crew they will apply for dreadful airlines like Ryanair.

Impatience is one reason. Both my kids (20/18) want to be cabin crew and I could support them financially through Ryanair training requirements and initial employment periods. Instead I have asked them to get another couple of years customer service experience and progress to at least supervisiory level. After that they can apply to other airlines. This is not to denigrate Ryanair, I have flown with them many times and the cabin crew on the whole have been excellent under what must be quite a good deal of pressure. However after reading this forum and others I would prefer to see them with a legacy carrier or an airline that does not rely on cabin crew to 'self finance' any major part of their initial costs.

Credit where credit is due though. Ryanair is a major success story and no small part of that is due to the cabin crew.

Virginia
21st Sep 2007, 16:29
The cabin crew work hard but I feel sorry for them!

There are many other airlines out there who treat their crew a lot better.

Good luck to your children :ok:

joycie
25th Sep 2007, 17:42
Hello cabincrew's from RYANAIR

I've been acepted for the course in October, I would like to ask how much do you get payed? is it 1000 pounds I just don't understand they talked about a bonus from 200 till 300 pounds more after how much time do you get the bonus?
And how is the starting exam is it dificult????????? how many questions do you get?
If anyone can help me pls

Thanks

32000feet
26th Sep 2007, 09:54
well the training should be ok,dont remeber how many questions u will have.about the pay in stn or ltn 1000punds is not that much u will get more,depends where u will b based,but u will work very hard 4 that.hope u will have good instructor in stn,good luck.

joycie
26th Sep 2007, 11:32
Are you working as cabin crew in Belgium? because your location is Belgium? 32000 feet?
Does anyone know if the exam is dificult?
And when doe you get the extra pay of 200-300 pound? is that in the first month or second month already??

rofly
22nd Oct 2007, 23:25
Hi everyone

I'm new here...I have been accepted to ryanair training course with St James starting next january, and I would like know some info, anyone knows what can I expect there? :confused:

thanks in advance

Roby

irishcabincrew
22nd Oct 2007, 23:48
i know when you wana become cabin crew you want to fly and all the glam glam , well this company is no glam glam job ,
i worked in dublin base but did a few days and overnights in other bases , such a CRL bad base , MRS another bad base , ( ryanair flys in old army airports apart from the odd few,madrid etc etc ) and your miles way from everything , so of you dont get based in the majors ones your life is just so boring

i worked for them for 10 months nd they are the worst.

Avg working week 70 hours

avg flights per week 23-30

Avg pay per month 1450+ commission

you work 6 days on early and then you have two days off and then 6 days lates and 3 dys off , (dublin + cork base only ) all other bases its five two five three .

let me just give you a typical day in the life of a ryanair cabin crew member

EARLYS shifts

so you wake up at 3.30 am and have to report for your briefing at about five (times vary) ( you will be asked safety question and meet your crew which you need to know or you will be offloaded)
you could be doing Dublin Manchester , Manchester Dublin, Dublin newcastle, newcastle dublin, dublin prestwick, prestwick dublin ,(aka on your roster as 6 sectors ) ( dub- man-dub-ncl-dub-pik-dub)

you are doing 6 drinks services, 6 boarding , 6 disinbarkments , 6 demos, a million gashs ( rubbish collection ) scratch cards bus tickets and what ever other money pinching ideas. 6 take off's 6 landings , a million pa' once you know the Pa most of the no 1's let you do them and if your irish you will always do them coz some of the polish dont like doing them so you will have no choice.

you must count everything on board the ac when you get on at the start of your shift and everything when you finish, so were talking about 5 bar boxes full of sandwiches and other crap , and 5 trolly's ,

there are four crew on board the ac , two front and two rear , if you get **** crew your day is ruined or even a bad number 1. on your last flight which could be a prestwick (pik) the flight is something like 20 while in the cruise ,so you need to get your drinks done scratch cards done , gash done, all the other stuff. then you have to count the bars and then count the money from you made that day. euros and pound.

so you could land at 4.30 that after noon and you would have to go back to the crew room sign in the bars , go to the base supervoiser and show him your inflight report and blah blah blah

so your not getting hom till like 6 pm , by the time you get home all you want to do is sleep ,and you have to be back up to do it all again the very next day .

you get your roster online and all your memo www.crewdock.com (http://www.crewdock.com/) is for ryanair cabin crew , we get all our updates for policys and training materials . so you get your roster for the month but online 1 week is set and cant be changed unless they leave an note in your pigeon hole.

i did alot of extra days for them and they are meant to give them back to you , and they dont.

no ones cares about anyone , manement dont like you and walk all over you if you let them,, they are WAN#$%ers,no joke ,

I'm a very nice person but this company just took everything from me , then ran me so far into the ground it was unreal.

you have to pay for everything , they don't pay for one thing, its just money money money , after paying for everything during your training and not been payed , you still have to work one month (back month) and when you do get payed the next month its like ( 700euro) which will go on your bills and leave you with 10 to feed yourself for the month , you will to make you way to and from work , rain snow , 1 am at night, you have no choice to take a cab coz no bus.

i just want to say to anyone who is thinking about going to work for these ppl , is to please make sure you know what your getting yourself in for , i know the buzz of the job will make you go for it , but for your own sake just hold out for a little while longer and apply elsewhere and get a job with a company that will look after you .

i love flying and i love doing the job , but omg they drove me mad ,

remember , **** pay , long hours, paying for everything , including your lunch when your on the ac all day with a shop , bad management , don't care about you, and they take anyone on , my interviewer just said to me when i walked in the door , are you irish ? i said yes , she said do you want this job so bad and i said yes , she said YOU HAVE IT
there was 50 at my interview and 50 ppl got it , now thats saying something , the trainer had to drop 40 people coz they could not speak English good .

JUST SAY AWAY FROM RYANAIR AND WAIT FOR A REAL JOB WITH A PROPER AIRLINE

libertyxxx75
5th Dec 2007, 10:32
Hi, I just passed the first selection with Ryanair (cabin crew) :O
During the interview did not ask if I had tattoos and consequently I have not spoken. :oh:
Atually I've got a big one on my arm. :suspect:
What do you think? Some of you have already had my same problem? I can possibly wear a long sleeve shirt also x summer? Thank you very much, I really appreciate.
Bye bye, have a nice day!! :ok:
libertyxxx75

CCMkris
29th Dec 2007, 15:32
Hi boys and girls,

My name is Kris and i live in Belgium (Brussels Capital). I am 35 and applyed to become Steward at Ryanair trough Dalmac and StJames and got from both a email that i am invited for the Assessment day. One is on the 3rd of january in Stansted and the other one in Girona on the 16th of january. they asked me to confirm asap by mail wich i did, but...........i won't be aible to attend those days due that i couldn' get any day off at my employer on that short notice and that i would like to appoint some other day to attend the assesment days?. I work as cabin crew (Purser) for the high speed train Thalys Intl across europe and we have completely the same systems as in the airline industry.
Untill now they didn't replyed back yet in order to let me known if there are some other dates on wich i can attend.
I would like to be based in CRL, how much chance do i have to be based there? is there anyone here working for RA and based in CRL?
It doesn't bother me that i will have to pay for the training, cause i will use RA as a start and have my flightlicense. Once i have my license, after a year or so, i will start using that license and start apply for other belgian company's. I know for excample that Brussels airlines prefer people with a minimum experience. Ik know a Girl whom flew with RA before (CRLbased) and apllyed for Brussels Airlines and got accepted.:)

Please do advise me.

Mny thanks,

Kris

TheSwede
9th Jan 2008, 02:02
Virginia: "If you are so desparate to get to be crew, why not try easyJet? It's a decent airline who although work you hard to pay you well and you even get, gasp, crew drinks and food and a few nightstops."

easyJet only takes about 1 in 16 applicants. Ryanair will take 14 out of the 15 remaining... :ok:

32000feet
10th Jan 2008, 10:53
I Absolutely Agree Go To Easy Yet,dont Even Think Twice Ryanair Is Flying Horror,sure Just The New Planes Are Nice,but The Rest The Managment Attitude Is Horrible,horrible,horrible.belive Me I Know What I Am Talking About.

lulafly
16th Jan 2008, 13:06
HI!!! I think people exagerate when they talk about ryanair....every experience is different and depends in which base you are....the companie is one of the biggest and yungest one and give people who are..lets say...small uggly and not so nice, the opportunity to work in a nice job. Of course is not because they are nice..they need everybody cause they are expanding to quick, and because of the rumors people don´t want to work here...but is a good start, and as well you can do carreer here...there are always opprtunities!!! of course it has it bad side, as all the companies, but very good things, like beeing at home everyday, exellent cockpit!!! nice work colleagues, new aircraft, and that you can be sicere to your passangers!!!! ´I mean if you don´t like somebody nobody would care so much about you making a bad face to that Pax...cause they will think "it is ryanair!"
about the bases : Hahn is really nice but only if u have a car...if not forget it! Gerona is perfect but is really difficult because everybody want to go there. Stansted the worse one..never accept stansted!Dublin, the same!!!bremen:amazing!!!! Marselle not so much work. Skavska/stokolm) the end of the world!!! not so good without car.Madrid..NICE!!! Lutton (not nice area) LIverpool, disgusting passanger! Bergamo impossible without car, the same with Ciampino (rome) NIderhein ( dusseldorf) diffcult without car...nice base. Bournemouth,....starts in april...Birmingham starts in june...Bristol...nice... I cannot remember any more!!!
well i hope it helps, and remember that how your day is going and how bad is the companie depends on you as well!!! smile and be happy they are giving you a good salary, staff travel and the opportunity to know wonderful people....

lulafly
16th Jan 2008, 13:09
i was laughing so bad about ypu mail! you are right...they are giving us at least mterial to laugh about THE MEMOS:::::they are so nice.jajajajja:\

finals40
21st Jan 2008, 10:40
Hi guys could you tell me for those who work for FR which base outside the UK is the most friendlist and nicest to work?

libertyxxx75
23rd Jan 2008, 00:10
Ryanair.... oh my God.... last week they kich me out........ I passed the test.... and I started the course.....

They kich me out for my tattoo...:ok:..... was not on the requirment..... I payed olso the flight to go back at home... the appartament for the course, 800 euro..... I lost my job.... And was NOT ON THE REQUIRMENT.:D... It's not a good Company.... :yuk:

libertyxxx75
23rd Jan 2008, 11:19
Sorry, but WHERE IS IT?

Ryanair:
Requirements
You need to be:
Experienced in dealing with the public & comfortable in a selling role
Physically fit with a good attendance record in your current position
Hard working, flexible & willing to operate on a shift roster
Over 18 years of age
Over 5'2 (1.57m) in height with weight in proportion
Of normal vision (contact lenses acceptable)
Able to swim well
You must be in possession of a valid European Union passport and have the right to work in both the UK and Ireland
Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
Prepared to live within one hour's travelling time of any Ryanair base
Ready to meet the challenge of dealing with people and demanding situations
Friendly and outgoing with a lively personality--------------------------------------------------------------

fly76
26th Jan 2008, 16:46
I used to work for Ryanair for 5 years and it was the worst time in my life......the good things that i can remember are just related to the nice collegues that i have met there!
Sometimes (as I am new at this forum) i wonder if there is someone from ryanair that pretends to be a cabin crew as i saw that some people are actually writing positive things about ryanair.......
.........it's crazy!I have even been told that sales come before safety!
Can you believe this?
There are plenty of airlines out there and almost all far better than FR.
They are taking advantage of their cabin crew and working for them will just compromise your helth.
I never thought that i was going to post something about them as they really made me upset but as i read that some of you want to join i thought i had to tell you about my experience.
I am still working in aviation and i love my job.....as i said....go looking for a real airline.....plenty out there.....it's what i am telling my old collegues that are still working there......they deserve better!
And so do you!

The Bartender
28th Jan 2008, 16:38
Endless opportunities await you in a career that really takes you places! Lunch in Paris, shopping in Milan, clubbing in Berlin and beautiful Ibiza sunsets! It’s all waiting for you right now when you fly Ryanair – as a Cabin Crew Member! (http://www.websplash.ie/runway/dalmac/dalmac-landing-page1.html)

:}

main_dog
28th Jan 2008, 16:41
That's hilarious... do you think anyone would fall for it... :{

VS-LHRCSA
28th Jan 2008, 17:09
Where do I sign? :ugh:

Surely that is false advertising.

Funny, they try to convince flight crew to join by promising them they will be home every night. Bit of contradiction isn't it?

Shauna
28th Jan 2008, 17:20
def not like that!

Infact prob one of the worst companies ive ever worked for

b747 flightboy
28th Jan 2008, 18:00
I'd rather chew my own nipple off without anasthetic.:mad:

Virginia
28th Jan 2008, 19:42
"Chances are, we don’t need to convince you of all the excitement and adventures that await you as you embark on your cabin crew career!"

HA HA HA.

Hmmm lets see:
The least glamorous airline EVER
Horrible 80's style uniforms.
Very poor pay and conditions
That awful little Michael O'Leary man
All the press surrounding how dire Ryanair is
No crew food or even water
NO nightstops-seeing some stairs and a grotty airport departure gate is hardly travelling the world is it?
Very long and tiring days
Paying for your training

etc etc

I haven't worked at Ryanair (and nor did I ever even think of applying) but have heard plenty.

:yuk::ugh::suspect::zzz:
"A great management environment: Ryanair is 100% committed to providing you with a great team environment! Every member of management is passionate about helping each individual team member develop both personally and professionally, and that means you’ll love every moment of your career!"

In actual fact:
"Meanwhile, Ryanair crew pay for their own training, uniforms and meals and staff at the company's office have to use their own pens and are not even allowed to use the company's electricity to charge their mobile phones." Sounds like a great place to work!

F.C.C.
28th Jan 2008, 20:13
Simply unbelievable :bored:!!!

Sensible
28th Jan 2008, 23:30
Don't know if its true but cabin crew on a Ryanair flight was telling me that they only get paid for the hours that they worked and that meant that they sometimes didn't make £500 a month! Can't be true can it?

And I heard that the cc do not even get travel "perks" of free or low cost travel (except when on duty of course;))

Lite
30th Jan 2008, 00:45
Obviously all feedback is appreciated, both positive and negative, about Ryanair, but for those of us who are interested in applying despite all of the negativity can I please ask who the best agencies are to apply for, how the new 900 hours contract works in terms of monthly rosters, whether you get paid for standbys and when the BHX base will be recruiting or whether EMA is still accepting applications.

Little Blue
30th Jan 2008, 04:51
Lite.....
Baby are taking on at EMA/BHX....

Lite
30th Jan 2008, 08:24
Thanks for that. When I did my blitz of applications in January, I did apply to them, but haven't heard back yet.

Coquelet
31st Jan 2008, 12:16
The working conditions at Ryanair are perhaps terrible, but the fact is that the cabin crews seem to enjoy their job.
As a passenger, I must have met some two or three hundred of them, and I have still to meet one who is unpleasant; they are always not only polite, that goes without saying, but also often smiling and cheerful - which is more than you can say of, for instance, Alitalia crews ...

Camden
2nd Feb 2008, 19:50
Hi there.. i work in Ryanair from 3 years and i'm still enjoying a lot this job! I'm based in Stansted and i'm NO.1! Usually they ask you to choose the base you would like to be sent to but at the end they send people where they need it! Recently i heard lot of people were sent to the base they want but believe me, they always need juniors in Stansted and Dublin!!! Plus in ryanair the lovely bases in Spain are considered something that you have to deserve before being sent.. so it's most common that they will give you a base like stansted and then you can apply for the transfer but it's really hard to have it! From april the hours of flying will be less than before and that means that the salary will be less as well! It is still a very good salary but only if you have the ryanair contract: you will start with companies like crewlink or workforce and if you have a good behaviour during the first 6-7 months they will give you the RYANAIR CONTRACT that means very good money! So try not to call sick, or to be late or to have no shows and they will give to you! It's a very nice job, where you'll have lot of fun and you'll make lot of good friends! Maybe at the start is hard (economically speaking) but then you'll enjoy it! If you want to have really fun (outside and inside ryanair) join Stansted (but we work hard.. no lazy people)! The best base for me is Girona but my Stansted is great!!!

SallyEZY
3rd Feb 2008, 07:12
Sorry Camden...are you working for FR's recruitment office? Sounds like....:confused:

HighLow
3rd Feb 2008, 07:54
Yes, recruitment officer without doubt....
the reality is.....

too many cabin crew , not enough flights for everyone
meaning many have had forced unpaid leave, and days after days of HOME STANDBYs, people trying to live on 550euros NET after TAX per month

That is the real situation!!!!

HighLow

Eagle402
3rd Feb 2008, 08:34
I had the misfortune to fly (as pax) Ryanair on the inaugural John Lennon/Poznan schedules as was working near Poznan for a few months and they were the only carrier flying that route.

Truly horrendous experience - cabin crew with comedy accents who snarl at anybody trying to sit in the first 4 aft/forward rows, especially if they don't speak English, the constant p.a trying to sell you anything from bus/train/lottery tickets and worst of all, that skin crawling fanfare whenever they are 'early' when we all know they've allowed at least 30 minutes extra. Even then, their claimed stat's aren't impressive at all.

And don't even get me started on their 'customer service' - "you'll have to write".

They should introduce a motto that reads "Service with a grimace".

Ievaverite
4th Feb 2008, 19:25
Oh come on guys.. I have worked for Ryanair for 2 years not and I love my job. I earn alright money and looking forward to advancing my career in a very near future. Ryanair is not that bad. Maybe currently its under a bit of pressure because of the 900 hours kicking in in April (now there is a lot of crew but in April everything goes back to normal) but it doesn’t mean that working for Ryanair is that bad. RYANAIR is actually a great way to start a career. You have so many options once you join the cabin crew team. Yeah you do start out as a junior but everyone has to start out somewhere and trust me Ryanair is the best place to start out and get experience in flying, in the office, teaching, managing etc. MANY OPPORTUNITIES!
Every company has flaws in this case it is that you have to pay for just about everything once you start out but that changes once you are in the company for a while (based on your performance). With in time you get your money back from your course and for you uniform and all the id expenses. The pay is currently not that good for juniors but it will all straighten out once April comes and once you get a FR contract as well as when you get promoted.
Once you do work for FR you do get discounts just about everywhere, Crew shops, car rentals, hotels, flight tickets and the chance to fly to ANY FR destination. Even in some bases you get discounts in some local shops and gym and tanning salons. SSSOOOO my point is….. If you need a job and experience in aviation business or office go for it.. Ryanair is for you…! J
For those of you who think that FR is such a bad company I think that you guys should try out the company before you make any rash decisions or judgments. Its not a job for everyone but who says its not for you…… You wont find out until you try, DO NOT listen to what other people may think.. Its something you have to try out to know what its like and who knows maybe YOU’LL like it!

For any other questions pelease contact me at [email protected] or MSN [email protected] :)

OzzieO
4th Feb 2008, 20:22
I personally wouldn't work for Ryan Air, I would rather chew glass to be honest with you. However if you're young and want a taste of aviation then I would say go for it.

I started my flying with BMI some 22 years ago and I don't regret anything about it. It was hard work but the sense of teamwork amongst the cabin crew was fantastic. We worked hard and also played hard. The one thing that keeps a team focused and close is a crap employer!

22 years later and working for BA its made me appreciate what I now have. BA isn't perfect but compared to slogging my guts out going backwards and forwards on shuttle flights I know when I am better off.

Ryan Air isn't going to be everyones first choice but like I say if no one else will take you on and you need the experience then use them to get a foot in.

CabinCrew78
4th Feb 2008, 21:41
Truly horrendous experience - cabin crew with comedy accents ....

Dear Eagle402,

I've got nothing to do with FR at the moment but I found extremely rude and racist talking about ''comedy accents''......what's wrong with that? How could an accent have contributed to ur misfortune??????????

Just to remind u everyone has got an accent.... Irish, English (London, Manchester,Birmingham,Newcastle....), Welsh, French, Italian, Polish........... oh sorry maybe people from Liverpool havent got one???? Have they??????????

Think before writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wings83
5th Feb 2008, 14:19
how much are juniors able to make in their first 2-3 months at ryanair???

Ievaverite
5th Feb 2008, 20:44
well at least a 1000-1500 euros... because you need to fly off your first 100 hrs. after april that should be a standard!

stitch666
9th Feb 2008, 19:49
hi all

been with fr for just a few month and want to share some thoughts with the rest of u and get your feeback.

1st april we go over to 900 h pa which splits up at about 75 h p month.
being paid at a rate of 12.15 euros (probably different for other schools) gives a salary of 911 euros per month before any taxes and deductions. fair enough u will get some commission, but at the moment that has never been more than 300 euros and with less flying will probably mean aorund 200 euros at the best.

so i am looking towards 1100 euros per month max (aparently the nr of sby's will increase as well from april) before taxes. with a loan of around 150 monthly and being one of the unlucky ppl to pay irish tax from main land europe i am looking towards 800 euros or so.

the best things is going for a fr contract which aparently gives u a basic salary of 750 euros plus flying money.

how do u guys out there working for fr get it to work? anyone else has given this some thought?

like i said at the top, just want to ball some ideas of the rest of u.
really enjoy the job but also want to make a living.

cheers

Lola3
23rd Jun 2008, 22:14
Hi,

I have been thinking about working for Ryanair.
I live in Spain and I have been accepted on the training course which starts in September. I know the training costs, as does the accommodation, but I have read a lot of unpleasant and negative things about the work after the training has been completed.

Any information would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

adelejbradley
25th Jun 2008, 09:05
Hi Lola to be honest i have been asked to attend several ryan air recruitment days and havent bothered each time, as i have heard a lot of negative comments about the airline.

Lola3
25th Jun 2008, 23:01
Hi Adele - thanks for your reply. I have my doubts about joining Ryanair but I also look at it as a 'stepping stone' to a career as cabin crew. It will provide me with experience and if after a year or so, and if I have enjoyed it, then maybe I will apply to a bigger and better airline.
I have started completing all the paperwork so I guess I have to wait and see what happens!

Have you applied to other airlines?

adelejbradley
26th Jun 2008, 13:53
I have only been to one interview with jet2 and didnt have a clue what to expect, i wasnt organized, i didnt get through, no wonder.

But it made me think god, i actaully dont really have a chance there was 60 people there some of them had cabin crew experience. I know what the job entails of and i know its hard work but more than half of the people at the interview probably just thought it would be great to be an air hostess, as most people think cabin crew is a glamorous job.

It is a very hard industry to get into, to be honest i havent attended any other interviews apart from that one. I am currently doing a cabin crew home course, and i first aid course and will be applying to a lot of airlines soon as completed both courses.

But the thing about ryan air is i have heard that its a bit of a scam, someone had told me, which i dont know if i believe but its put me off completely.

They told me that it is a really easy airline to get into, they have a very high turnover of staff, you have to pay for your own training bla bla bla and all the rest. But they told me a friend of theirs had a job with them, they were told they had a 3 year contract, which was cut after 6 months as they LIKE NEW FACES, so in the end they ended up owing ryan air a bit of money, and they told me it was a money making scam, i dont know how true that it is.

Lola3
27th Jun 2008, 17:29
I know what you mean about people thinking that working as cabin crew is a glamorous job, but the reality is that it's not - unless maybe you work for BA or Virgin etc, then possibly more so.

Good luck with your cabin crew and first aid course.

I am taking a big risk by going ahead and taking part in the course and potentially working for Ryanair. But sometimes taking risks can have good outcomes and results. And I'll learn from it whatever happens!

I have still got loads of questions that need answering but I guess I will have to contact the recruitment agency.

CP Fox
27th Jun 2008, 20:04
Hey Lora.

Just to let you know i am currently working for Ryanair at the moment and have done for the past 3 years.

Yes it is a low cost airline and you don't get the stop overs. but Ryanair is a good expanding airline to work for. You get quick promotions to CSS or a trainer that you would have to wait 10 years for in BA.

The Money is good as well once you get a Ryanair contract and as long as you try not to be off sick for the first 6 month or turn up late etc then u will get a contract i am sure.

We get a pay rise every year for the next 2 years. Next year we will have a larger basic pay than people working for BA.

CP Fox
27th Jun 2008, 20:08
Just to inform you. That Ryanair does offer a 3 year contract thats gets extended after u go on a Ryanair contract. People that have there contracts terminated are the ones that get sacked because they never come to work.

So the comment that was made is not true

Lola3
27th Jun 2008, 21:12
Hey CP Fox,

I'm not quite sure who this comment is for, as you put 'hey lora' but anyway I would like to say that I found your comment interesting.
Like I said in my previous post, I am starting the training course with Cavok (Ryanair) in september and any info would be much appreciated as I have heard a lot of unpleasant and negative things.

If you don't mind answering some questions, please let me know - as I have got quite a few and would like to be informed as best as I can before the course.

Thanks.

tonker
1st Jul 2008, 21:57
How are Jet2 in trouble. They own their own aircraft, have hedged their fuel until winter 09 at $80 a barrel (Ryanair $150 a barrel)and have made a profit from year one?

Lola3
2nd Jul 2008, 16:56
Hey Dude or Dudette???!!!

I'm fine thanks - getting through all the paperwork and training pack - phew!!!

Do you know how I sort out accomodation after my base is assigned?
And also accomodation while I'm doing the training?

How long have you been working for Ryanair?
Is the holiday entitlement after 6 months of employment?

Thanks for the info, any help, support or advice will be much appreciated.

DELTABOY
10th Jul 2008, 16:13
Hi Folks, I'm looking to apply as Cabin Crew with Ryanair at STN. Are there any FR Cabin Crew here who could let me know what the roster patterns are like & how many sectors a day are usually rostered?
Also, what is a realistic net take home salary per month. Any info would be much appreciated.;)

Abusing_the_sky
10th Jul 2008, 21:41
You might be doing your training in STN but at the end of the course you might not get the first choice base i.e. you want STN but you get Dub or EMA. But then again you could always transfer.
The roster is 5 earlies on, 2 off, 5 lates on, 3 off. The money are not that good when on Crewlink/Workforce contract however once you got your Ryanair contract you'll be fine. As a No1 i take £1500 plus monthly (after tax). It's hard work and you must be prepared to do that. Unsociable working hours, rare w-ends off, being called of stand by at any time during the day and so on.
Hope this helps.

Rgds,
ATS

Also, the usual roster is for 4 sectors a day, say your base, somewhere in Spain, back to your base, somewhere in Italy, back to your base. But then again you might have 6 sectors on very short flight i.e. Base (uk)-Inverness-Base-Belfast-Base-Dublin-Base. Very hard work but wish you well if you do decide going on the training

DELTABOY
10th Jul 2008, 22:52
Thanks very much ATS for all the info. Out of interest do Ryanair have an age limit as i will be 41 when i apply. I only ask as i have travelled FR on a few occasions & only ever noticed very young cabin crew.

Abusing_the_sky
11th Jul 2008, 15:24
I am not very sure about the age limit Delta but i assume at your age you'll be fine. I have Ju's turning 37yo and they got through so 41 would be ok i guess. Check out the website or ask Crewlink or Workforce or St. James just in case. I am sure you can find their contacts details on the website.

Rgds,
ATS

Let me know how you get on

DELTABOY
12th Jul 2008, 10:15
Thanks again ATS :ok:

JulietNovemberPapa
12th Jul 2008, 10:46
We all know cabin crew are safety professionals.

Could someone please tell me what FR teaches you regarding selling in-flight products and services? Do they train you to help increase sales?

Cheers.

skywatch77
13th Jul 2008, 08:35
So many other better airlines out there. Don't bother with this rubbish. Why not do something better for yourself. You deserve better and are worth more than what Ryanair could ever give you.

DELTABOY
13th Jul 2008, 12:04
Skywatch, please keep your bitter feelings to yourself about Ryanair. You don't know me & what is best for me. I have my own personal reasons why i wish to apply to Ryanair. Besides when you look around the airline industry today, there ain't a big difference anymore. Its all hard graft now wherever you go with 4 to 6 sector days & most shaft their employees too, its just a fact of life!

Virginia
13th Jul 2008, 12:53
Well good for you but even in the current climate you can do a lot better than Ryanair :suspect:

6 sector days, crap pay and no prospects. Why put yourself through that, could earn more working in a supermarket.

DELTABOY
13th Jul 2008, 13:45
Virginia, Again i really do not see a big difference between FR & say BMI, Flybe or EZY. To be honest i haven't found a single UK short haul airline apart from BA LHR (although thats now looking dodgy!), that offers more money than working in say Tesco full time. Its all multiple sectors & netting about £1200 per month wherever you go, which is the same as what FR offer. There really is no utopia airline out there, everyone bitches about their company & is fed up to some degree with stuff, thats life. I also like the solid 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off roster pattern which sounds ideal to me, i can plan my life more, plus i get to sleep in my own bed at night!:} No min rest night stops with a bunch of people you don't particularly want to be with after a long day:ugh: I am infact an ex flyer who has worked overseas & for several UK airlines operating both long haul & short haul & have been out of it for about 6 years now. I've kind of done the pretentious bit with so called 'glamorous' trips & partying to the early hours. I just want to go to work, do my job professionally (with a no nonsense company that doesn't take any crap from its customers) & get home, end of! I guess plenty of folk would think 'how the mighty have fallen' to now be looking to work for FR but i see past all the image crap & i'm really not that proud! cabin crew is cabin crew, it is what it is & not alot more! Not sure if i agree with the 'no prospects' you mention. FR promote suitable cabin crew very early on to SCCM plus with their constant expansion i would be surprised if you couldn't move on into other areas not that i particularly want to.

andycool
13th Jul 2008, 14:12
Sorry, but I have been a n1 for a couple of years in FR, and can assure you that apart from good friends I made at the time there's nothing else than loosing precious time when you could assure you a future for you and maybe your family one day. Ryan is only good for pilots thats all! try Easy jet far superior they also pay pension scheme according to different countries.

andycool
13th Jul 2008, 14:15
Beside... if someone say there are no differences between companyes I will tell you that a n1 in Ryan is payed about 2000 euros (when we used to fly 50000 hours a year) in Easyjet is payed about 3200-3500 euros! That could be a difference.................................................. .....plus pension scheme...................................................... .....................:mad:

DELTABOY
13th Jul 2008, 15:37
Sorry but i really do not believe EZY cabin crew of any rank get paid the equivallent of £2900 per month. BA Worldwide LHR don't even make that on an average month.:rolleyes:

andycool
13th Jul 2008, 16:04
I know... altough that is the senior salary average per month at least here in Milan, believe it! because its true, I am here, in BA I had a friend who left because the pay was sh.. at least for the first years. In easyjet you can became sccm after one year like in FR but the probation period is only 6 months and then you are on permanent contract! in FR takes one year (getting payed about 800 euros on crewlink/workforce) this are only tips everyone is free to ruin its time off course. Cant forget I had great time in FR though but is ok if you're under 24 years old after that you beginning to feel out of place unfortunately...:bored:

monkeybusiness2
13th Jul 2008, 22:28
Best of luck at Ryanair I am sure you will love it...........(poor kid learn the hardway.....)

Lola3
28th Jul 2008, 20:15
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has done the training course for Ryanair cabin crew in Girona?? I am starting in September and any information would be very helpful.

I heard that there is no entrance exam anymore.

Thanks.

Sawa
10th Aug 2008, 22:13
Hi, I have one question :)
How must be accurate information on paper form for issue ID Card. Are verify this information? And do u know any information what dont write? Or information which are bad = reject issue ID

Seat62K
13th Aug 2008, 19:39
Earlier today, on another thread, I saw a figure quoted for the take-home pay of Ryanair cabin crew. It struck me as low and, if true, would seem to confirm the reputation Ryanair has for low pay.
To enable me to gain a bit more insight, if you are Ryanair cabin crew would you mind adding to this thread how much you take home each month (if it varies, an average would do)? It would also be helpful if you stated what fraction of full-time you work (or hours per week/month) and where you are based.
Many thanks.

Lola3
22nd Aug 2008, 12:08
Hi,

I am starting the training for Ryanair as cabin crew in 2 weeks and I was wondering what the medical test involves.

What are they screening you for? Will taking Prozac disqualify you from becoming cabin crew at Ryanair??? Do they just test urine and what do they look for in the sample?

Any help would be appreciated.
x

Flightless Falcon
22nd Aug 2008, 13:17
im a private pilot but i suspsect they will be looking for things in our medicals the same thing as in urs...'''' DIABETES'''...

a no go for anyone...

Gud luck!!! Shodnt be too bad!!!

mrlb
14th Sep 2008, 17:40
As the title suggests, what are the chances of a brit getting recruited for Valencia. I'm looking to move there to improve my spanish (it's conversational) and thought that this might be a good way of doing that. It doesn't seem to be a requirement to speak spanish with ryanair even on the spanish routes.

What are the chances?

Many thanks,

irishbecky
14th Sep 2008, 20:31
Hi, I don't know too much about F.R but I believe that you don't get to choose your base you just get allocated to wherever they need crew. Also, according to another forum the Valencia base is laying off at the moment.

mrlb
14th Sep 2008, 21:27
Thanks for the info.

On the ryanair.com website it says they're hiring for valencia but I didn't know if there was a specific route to specify valencia as a base or not....i guess you just put it on your application and hope.

kickstar
15th Sep 2008, 01:25
You really should know that taking Prozac or any anti depressant is somewhat proof of Bi Polar condition this is a mental condition and will surely prevent you from being hired as cabin crew, You need to contact your doctor and find out the best way to proceed with this....Hope this helps..

GermanFutureFA
27th Sep 2008, 21:39
Hello,

for 2 weeks i was sending my application to Ryanair/Crewlink but i´ve never get a answer from Crewlink, not even "thank you for your interest....we will contact you...".

Is this normal?

Should i send another E-Mail and ask if they received my applicatin???

Greetings from Nuremberg
Michael

flyin_phil
9th Oct 2008, 18:28
hi guys, would anyone know the rough cost i would have to pay for the training for ryanair cabin crew. ive looked on st james and crewlink sites but there are no details to how much i would pay if successful?
im coming from BA baggage in T5 as they are not renewing our temp contracts from dec.

many thanks
phil

chelseaair
15th Oct 2008, 15:24
hey,

I believe the courses are approx £1400, they run regular information days where they tell you all the costs and details if you email them.

best of luck

Lauderdale
15th Oct 2008, 16:02
Apologies in advance - as my post does not contribure in any structured way what so ever - but as I was discussing this topic today with some work colleagues..........I find it amazing that people have to pay THAT much for their own training....let alone unfirm etc....

I feel sorry for you guys who have to do so!

:{

mikke
7th Nov 2008, 13:51
hello everybody.

in couple of weeks I'm going to have the Information and Interview day.
Any suggestions ? advices ?
thank you very much.

jucis
8th Nov 2008, 13:57
You need to know a little knowledge of english language to get a job with them

captplaystation
8th Nov 2008, 14:41
Take your Chequebook/Credit Card ,that is the main requirement to pass the selection :D

And probably best not to ask why so many of last years intake were laid off after the end of their 1 year contract, to make way for "new blood". The answer may be connected with my first statement.
Don't give up your room at your moms, you might need it again in 1 year.:uhoh:
If you expect more than this you will be dissapointed, as were a large percentage of those who joined 1 year ago.

agent x
8th Nov 2008, 18:08
Mikke the only advice that I can give....don't go!

Ax

Bn02fly
6th Jan 2009, 19:13
I have a recruitment day invite including interview with st james management to become part of ryanair's cabin crew.(tomorrow)

I have however discovered some loopholes.
The recruitment day is for training in february.
I (after having to ask) discovered that i would have to pay £500 for training a month before it began. Not £250 as i had previously read.
Then after completion of the course must pay £1000 either in a lump sum or deducted for 9 months in -£130 per month from the salary i would earn. which they claim is around (being the key word) £1100 after deductions.(not raining deductions)

But then it was also mentioned i was guarenteed a job with ryanair.
I was then told i could claim a new starters allowance... of £1000 whcih was paid in 3 installments within the first 6 months.

I have since read articles of ryanair crew being dismissed less than 12months after starting, quite abruptly and the reason given was sales on board were too low. (ryanair denies this)

And of course the oh so famous dispatches investigation.Which currently i havent seen but as my interview is tomorrow i am looking for!

I have no plans to sign up for anything tomorrow... but it would be nice to hear back your views soon please! Thankyou for you're time!

P.s Sorry its lengthy

Oh i forgot i will have to relocate to stansted during training aswell as it is a 3 hour drive away! I will post what i discover tomorrow for those who would like to know what they say foer themselves.

EXS258
10th Jan 2009, 15:45
iv worked for ryanir as cabin crew.........i traine dindublin with Dalmac and let me tell you, as soon as youve passe dthe course you no treated as an indivudal...your treated as a number... 5 days on 2 days off then 5 days on 3 days off...its hard work especially during the turna arounds, youre in debt up to your eyeballs when u finish the course and if you have to relocate you screwed...my adivce is to stay away from ryanir and look at another airline

hope this helps you

mikkelaccio
13th Jan 2009, 00:21
I have an interview with Ryanair on saturday.
some other comments about this company ? I have heard some really bad as well as some good things about that.
any suggestion how to behave during the interview ?
does everybody are agree about the hard conditiond of working with Ryanair ?
thank you !

Sinndar girl
19th Jan 2009, 18:15
I just would like to introduce myself in the Aviation worls and say mine about all the rumors ,noice,preconcept,vague assumtion and all the rest that people,staff,ex staff newcomer ans people who is still dreaming to work in Aviation may Come out with.

I say we all have to cope ON and stop wiging about Ryan Air!
I mean The more i read the more i think that majority of the comments are from people who has got no Caracter offaceing the hard truth about WORKING hard!!

I worked all my life nearly and i DID work for very unpleasent Boss ,bad pays, bad jobs,bad collegues, places where Culture and intellectual Growt arent part of ur world and not exspected anytime soon.
U get so Use to be umiliated and treated as a slave and as a working machine that U dont think u can do better..
But is LIFE..
Life and experience come togheter to give us all the chance to improve!!!

I got a job wt Ryan Yes!!
I ama new comer with a LOT of experiences about bad JOB and Bad pay.
I worked Fisical as Groom in Race yard couse i have passion for horses but i also worked in the hospitality industry for years!!

I knowhow hard people can be ..WE can be Hard in other people!!
We ae all connected to each others and IF we learn to except things for what they are and think positive we are WINNERS!!

I am So proud i passed my exams,i am proud i finally made it !
Ryan Air is as good or bad as YOU make it.
Its this what life should teach us all .
To be Indipendent and strong when we THINK and CHOOSE.
i bet a lot of people just listen to people who got saket or people who DID NOT like this job after all...
We all need to start somewhere and this is a good start who will be hard indeed but will give us experience,skill and also make us realy think if this is what we want to do!!!

If u cant stay positive in whiting urself U will never be ale to do ANY job...couse belive me guys....
This job is not worst than work for a butcher or a baker or a shop or a cleaner and make exactely the same money and NOT being able to make a CAREER choise of growth!!

I think ifu are a winger u should stay at home and go to colledge untill u are 40 and wait for life to start before u die..

Stop this craziness of talking rubbish about Ryan Air.None forc Us to be there and if u didnt realize NONE will take someone who hasnt got at Least " years experience as a CCM.
Every jobs have the good and the bad...we just have to learn how to cope wt it with intelligence and diplomacy.

When U work for 13 hours for 7 days a week under snow,rain storm, cold and with people who do not consider u Human ...u learn how to preciate that our training is a very high skilled one, that this job isnt for COMUNE thinker or for people who just looks at the money site..

Did u actually check how much u get payed for any other job who will not give u a future carrer????? Did YOU realy?
We need to study all the time,learn,understand,teach and also be srong and ready...we need to be realistic and also..i love the fact Its hard...couse this make me mre stronger and willing to win and do better!!

So even if u worked for Ryan for the past 6 monts and u had enough this is YOU!!
Not the company Not the Staff! NOt ur CCS!!
U decide to be a winner or a Looser..

so lets get REA people and help each other....couse life isnt just Ryan Air...
Life it s all it comes with our choises..and changes.
I think i say mine now....
Best of luck to all new comer and as well the best of luck to all of Us who will not complain but trying to make the best of what we ARE..
Ciao:ok:

Abusing_the_sky
19th Jan 2009, 18:51
Sinndar girl,

First of all, may i suggest you use the spell check tool in your future posts, there are some pedantic posters round here!

You say you are a newcomer. OK, it's all great now, but wait for another 6 months to pass... You'll change your mind.
FR are great when it comes to pay, they actually pay more than most of the airlines. For now...
But just hang 'on a second, breathe and relax and listen to one of the "oldies":
You might only work 20-25 hrs a week. I assume you are a No4 now so it's not all that bad... All you have to do is do the service, do a gash and that's about it.
But in a few months you will realize it's not THAT easy. You will find earlies a killer, working 5 days in a row, with little time to eat or use the loo as you are at pax's service. You will find that briefings will be stricter and stricter, that No1's will demand more and more of you, you will struggle with bus schedules and/or motorway closures; you will find it stressful dealing with pax when you're delayed and it's not in your hands to sort out the problem; you will find it difficult to explain to a pax you can't open the bars on the ground, and that the bad weather is keeping you on the ground;
You will find it difficult to deal with those obnoxious, disruptive pax with no back up from some F/D because of the "paperwork"; you will also find it appalling that you will have to empty the toilet bins on all turn around, and you will be disgusted with all the day to day chores you have to do re cleaning;
Cleaning after 180 odd pax when delayed for the inbound is not easy and turn around the a/c "just like that" is only a goldfish wish; we all know the "class" of the majority FR pax and what they leave behind after a 4 hrs flight.
Darling, THIS is not a "it's your fault you don't like it" thing; it's a job, a damn hard one, and you get paid for it. You get your basic and your sector cheque and they pay the bills.
It's not like you have another option, especially with all this credit crunch situation we all suffer from; you can't get another job, you have to do your best and stick with the current (FR in our cases)
Sometimes you enjoy the job, sometimes you don't. That's life darling, and it's not what you've portrayed; the hippie era is now long gone and the "happy thoughts, flowers, sex and drugs to keep us happy" is NOT the way to go nowadays.

So i suggest you enjoy it while it lasts. But don't admit you are a newcomer (with very bad English, sorry, but i thought nowadays they test you guys and give you a proficiency certificate) and then b!tch about people who were in FR way before you even got to crawl under the table.

I understand your excitement, but get off your high horse and smell the coffee sweetheart, it ain't that natural as you describe it...

Rgds,
ATS

Seat62K
20th Jan 2009, 07:19
ATS,

With regard to the "class of the majority FR pax", aren't you over-generalising somewhat?

With regard to "what they leave behind", have you ever seen the state of a "legacy" carrier's premium cabin once the passengers have disembarked?

Please don't misunderstand me: I think cabin crew should not have to put up inconsiderate, ill-mannered etc. passengers.

[By the way, I'm the one who greets you on boarding, sits in 33C or D, listens attentively to the safety briefing (even though I've heard it countless times), offers a polite "No, thank you" when offered the menu, and if first in the queue to disembark - which is often the case - will chat to you!]

Abusing_the_sky
20th Jan 2009, 10:21
Seat62K, i might've meet you you know, you sound like one of those lovely (rare, but lovely nonetheless) pax who with just one smile made me forget about the (possibly) horrible day i had:ok:

Shame the likes of you, pax wise, are an endangered species.
I know you are CC but by god, sometimes (very few times tho), a CC travelling as pax is worse than your regular punter...

Right, thread drift finished. Just wanted to tell you you are more than welcomed in any of my flights.

Rgds,
ATS

Seat62K
21st Jan 2009, 07:30
ATS,
Many thanks for your kind words.
By the way, I'm not CC. I work outside of aviation.

G-UNIT
21st Jan 2009, 08:05
My god, I thought Sinndar Girls post was someones bad joke!

How can anyone leave school with that level of literacy? amazing...

flapsforty
21st Jan 2009, 16:06
G-UNIT, your personal comments are less than thoughtful and possibly more than hurtful.

Not everybody on this forum is a native English speaker. (flyblue and I aren't)
Not everybody on this forum has been lucky enough to grow up in a country where all children go to quality schools regardless of their parents' income.
Not everybody has had the advantage of secondary education.

Going by her post, Sinndra girl has a diverse background, and has learnt very early in life what hard work is all about. That has my respect right off the bat.
Her written English is not good, and with a little effort could be a lot better. She'll get there if she wants to.
In the mean time, after doing many different jobs and not always under the best of circumstances, she is now an FA with an international airline. No mean feat and again, respect.

You can agree or disagree with her arguments about Ryan Air; that's part of what this forum is all about.
To diss a fellow poster on a personal level is to my mind completely out of line.

Hombre
22nd Jan 2009, 10:17
G-Unit, before you slag off other people's grammar, I think you'll find it's "someone's" in your last post.

For your further education, at no additional cost, and in comparison, 'yours' & 'theirs' are possessive singular & plural pronouns respectively so don't require an apostrophe. :ok:

racedo
22nd Jan 2009, 10:41
My god, I thought Sinndar Girls post was someones bad joke!

How can anyone leave school with that level of literacy? amazing...

Years of Text speak on a phone potentially is a guess, I'm answersing your question not commenting on her posting..

candy08
22nd Jan 2009, 19:22
I have an interveiw wt ryanair next fri! What should I wear as it is an individual interveiw but its also a recruitment day?????? please help

candy08
22nd Jan 2009, 19:58
what should I wear to a ryanair cabin recruitment as i have an interveiw???????????please help

student88
23rd Jan 2009, 00:54
You are going for an interview with an airline. Common sense suggests you dress smart. If you are a man wear a suit, if you are a woman wear the female version of a suit. Good luck.

baileybabe
23rd Jan 2009, 01:04
:confused: HI, I HAVE A INTERVIEW WITH RYANAIR IN FEBUARY AND I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TRAINING. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME DO I HAVE TO PAY A DEPOSIT AT THE INTERVIEW?
I MUST ADMIT IT SOUNDS A BIT FISHY. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE STRUCTURE OF THE DAY WHAT THEY WILL ASK AND MAKE US DO. ALSO WHEN U DO THE TRAINING DO THEY PUT YOU UP IN ACCOMMADATION. IF ANYONE CAN SHED LIGHT ON THE MATTER PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANXS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

baileybabe
23rd Jan 2009, 01:10
:ok:HI WHEN IS UR INTERVIEW, MINE IS ON THE 25TH OF FEBUARY AT ST JAMES BUILDING. DO YOU KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE DAY, THERE NOT VERY INFORMATIVE. I KNOW WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE COURSE BUT DO WE HAVE TO PUT A DESPOSIT DOWN AT THE INTERVIEW? KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET ME KNOW XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

baileybabe
23rd Jan 2009, 01:23
:ok:HI HOW DID YOUR INTERVIEW GO. I HAVE ONE WITH THEM IN FEBRUARY BUT I AM NERVOUS BECAUSE OF THE WHOLE PAYING FOR THE TRAINING. DID YOU HAVE TO PUT A DEPOSIT DOWN AT THE INTRVIEW PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED. XXX;)

baileybabe
23rd Jan 2009, 01:28
WHAT DID THEY MAKE YOU DO IN THE GROUP ASSESMENT AND WAS THERE A MATHS TEST AND ENGLISH. DO YOU THINK YOU WILL PURSUE THE JOB LET ME KNOW I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. THANXS XX:ok:

The Real Slim Shady
23rd Jan 2009, 11:25
Smart but casual.

Hombre
23rd Jan 2009, 17:08
Look scary. You'll get the job :E

Abusing_the_sky
23rd Jan 2009, 17:41
Hombre, myself and (maybe) other posters don't really appreciate your sense of humor or what you might call, sarcasm.

We got it, you don't like FR; you said it time and time again.
However, may we kindly ask you now to back off a bit; don't tar everyone with the same brush and most important, there is no need to offend anyone, FR CC or not.

Rgds,
ATS

TightSlot
23rd Jan 2009, 17:54
For recruitment and interview questions, please check the Cabin Crew wannabe forum.

chelseaair
23rd Jan 2009, 20:33
A job at Ryanair is entirely what you make it.
I've been working for 3 years now and I'm still going.
I still enjoy it in the main.
Unfortunately I hardly fly nowadays, now that the hours limit has been reduced to 100 per month. Before this I would do almost 160 hours per month, now I don't tend to work more that 40 hours (1-2 days per week).

You have to be emotionally tough and very disciplined, and accept that you cannot make any mistakes if you are to be successful during your probabtionary period. No lates, no sick days and definately no, no-shows!!
It is a great stepping stone to gain experience before moving on to larger airlines.

I have made a wealth of friends from all over Europe which is a huge benefit for working for FR.

My tip, make the most of the good bits, like the potential work experience, the friends you'll make, the majority of pax are friendly and good fun to chat to, and the pay is good enough once you get a Ryanair contract.
Put in the hard work for the first 9 months ish, and accept you may not get that much money at first, as it gets so much better when you get that FR staff number.
Once you are working you learn to accept the very important memos about tea towels and average spends!! lol!!

flyblue
23rd Jan 2009, 22:35
baileybabe honey, we got it!
You have an interview with Ryanair! Four posts so far and all about it, and all off topic.
What about using the ''Search'' button instead, as we suggest in the ''Please read BEFORE you post a question'' thread at the TOP of this Forum? Try doing things with some method and kicking your brains into gear before acting, that's a good training for the Ryanair interview.

Hombre
25th Jan 2009, 12:47
ATS, I apologise.

Unfortunately, I seem to have upset another person who has sent me an abusive pm. I don't think they work for ryanair though.

C'est la vie...

Ten West
25th Jan 2009, 18:47
Ryanair would charge you extra if you want an abusive PM with your booking. ;)

techno54
25th Jan 2009, 21:49
Hey everybody!
I'm going from Latvia and would like to start Dalmac courses in the near future (interview is already passed successfully).
In spite of some negative aspects here about FR, I really appreciate this work and would like to get it, but before to consider about this job and make a decision, I have questions to current CC, please share with your advise and experience:
- what is the real salary for juniors? I mean how much receives junior in first months NETTO after taxes and all charges? Are there strictly fixed limit of working hours per day or month, or I can easy get more hours if I request? Pls provide with real figures not MAX or average, but MIN, after all taxes and charges.
- base BGY (Bergamo) - is it easy to get it? or very big competition?

Thank you in advance!

Hombre
26th Jan 2009, 06:29
Ten West, I can't respond or you'll get me in more trouble :cool:

mikke
27th Jan 2009, 18:49
Hi guys !
Do u know how much time usually it takes to change base with Ryanair ?
I mean, from the time I ask to be moved to te time I will do it...how long ?
thanks a lot !
p.s. Do u know if Milan-Bergamo is usually difficult to get ?
thanks again ;)

p.s. I heard if you don't complete your first year of working u have to pay back something....is it true ?

Rachaat
29th Jan 2009, 15:55
Hi, I have been invited to attend an interview in Stansted and i notice you posted this along time ago. Just wanted to know if you did go on to do the training and if it was a good idea as i have heard the company are not very good. Could you give me some advice. Thanks

Tart With A Cart
29th Jan 2009, 17:29
Could someone who currently flys for Ryanair tell me if they were given one of their 3 choices of bases?

Also, if you don't get the base you wanted how easy it is to transfer?

Finally.......would you say they were a good operation to work for??

Thanks

mikke
31st Jan 2009, 19:54
I heard u get one of the 3 bases in 70 % of cases but I donno.
SOme of u know if "Bologna" is a Ryanair Base ?
It seems to be but I'm not sure.
thanks a lot !

J17
11th Feb 2009, 18:41
Hi,

Is there someone going to the Ryanair Assesment on the 24th, 25th or 26th of feb??

Greetz

lauren12
22nd Feb 2009, 15:19
i have an interview in london stansted 25th of february, for st james management....
i would like to know if anybody knows, what we have to do and how the day will go?and which questions they will ask us?
im so nervous already and would be happy for any answers...thanks...

chelseaair
22nd Feb 2009, 15:33
Hey,
Bologna is a base. It's a new one though, up and running shortly if not already
Best of luck:ok:

clairey fairy
5th Mar 2009, 12:11
hey everyone.

i applied for ryanair via the st james management website and got an email the following day. Unlike most of you, I havent been invited to an interview, I've been invited to a Cabin Crew Training Day that costs £99 and it lasts one day. After completing this course I will get 'fast-tracked' to an interview. Is this normal or have things changed?

claire

the skys the limit
5th Mar 2009, 12:48
sorry, but this sounds like just another way for ryanair to make money out of people. £99 training day fee? thats ridiculous, when I applied you either got an interview or you didnt, obviously head office have been thinkin up of more ways to con both crew and customers, has anyone heard about them charging to use the toilet now? £1 a time :ugh::mad:.
As if its not enough that customers have to pay for a ticket, then pay for each bag, then pay to check in, now pay to use the toilet :=. Where will they stop?
And dont get me started on how they rip off their crew. £2000 training fee, £360 for your uniform, £99 training day? makes me so angry they can get away with doing this, no other airline does. Seems to me that as long as your willing to fork out 4 all these charges, they will take you on.:*

FlyingBird69
10th Mar 2009, 11:23
Hi all, does anyone have any idea of the training costs...deposit etc with Cavok training in Spain as both Dalmac and Crewlink explain their costs on their websites whereas Cavok don't? Thanks in anticipation.....:rolleyes:

FlyingBird69
12th Mar 2009, 15:34
In response to my own advert, I have now attented a CAVOK selection day so am aware of all the costs :bored:. I am now awaiting an email to see if I've been selected. ;)

AirCrewBoi84
13th Mar 2009, 17:51
I cannot believe that Ryanair/St James charge for a ‘’Introduction to Cabin Crew Course’’ how on earth do they get any applicants attending? Oh hang on you do get an exclusive course book ‘’wow’’ :hmm:

Why would you pay the ridiculous amount of money when:

A) You might decide being Cabin Crew is not the role for you.
B) You might think Ryanair as a company is not for you (and who would blame you)
C) They may not even choose you to attend a course, which I’m led to believe you then pay more for as well as your compulsory ID, Uniform etc

It seems its all about ££s to this company… I thought about applying to them but since discovering all this I have opted out! It’s a shame because I actually think Ryanair as an airline isn’t as bad as what some people say, however I am starting to think differently now. :suspect:

candy08
19th Mar 2009, 19:12
I have been sucsessful at the dalmac interveiw and I now to start my training A week on sunday. I also have been told that I will be based in Alicante Spain, can aany.one help me regarding accomadation I dont know were to start??? Thanks

Kseny
25th Mar 2009, 20:47
Hey guys....
I didnt read this forum, but my advise to you just DONT go there!!!!!!!!!!
Was working for ryan for 1.5 years its just wasting of time and money.....
Sooo if u wanna save something forget about it...
Only thing i met a lot of nice ppl there.... and of coure its an experiece...
I wouldnt have the job what i have now without ryanair...
so if u have chance to find something else.... take it!

carlotta.visani
1st Apr 2009, 12:24
Hi guys! I've just been invited to an interview with Ryanair in Rome at the end of April.

I actually don't know much about it, and it would be great to hear some info and tips from you all, who did it before!

I have been aked to bring to the interview a full length photo...why do they need it?
Sorry, I may seem a bit werid but the whole situation is brand new for me and now everything is useful!!

Thanks a million, guys!

HomeisSTN
31st May 2009, 13:58
Hi,

I am considering applying to Ryanair for a position as a cabin-crew member. I often fly with them, and I really would like to be one day a air-steward!

I just have a few questions, if anyone would be able to kindly help me with them, I will be very grateful.

1. Is there a age limit? I can see you must be 18 to apply, but is there an age when they will not accept you to apply or when you reach that age they will fire you?
2. What is the salary? I can see the base pay, but the pay for commission or flight pay is not stated?
3. What about if you reach the maximum age? Will they offer you a job doing something else?
4. What about future prospects?

Thank you for you're time, and I hope someone will be able to reply.

HomeisSTN

HomeisSTN
2nd Jun 2009, 15:39
Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
HomeisSTN

LadyP
8th Jun 2009, 10:41
Not LadyP 'her son' here

I have an interview with Ryannair, they sent me this letter

[Content of letter removed - mods]

How will I be assessed on the day? Can you please give me advice? And also how much is the training course and if I am unsuccessful do I still have to pay for it?

All answers are very much appreciated and I really want to be cabin crew so if you have worked or are working for Ryanair please can you give me as much advice as possible

EGSS-FR
14th Aug 2009, 22:10
Hi crew members, I've recently been accepted for cabin crew training with Ryanair, europes low cost carrier.
However since passing the interview stage with the training provider, I now need to overcome my second challenge 'ID', which needs to be completed before starting my course.

I'm guessing the ID is both an airside pass and ryanair crew member pass, however what IS clear is that they require a minimum 5 year background check including work/study history, gaps in between work/study and a character check from 5 non relative/freind/colleague peoples.

The form also informs that every gap of 14 days or more needs to be accounted for. This will be difficult for me becuase I was made redundant within the five years, and didn't make any claim for jobseekers.
I have my landlord who can account for that redudancy and jobseeking time (perhaps 2- 3 months) however I'm not sure whether this would be acceptable.
More gaps may be there that need to accounted for, however I'm unsure what effect this will have on the ID process.

Has any other crew member had the difficulty of this, and how did they overcome it?
And would any gaps between work prevent me from obtaining a pass and beginning my career in the air?

Is it really THAT difficult and is 2 or 3 months out of work significant?

Thanks all.

janine19888
18th Sep 2009, 13:42
Hey,

So tryign to get into cabin crew applied to prety much all teh airlines, with come possitive feedback but the onlyones recruiting at the moment seem to be ryanair, so im on there triaing day next week which cost like £99.

Now i knwo tey have a bad reputation but i just htink to myself its a start. btu then if i do end up going through i dnt wnat to have to pay for my training, anyadvice would be great?

janine

Saab Dastard
18th Sep 2009, 15:21
First piece of advice would be to learn to spell. At least use a spell-checker.

SD

irishbecky
19th Sep 2009, 20:59
If you get through you have to pay for your training that's it I'm afraid there is no way around it!!!!

geordiejet
5th Oct 2009, 10:27
Anyone know when they are taking on more CC? From the agency websites I can't see any assessment or training dates listed.

manzanita
19th Oct 2009, 20:34
If you go back to Dalmac: Cabin Crew, Air Hostess training and jobs placement (http://www.dalmac.ie) and CREWLINK for FLIGHT ATTENDANTS, CABIN CREW, AVIATION JOBS (http://www.crewlink.ie) they have assessment days listed.

Not sure about Cavok or St James.

jay180
25th Oct 2009, 04:21
hey i used to work for ryanair and would not recommend it to anyone.they are con artists. I was with them for nearly year and then was let go along with the majority of crew on my training course.they claimed we did not pass our probationary period....which was rubbish coz we had all past our annual line checks a few days previous..one thing we all had in common was we took the new joiners payment:mad: and we were all there 11 and a half months there.when you take the new joiners thing it states that if you leave or your contract is terminated before 12months you must pay it back,...... but instead of leting u pay it back gradually,they take it out of the wages owed to you and monies in lieu and leave you with 0.01 cent!! on your payslip without telling you... its the only reason we got told to :mad: off!!,..this is just one of the many flaws in working for ryanair,...if you do join them dont take the allowence..it sounds nice but its lyk signin your death warrant !!

flygirl85
25th Oct 2009, 14:58
oh man i would never work for ryanair. they are a horrible airline, ive flown with them at least 30 times and they couldnt provide worse service if they tried. they keep ripping people off i.e. 40 pound to pay if you forget to print off your boarding card (40 pound for a piece of paper!!), being charged ridiculous prices for having a few extra kilos etc. and i think people will take it out on the flight attendants that they are not happy. i had a bad cough one and couldnt breath properly and they refused to give me a bottle of water. the reason i didnt have 3 pound to pay for it was that, as so often, the plane was 6 hours late and id spent my money on food and drink at the airport. the flight attendant said she could get me water from the toilet sink but it said on it do not drink. what kind of a sick logic is that?? handing out water to customers when its specifically stated is not for drinking. i could go on all day telling you stories of how badly ive been treated. just one more example, if you leave something in the plane you dont get it back. end of story. they dont have a lost and found like all other airlines, they just keep it, no matter if its an ipod, a book or a coat. i would keep away from them, youll get so much abuse from angry customers and making people pay for training is just ridiculous. there are other airlines that recruit and treat their staff with respect. if you fly with ryanair you dont get to see much of the world either as they just fly around europe and have no layovers. ok they do fly to NY but i wouldnt fly that far in one of their crappy planes.

techno54
26th Oct 2009, 20:57
Dear, somebody! I revert to people who know how to get CC work in other airline. If FR is so bad, please please advice to which airline is possible to apply and get CC work without any previous experience. I tried a lot of them - from EasyJet to Etihad, but all the same unsuccessfully. Everyone needs experience except Ryanair. Or you can advise somtehing else?

Abusing_the_sky
26th Oct 2009, 23:58
flygirl85, may i remind you this is a forum for CC Wannabees; for people who ask for info about the recruitment process, the interview itself, the pay and so on.

You sound very bitter and frankly, a tad petty.
40 pound to pay if you forget to print off your boarding card (40 pound for a piece of paper!!), being charged ridiculous prices for having a few extra kilos etcAnd how exactly is that the CC's fault? (after all, this is a CC thread, isn't it?)
Read the company's Terms and Conditions, it's all there. You're barking at the wrong tree dears.

As for the water bit. I would've done the same except recommending water from the toilet sink (which i think is utter BS on your part). Did you know that a)we are not allowed to open the bars on the ground (and that's not a FR requirement, it's actually a Revenue&Customs rule) and b)why would you expect a complete stranger to buy you a drink? You see, everything in the bar has to be accounted for. The sold stock has to match the cash in the bar and if it doesn't and the bar is down, it's no one's fault but the crew's since they are the only ones dealing with the bars&stock.

i could go on all day telling you stories of how badly ive been treatedPlease do, it is highly entertaining.

just one more example, if you leave something in the plane you dont get it back. end of story. they dont have a lost and found like all other airlines, they just keep it, no matter if its an ipod, a book or a coatSeriously, do you have a BS production line?
If anything is found in the a/c it is handed over to the ground agent. We could lose our jobs if we don't and no one is that stupid to lose a job over a bloody iPod... Once it's handed over to the ground staff (Servisair in this case who are contracted by Ryanair for the ground operation) we have no clue where it goes.
Get your facts right dears and THEN lash out.

i would keep away from them, youll get so much abuse from angry customers and making people pay for training is just ridiculous.Customers like you you mean. I wouldn't want you as a passenger in any of my flights. You are rude, obnoxious and way OTT. You need to learn a few manners before you even come near to any airport, let alone an airplane.

if you fly with ryanair you dont get to see much of the world either as they just fly around europe and have no layovers.]
But then again you could take advantage of your staff travel rights (where you pay nothing but the airport taxes) and visit cities in Europe in days off. If you want to go even further away there's always other airlines.
At the end of the day you come home every night, without being jet lagged, exhausted, living out of a suitcase... And i'm not saying that's bad (one of my best friends is a PU with BA and she loves it), i'm just trying to say that for some people, like myself and my colleagues, coming home every night is a bonus. And the pay is actually very good!

i wouldnt fly that far in one of their crappy planes. Crappy planes?!? How much do you actually know about FR and the fleet?? You are a little girl with a very big chip on her shoulder. Do your research first.
For example, today i was operating on an airplane dated 28 August 2009. Now, how crappy was that then? Brand spanking new, shiny, beautiful aircraft. Oh the horror, the pain :ugh:

A little bird tells me you have been rejected at the interview; could it be because of your very bad attitude? No wonder some pax are not happy with the customer service, the "you"'s of this world somehow managed to escape the interviewers vigilant eyes and made their way through the training all the way to their first day on line.
If you want to get in this business, you best start learning a few things, like humility, open your mouth when you should and say something that is remotely clever, common sense and most important, get rid of that "i'm bigger than you" attitude. Until then, if you have something to say, please raise your hand and place it over your mouth.

techno&others.
If you want to go for a job with FR, then go for it. But do your research first and not based on anonymous internet forum comments.
It's hard work, bloody hard and demanding. Plus, every so often, you'll come across the "flygirl85" 's of this world... But once you enter that day to day routine it'll all get better.
You might love the job, you might hate it. You might take to it like a duck to water or you might quit the very first day on line. Thing is, you'll never know until you've actually started the job. It's a risk, yes, but you'll never know the outcome of your decision unless you try it.
I took the risk over 4 years ago and i'm still here...

Good luck! :ok:

lowcostdolly
27th Oct 2009, 13:34
ATS (and it seems abusing everyone else who dares to have an opinion different than you) well you, luvvy, have just given them a bit more ammo to these posts....and of course you would just have to feel you have the last word as a FR PU wouldn't you? The so called voice of experience at FR.

You sweetheart have by your own admission only 4 years experience. In FR terms that would probably equate to 3 maybe 2 years as a PU. (Do you have any experience elsewhere because you have not shared that when sharing your opinions?)

And you are how old??? in terms of life experience that is...missed that one as well :hmm:

So this is how a FR PU (assuming no other experience) would respond to a query in the cabin re safety/an SOP/customer complaint is it? Completly and publically trash a newbie/prospective newbie/customer for daring to ask/even question existing procedures......fantastic CRM and people skills......err not :rolleyes:

For those of you wannabe's who don't know what CRM is....... in a nutshell it relates to getting the best out of your crews knowledge, experience/effective communications/situational awareness at all levels etc etc..... even maybe listening to the pax at times.

You would be taught this on training because the CAA say you have to. Come to think that is in the UK.....FR seem to have different contracts all over the place.

ATS I'm asking because I don't know here and FR are an irish airline so I assume are not goverened by the CAA rules and they also employ people on other european contracts. Is CRM taught?? If it is then it seems to have pased you by Luvvy.

As for customer service ATS.....well I do have my own opinions on that based on rescue flights I have had to do and the FR pax comments on these flights....I've never experienced FR "customer service" for myself.
It seems flygirl85 has.....maybe she was even one of my resued pax who knows...?

What I do know is that FR do not fly "crappy" aircraft so I have to take issue with her and side with you on that.

Presumably on the new planes, and FR do have a lot of them as you rightly say, they do have cold water taps in the galley??? You know the ones that could have provided an ill pax with a glass of water without having to justify the bar discrepancies,use the loo water and maybe even FR would not have charged for???? Not in this case apparently. Care to justify that in your vast experience??

All I would say to any Ryanair wannabe here is:

Read the apparent T&C's of the respective recruitment agency.
Read the opinions of the likes of ATS......she has a FR contract so is doing very nicely thank you and would never question any FR action. She is also an experienced FR PU.....fancy working under her for days on end.....oops sorry she is not on the newbie contract so only works a few hours a week. Got that wrong...sorry
once you have read these then read posts #180,183,185,186,197 and make up your own minds

lowcostdolly
27th Oct 2009, 13:43
Sorry forgot to mention to all you prospective newbies applying to FR:

According to ATS who is rejeced at interview is shared with the PU's (her anyway)

Fancy working for an airline who appears to have this little regard to candidates confidentiality.....what else are they sharing???

Are FR exempt from data protection???

Abusing_the_sky
27th Oct 2009, 22:29
lowcostdolly, could you and flygirl85 be one and the same person?

If i recall correctly i have answered your unfounded... "accusations" in another thread (i believe it was in SLF) and i never had a reply from you. Yet you come back for more "stirring".
Two could play your game only that in this case i won't be the other player.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. Re read the reply in that thread carefully and then maybe you won't feel the need of repeating your thoughts which are frankly boring me now. Yet i'm taking the time to reply to your post. I must be bored!

What i did before FR and my age is none of your business. Luvvy (please do not patronize me, it is very disrespectful and comes across as very unprofessional. When you'll get to my age and same level of "life experience" as you put it, you'll see what i mean).

So this is how a FR PU (assuming no other experience) would respond to a query in the cabin re safety/an SOP/customer complaint is it? Completly and publically trash a newbie/prospective newbie/customer for daring to ask/even question existing procedures......fantastic CRM and people skills......err notPlease do point out what was it so bad i wrote to flygirl84. She was only going on and on and on about how bad FR is, a spiral of mumbling words which really didn't make much sense. There are always 2 sides to every story. In this case, there's an "outside FR" side and there's an "inside FR" side.

Lowcostdolly, don't tar everyone with the same brush. You keep going on about "i heard this about FR, i heard that", you clearly don't have the correct facts or can't be bothered to do some research (as i proved in the other thread). You clearly have something against FR, and that's fine by me, it's a free country and all that. However, you do seem to hold a more personal grudge against me, and that would be just because i work for FR.
But if FR are so bad, could you please tell me why a bunch of your esteemed EasyJet colleagues will start their training with FR very soon after unfortunately being made redundant because of base closures and/or base reductions in terms of routes and aircrafts?

And another thing. If i have a contract or not, if i fly a lot or very few hours a week, is not for you to judge or question. What i can tell you is that i got to where i am today with FR by working hard, having a clean record and do my job to the best of my abilities. I didn't just rub the bottle and the Genie gave me the contract. I worked damn hard for it and it paid off.

Now, i don't know who is disagreeing with people when they don't share your opinion and views, me or you... Should you need any info when you're going for the FR interview, let me know, i'll be more than happy to help out.
Same for other posters, pm me if you have any queries and i'll try my best to reply in good time and with good info.

And lowcostdolly, next time you're up for a FR bashing, please come up with new ideas and queries. Until then to answer all your repeated questions, please see the SLF Forum on the "Ryanair" thread; i believe i answered every single last question or false claim you made.

Game Set Match.

Abusing_the_sky
27th Oct 2009, 23:02
... and i do apologize for the thread hijack guys but i do have to ask the FR No1 Hater, lowcostdolly:

You keep mentioning "the number of times i rescued FR pax" stranded in such and such airport. Please do tell, how exactly have you rescued these pax?
I'm sorry, i wasn't aware of the fact that EasyJet and Ryanair have an agreement that goes along the lines of "ok, you go tech or whatever, i'll pick up the passengers and take them to their destination".
Let's say FR passengers were stranded in AGP (Malaga - totally random choice). Are you telling me that EZY just gave tickets away to the "stranded" pax for free? Are you telling me that they just went to the ticket desk and complained to the EZY staff who issued them with FREE tickets to their destination?
No, that would never happen. This is not a "rescue" mission as you'd like people to believe, it could (could being the operative word - and we are talking a hypothetical scenario) be classed as adding insult to injury. Making money out of people's misery. Selling tickets at full price or even escalated price. Because that's exactly what would happen should the above scenario come true.

So, again i ask, how exactly did you rescue these people?

Glamgirl
27th Oct 2009, 23:31
Lowcostdolly and Flygirl84,

First of all, I have to say that I know diddly squat about flying for/applying to Ryanair. However, as has been pointed out here, this is a thread for people who want to apply to work for Ryanair needing their questions answered. If you have a gripe about how the airline treated you as a passenger, then write to the airline, or put it in the SLF section on this board.

If you have a gripe about someone's posting, then deal with it in an adult manner. This means being polite and civilised, not using patronising language and such-like.

Now, before I get told off for being head mistress, I'll let people get back on topic. Which, to remind you, is about getting information about a specific airline to apply for a job as Cabin Crew.

Cheers,

Gg

lowcostdolly
29th Oct 2009, 13:11
Glamgirl Thank you for being the adult post :)

Just gave ATS a taste of how it feels to be on the end of her patronising posts....seems she didn't like it!! I feel a FR newbie/prospective newbie would like it even less. Also GlamGirl I have been on the end of one of these posts in the past re safety

In fact if that is how an FR Pu treats staff in the cabin whatever their rank....

ATS please make up your mind sweetheart. Last time you didn't agree with me I was a "jurno" your words. Now I'm another poster in disguise???

As I said to you last time whatever you wish to discuss my PM box is open to you. On the safety issues at that time you have been really silent....not one reply even!!

Perhaps you can do better with CRM?? Or if you just wish to continue to throw your toys out of your pram then my PM box is open to you....

Just don't bully the newbie's/prospective newbie's......not a good look for FR is it darlin :}

For all you FR Wannabe's.....read the recruitment company's T&C's. Then read the posts on these forums. Read other research as well and make up your own minds.

jetset lady
29th Oct 2009, 14:36
lowcostdolly,

You do seem to have a bit of a problem with anyone that dares to disagree with your opinions. From what I can see, one poster has come into a wannabe thread and absolutely ripped apart the airline that people are asking about, with nothing more than a passenger perspective to go by. She/he has even gone so far as to suggest that safety is compromised and that the crew are thieves. I suspect that if someone were to suggest the same of your airline, you would expect a right to reply, just as ATS has done.

You know nothing about ATS, yet you feel the right to stick your oar in and accuse her of poor CRM and safety skills. Trust me, you couldn't be further from the truth. I suggest that, in future, you stay out of things you know nothing about and stick to commenting on those things that you do have some knowledge on. As for accusing her of bullying newbies/wannabes, how exactly do you consider the following as bullying?

techno&others.
If you want to go for a job with FR, then go for it. But do your research first and not based on anonymous internet forum comments.
It's hard work, bloody hard and demanding. Plus, every so often, you'll come across the "flygirl85" 's of this world... But once you enter that day to day routine it'll all get better.
You might love the job, you might hate it. You might take to it like a duck to water or you might quit the very first day on line. Thing is, you'll never know until you've actually started the job. It's a risk, yes, but you'll never know the outcome of your decision unless you try it.
I took the risk over 4 years ago and i'm still here...

Good luck! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

From what I see, that is damn good advice for those thinking of applying to any airline!

And finally, before you start accusing others of being patronising, may I suggest you take a look at your own posts. (Hmmm...Deja vu!)

Sorry to the all the wannabes that are having to witness this rather unsavioury spat, ironically, with two people that don't work for FR and therefore have no inside knowledge to give to you, attacking the one person that does! However, if you are considering working for this airline, maybe it is good that you get to see the snobbery that exists, even from other low cost operators. Sad but true.

As ATS says, you could love it, or you could hate it and that goes for flying in general. But there's only one way to find out! ;)

Jsl

lowcostdolly
29th Oct 2009, 17:29
JSL you are so right. I know nothing about ATS other than what I see on the forums.....where she takes apart anyone who disagrees with her posts/feels strongly about FR whatever the reason.

She can also dish it out but can't take it......clearly evident in her responses to me. I lowered myself to her level with the patronising language on purpose. Not nice is it yet that is exactly how she has addressed me previously and now a prospective newbie. All of a sudden that is now unprofessional....her words!! I know it is, I just wanted her to recognise her own behaviour and the inpact it can have on others

Last time I looked she wasn't the forum moderator either. I'm sure if they felt someone had posted wrongly they would have removed the post?

Clearly you know ATS so you can disagree. You might even know me/I may know you..... who knows?

I also see you have been selective in what you have quoted from her original response......the one constructive piece of advice given to prospective newbie's. The rest of it completly flamed one person and that is bullying IMHO......you of course may choose to disagree. That is your right and I have no problem with that.

As for your apology for the "public spat" read again......it's the second time I have asked ATS to take her questions/opinions into the privacy of my inbox....the silence is deafening!! I now extend the same invitation to you.

Back to the thread topic guys and girls.....for those of you thinking of applying to FR (any airline) read the company/recruitment company hype very carefully. Then do your own research which may include reading posts on these forums and then make up your own minds :)

The Real Slim Shady
29th Oct 2009, 18:28
lowcostdolly, I don't know which airline you work, but I suspect it is easyjet.

All the accusations leveled against FR of robbing people, hidden charges etc simply don't hold water: conversely, I suggest that the easyjet website and booking engine is more akin to robbing and hidden charges than the same FR site!

I digress, this isn't a pissing contest: we are all in the same game and JSL and Glamgirl are feeling the heat over BASSA and BA's spat. The spat could put their jobs on the line and the jobs of many others including support staff and staff from external companies: it is that far reaching.

The winners won't be FR or easy, but maybe Virgin will pick up some pax and bmi might but the bulk will hot foot it to AA or KLM or Air France and once they are gone it will be nigh on impossible to get them back. The jobs of our colleagues will also go, and that is bad karma.

FR have a business model, as easyjet and BA etc do: just because that model doesn't fit with your perception of how things should be, doesn't mean it is wrong, or that it doesn't fit other peoples' perception of how things should be.

We all look at the world through our own eyes, and what makes one of us happy doesn't suit the other: that is what makes the whole experience so interesting. Listening and learning from the experience of others who have been there, seen it, done it, got the T shirt.

I listen to my mate, who is an easy jet captain and think I'm bl00dy lucky to be a Ryanair captain: I did a line check today on a Captain who was, several years ago a seriously senior Virgin 747 Captain but left: he reckons he has the better deal, compared to his former colleagues at VS, now that he is at FR.

Horses for courses, don't let blinkers and vitriol cloud your judgement. You probably have a wealth of experience and information to pass on to wannabes about your company: why not stick to that?

jetset lady
30th Oct 2009, 11:00
Not nice is it yet that is exactly how she has addressed me previously and now a prospective newbie.

Not many prospective newbies begin their post with, "oh man i would never work for ryanair. they are a terrible airline." (sic) :rolleyes:

Maybe at this point, we should agree to disagree and leave it there.

Saab Dastard
30th Oct 2009, 14:56
Maybe at this point, we should agree to disagree and leave it there.
Yes, please!

SD (mod)

lowcostdolly
2nd Nov 2009, 13:13
Leave it there.....absolutely. However just want to make a personal response here.....

Real Slim Shady.....Can't speak for EZY F/D but at present I wouldn't recomend any CC to work for LoCo....that is EZY/FR or Jet 2. One of the reasons an experienced PU (3 years in loco terms) is considering leaving but in LoCo who cares?? Not our employers certainly as they just want a bum (senior bum) on a CC seat.....

JSL yes the original post was inappropriate for this forum but the poster did not deserve to be publically humiliated by an FR PU.

Public humiliation is tantemount to bullying....end of. In aviation there is no place for bullying....

Anyone disagree with this view??

elwoodread
11th Nov 2009, 23:49
Hi all, I'm new on this forum.
I'm form Italy, so sorry if my english is not always so good.
Last monday I did the interview with Cavok in Madrid. I have the email that they tell me everything is ok and I can do the training.
So the course will start on 19 January 2010, in Madrid.
Someone of you join it??

fanrailuk
30th Nov 2009, 14:46
Does anyone have any experience of Ryanair recruitment and/or being sent to random bases? I've an interview for cabin crew in London but am a little concerned with their extremely random bases where they could place me!?

Please message me.

PPhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

tiny_babydoll2000
3rd Dec 2009, 16:57
Hi guys i ve heard a lot all the forum!! but still anybody said straight how much is the salary!! i should start with Crew link!! can anyone tell me EXACTLY how I will get after tax??
thx a lot

fanrailuk
17th Dec 2009, 11:29
Anyone lined up to join St. James' Ryanair training course in April? I'm seeking course-mates and somewhere to live nr. STN for the 6 week course!!

Be nice to hear from you.

PP ;)

MagicDust
23rd Dec 2009, 18:57
hi all first post here, i have been invited to an interview with st james next wednesday? i have worked for 3 previous airlines all of which have gone bust :( at the moment i am unsure wether to go for this interview as i have read so many horror stories, the main one is that you dont know were you will be bsed till your first day of training, i ideally would like to be based in edi and wouldnt really settle for anything less. also i heard (maybe false0 that you dont get paind whilst you are in training? is this true?

hope someone can help me

thanks x x

Tart With A Cart
23rd Dec 2009, 19:05
My advice would be to avoid them at all costs!!

It is true, you won't know where you are being based until you have paid your cash and started training.

Can I ask.....are you an ex GSMer????

fanrailuk
24th Dec 2009, 16:32
Try not to hang yourself up on the negatives (as lot of people on this forum seem to highlight) - think of the positives too! Although, in your situation, it's far more of a negative as with FR you have to be free to move to whichever base they require you at, albeit you can change after 12 months to your preferred base choice...or just swap bases with someone on your course should you be successful! EDI is probably a no-go, how about PIK?

LPFR
3rd Jan 2010, 02:28
Does anyone knows if all the wages are taken at FAO for the new base? I'm living here, 2 minutes away from the airport, surely that would be a plus?

fanrailuk
25th Jan 2010, 18:28
I have succefully been accepted by St James' Management for the April intake, does anyone have any advice on which bases I should ask for (UK preferred - except STN) as a result of most likely being 'needed' there from mid to late May?

Thanks in advance :)

CabincrewbabyFM1990
28th Jan 2010, 19:38
Can anyone please help me?

Im having a massive dilema, I've got an interview for Ryanair next week but I am not actually sure about going, all the bad thing I've heard, is it really that bad? and I don't want to be too far away from my long term boyfriend so there is only Leeds or Edinburgh I'd want to go to. Am I wasting my time?

fanrailuk
28th Jan 2010, 20:08
Hey CabincrewbabyFM1990,

Sadly, sorry to say, you are wasting your time if you only want LBA or EDI. When I went for interview, it seems that FR's policy is to place junior crew where they need them most, whether new or existing bases, its their choice; as I have no ties it's fine with me but if you do, then it's not a good decision.

Apparently EDI is a hard base to get into, along with many others, as it's overly popular and LBA is new therefore they'll need some experienced crew there and it opens in March so most places are probably full there by now given that its only about 6-7 weeks away. You must think long and hard about the decision to take FR - I've given it 2 months now and I'm still going ahead with it 100%!

Hope this helps :)

PP

CabincrewbabyFM1990
28th Jan 2010, 20:53
Thanks fanrailuk,

I didnt think it was a good idea but I guess I needed someone to tell me that its bad! If I cant be guaranteed one of those bases then there is no point for me, I would love to go for it but the boyfriend wouldn't approve!

That really helped alot, thank you :)

scoobydoodoo
9th Feb 2010, 11:34
Hi all, I'm moving to Germany next week, and have been invited to a Cavok reruitment day in Girona, Spain.

If I were to go to the recruitment day, does that mean my training will be in Spain?

Or is that just where that particular recruitment day is being held, and if successful I get to apply for 3 bases where the training will also be held?

So confusing... I want Bremen base in Germany..!

fanrailuk
9th Feb 2010, 13:08
scoobydoodoo

If your assessment day is in GRO then your training will be held there too, as that is where Cavok will want you to be trained; although you could possibly ask to be trained at another of their training facilities?

According to the posts on here, and from questions I've asked previously, of the 3 bases you request should you be accepted to train, there is only a 70% chance that you will be posted at one of them - it's normally at FR's discretion where they need you!

Hope this helps

PP ;)

Tereza
12th Feb 2010, 14:21
Hi.

I have passed an interview with RA and I will start my training very soon. I have a couple of questions.

1. There should be an another interview the first day. Anybody knows what is that about? Any tests, English or Maths, Group activities? Anything special?

2. ID process. I heard some people waited for the CRB checks for three months...So I wonder as the training lasts 5 weeks we might end up being on hold will no income until we get the ID. Does that happen often? What could we do to speed that process up?

3. I read some bad feadback about New Joiners Allowance. It is worth taking it?

Any help appreciated. Many thanks.

fanrailuk
22nd Feb 2010, 10:08
I start my training on 27 April at St James/Stansted!!

Anyone else on this course?!

PP :)

SueHarley
24th Feb 2010, 01:06
fanrailuk; I start on the 27th April too. Was you at the open day on the 18th?
I'm a little unsure what to do though; I'm a student on £30 a week EMA, I haven't yet got the money for the deposit =/
Xo

scoobydoodoo
4th Mar 2010, 10:43
fanrailuk (http://www.pprune.org/members/314090-fanrailuk), thanks for your reply :ok: I suppose I have to wait for a recruitment day in Germany then, if I want to be based in Bremen-Germany.. Cavok are taking their sweet time in responding to emails :ugh:

AND a BIG congratulations on getting in!! :D

JMsooStyle
8th Mar 2010, 15:04
Hi guys I'm new in this forum. I have an interview with Ryanair next Thursday at Stansted Airport, I will go for find out although I've been apply for others Airline. I guess in case of success completing the training, I will be on summer contract. Does anyone know more information about?I read is from April to October. More important this training course seems to cost 850GBP for new seasonal contracts 250GBP to pay as deposit and then 150GBP deducted every month for 4 months to cover the rest 600GBP is it right? thank you for informations

Spanish_D
12th Mar 2010, 18:13
Anyone could give me advise on ryanair's interview??? I have to go this Tuesday the 16th of march in Rush(dublin) and i am a bit nervous as its the first time i apply for this type of job. I am in college at the moment studying travel & tourism and all my teachers say that its the company with the best training but now im reading so many bad things about it.....
And, its there any base in the north of spain, as i am from Asturias and i dont know if Santander is a base...??????
thanks people

cTcPilot
9th Apr 2010, 14:46
My Sister has applied for a job with Dalmac for the contract work with Ryanair as a Air Hostess. I told her I would get some information of this site as she is not a member.
Here are some of the questions :

1) What is the Roster situation like? AM and PM it says on the website but could some one please elabirate on the working hours, ie, What are the normal shift patterns and how many sectors on average would most people do a day?

2) Pay?

3) What is the hardest part(duty) about the job itself when on board the aircraft?

4) Ive noticed myself that at first you will be a contracter! Like the Contract pilots for Brookfields(FR), does that mean cabin crew are able to claim back the VAT that they have paid for the training course, ID's, Uniform etc.

Many Thanks guys.:cool:

JETH
10th Apr 2010, 18:33
hey guys, I have been accepted to do a cabin crew training for Ryan Air, but I'm not really sure about it, what I would like to know is if I shall get the job after finishing the course, cos I would spend my whole budget in paying the deposit and the accommodation for the 6 weeks of the course...thanks

JETH
10th Apr 2010, 18:37
were you last Thursday in St James??? they accepted me as well, I'm not really sure but I want to do it anyway cos I think is a great experience, but I would really want to know if they give the job after the course...:}

savicio
16th Apr 2010, 13:54
Hello, I'm an Italian boy, I was called by CAVOK as flight attendant for Ryanair, the selections will be in Madrid on 29th April, some of you will be there for the selections? Hello everyone!

anne123
26th Apr 2010, 13:56
Hey im going to the assessemnt day as well on the 29th of April first time in Spain goshhh lol ....Im french from Lyon by the way

Air Ronan
26th Apr 2010, 20:31
I am currently cabin crew for ryanair!!

i started out with them about this time last year and i will admit if you want the experience go for it, but please be advised that your financial and physical position will be messy!!

i had fun with ryanair for my 1st 6 months then after they cut your hours, lower your pay start giving you letters about ****.. eg: i have no lates or sicks and no shows but they tried to pick on me by sending me letters about my average spend etc..

in general i think its only worth it for experience but please dont even consider becoming no.1 or excelling your carreer in ryanair.. just got to another airline!!!

me.. Im leaving the company as i have been acepted to work for a long haul carrier!!

good luck!!!

p.s. don't become a number 1 or stay for 3 years!!!

its degrading!!

dannye92
10th Aug 2010, 21:47
headin in for an open day with Crewlink in Dublin next Tuesday(17th) any advice?

Dan

cheekydee
10th Sep 2010, 13:35
Hi guys, I have completed the online application for Ryanair through st james, 4 times, I have emailed them after not hearing anything. Still have not heard a thing. Has any one else had this problem? If so what did you do? :confused: I cant find an address or telephone number to contact them direct. Any help would be great, thanks:)

ashlea
15th Sep 2010, 19:25
Pathetic how the crew and management at Ryanair are taking cheap shots at each other.. at the expense of themselves, and at the expense of the cabin crew. Is the airline really that fragmented and catty?

Ryanair pilot: 'replace boss with flight attendant' | Metro.co.uk (http://www.metro.co.uk/news/840888-ryanair-pilot-replace-boss-with-flight-attendant)

What really got my attention was the comment about the supposed training fee for cabin crew..

Ryanair's contract cabin crew providers charge new recruits for the cost of their training – 3000 euros in fact.'

That can't be accurate, right?! :sad:

VS-LHRCSA
15th Sep 2010, 21:07
Sounds about right. From what I understand, it is paid by direct debit over a number of months. I'm sure someone who works for them can confirm this.

Why would you think it was untrue?

ashlea
16th Sep 2010, 04:02
That is CRAZY-ridiculous.. insane amount of green to join an airline. Bloodsuckers. :oh:

DarrenM84
9th Nov 2010, 23:22
I am considering applying through St James.

I was wondering if anyone else has been through this process or if St James are quite new to the Ryanair recruitment procedure?

Thanks in advance.

wonnafly
29th Nov 2010, 06:50
Does anyone decide to enjoy the Madrid training in January???

Please let me know:ok:

kokk
8th Dec 2010, 22:50
Hi :)
Have any of you also been accepted onto the training course which starts on the 18th of January in Madrid? Please contact me then, I'm searching for someone to share appartment with ;)

Or join the facebook group: Madrid DALMAC TRAINING COURSE 18.01.2011 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/home.php?sk=group_172012349497511)

We should be in touch :ok:

General Nick
25th Feb 2011, 20:10
[TEXT SPEAK]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Anthony85
25th Mar 2011, 19:47
Hi ,who else is attending the St James assesment day thursday 31st of March 2001 ?

Anthony

Anthony85
29th Mar 2011, 10:36
Here's an update Assesment day on the 31st of March for st james for ryanair
Answer the next day
Training courses start on the 19th of April 2011
See ya

SS10
29th Mar 2011, 17:11
Can anybody tell me if its worth my girlfriend applying for St James. Only Liverpool base would be suitable.

Also is the course carried out only in Stansted and do you get paid whilst on the course?

Are you guaranteed a job at the end of the course and how likely are you to get your chosen base?

Would current Ryanair employees advise it, or is it really as bad as its reputation for T's & C's?

Sorry about all the questions but im trying to work out whats best for my girlfriend and whether its worth her quitting her current career.

Thanks

SS10

atmosphere
29th Mar 2011, 18:09
SS10

from what I know, your girlfriend will not be paid during the training, and your base is allocated to you at the end of training, I am sure they look at your requested base, however the needs of the business comes first for Ryanair.

Atmosphere

SS10
7th Apr 2011, 22:26
My girlfriend has an interview next week for
St James.

Any advice/tips would be very very very appreciated!

Thanks chaps

collaudatore
15th Apr 2011, 21:25
Hi guys, I was called for my assessment next May for Dalmac, anyone can tell me what are most frequent asked questions during the interview?
What will the english exam (written) consist of?

Many thanks.