PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Not another b!oody PPL diary...

michaelthewannabe
20th Apr 2007, 17:58
Dear all,

http://www.mp-technical.com/ftd/

:}

Ignore or read as you please - it's for my benefit regardless of whether anyone else finds it useful. When I actually manage to get airborne, I'll also contribute updates to mazzy1026's legendary PPL diary thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138022).

Best regards, and happy flying!

mtw

WALSue
20th Apr 2007, 20:15
Looks like you are having the same luck I'm having with lessons being cancelled, although at least Ive got in 2 full hours :)
Good luck!!

michaelthewannabe
20th Apr 2007, 20:33
cheers, WALSue! One cancellation out of one attempt isn't really statistically useful, but it'll be interesting to see what the lesson cancellation hit rate works out as.

Good luck to you too!

WALSue
21st Apr 2007, 21:28
I've had two days of bad weather out of 4 booked days but one of those bad weather days was spent doing repeats of the pre-flight checks.
Next lesson is Wednesday and so far the weather looks good :)

michaelthewannabe
12th May 2007, 16:39
woohoo! I got airborne again - after five consecutive cancellations!

http://mp-technical.com/ftd/?cat=1

:)

WALSue
13th May 2007, 11:47
5 cancelled lessons on the run - thats good going!!
Mine yesterday was called off yesterday.
I'll have to keep a check on your blog

michaelthewannabe
13th May 2007, 11:57
cheers, WALSue!

Not great weather in the UK at the moment, is it? Hopefully it'll settle down into something more summery soon so you can go flying again.

But in the meantime, I'm off to Jerez this afternoon - 25 degrees CAVOK :)

G4FKK
13th May 2007, 18:32
Dear mtw,

I learnt to fly at the Surrey & Kent club at Biggin Hill. My instructor managed to get himself a job at Jerez and pulled out all the stops to get me trained before he and his family moved over there. I passed the skills test four or five weeks after he left. His initials are DB (his surname's great for a pilot), and, if you cross trails with him, I'd be grateful if you could pass on my thanks and regards and let him know that, ironically, I moved to Spain myself just after getting the PPL last September.

Best,

Martin.

mazzy1026
14th May 2007, 07:48
Why thank you for the mention ;)

Enjoy the training........

Maz :ok:

michaelthewannabe
15th May 2007, 07:00
hey G4KK.

I'm not aware of anyone with those initials at the school/club I'm using in Jerez (Fly-in-Spain). My guess is that your ex-instructor went to Flight Training Europe, the large integrated commercial FTO based next-door at Jerez.

cheers,
mtw

G4FKK
15th May 2007, 16:59
Ah yes, you're right. Still, you may very well find him in a bar there somewhere :) Same message if so.

Cheers,

Martin.

hellozerohellozero
26th Jun 2007, 14:30
Hey Martin - fancy finding you here ! Are you managing to do any flying outta madrid? (I find a lot of old foggies I used to fly right hand seat lurking on this board!) - regards fm 9v1 Flo

G4FKK
26th Jun 2007, 16:07
Blimey! Hello Flo!

As soon as I get some free time here I intend to do some flying from Cuatro Vientos. I share an office with a guy who's Grandfather's Brother invented the autogiro. His Son's an instructor at CV so should be possible to sort something out I imagine.

Saw you on EchoLink on Sunday but I imagine you were fast a'kip.

Catch you later.

73 MC