PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's Insurance Policies

MajorYaw
17th Apr 2007, 17:37
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this question, but I'm looking for answers from many pilots, not just the people who are connected to the scheme I'm entering.

I'm looking for information about UK insurance policies that cover professional pilots. Who are the insurers and what is being covered, and possibly the costs involved?

These are the following types of cover that I'm interested in (including , where possible, cover for death as a result of flying as a pilot/co-pilot/non-fare paying PAX):

Life insurance
Personal accident insurance
Critical illness cover
Loss of class 1 medical cover
Travel insuranceCan anyone tell me about companies to look at who can provide any or all of the above so I can look at quotes please?

Any advice on exclusions, clauses etc that a newbie like me wouldn't be aware of, and any other general insurance advice as a pilot would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

n90bar
17th Apr 2007, 19:53
If you try looking at the British Airline Pilots Association website (BALPA) that should point you in the right direction. Try running a search on Pprune to - i know this has been discussed before.

parabellum
17th Apr 2007, 23:31
Your best bet is to find a good insurance broker and let him do the work for you!

MajorYaw
18th Apr 2007, 07:54
Thanks for the input guys. Just about to check out BALPA now.