PDA

View Full Version : Ingatestone (Hardings Farm)

Nipper2
16th Apr 2007, 20:57
Does anyone have any details of a private strip that I believe is known as Ingatestone (Hardings Farm) located 4 miles SW of Chelmsford?

Mariner9
17th Apr 2007, 08:23
Don't know that one, but I expect the guy who runs the Brock Farm strip between Ingatestone and Billericay will prolly know. Will PM his details if it helps.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
17th Apr 2007, 12:35
When i made inquiries in the late 80s, it was owned by a businessman who kept an Aztec there. I got the impression that it was a 'private' strip not open to visitors unless by invite.. It's a bu66er to find by road!

bar shaker
17th Apr 2007, 19:22
The only strip I know of in Ingatestone (I live in Chelmsford) is owned by the owner of a multi billion pound international construction company.
Its very private.

Brock Farm, Ingatestone Lane, Stock accepts visitors. The owner is Bob Napp and is very friendly.

G-APDK
19th Apr 2007, 07:36
About 18 months ago I was speaking with the owner of a N-registered Stearman who was looking at putting in a strip at his home near Ingatestone. From what I recall that would have been in the vicinity of Hardings Farm. I am not sure if he completed the strip as runway length he had available was marginal for his Stearman. The Stearman was certainly still kept at Brock Farm last summer.