PDA

View Full Version : Working at TC

G-NICK
14th Apr 2007, 10:19
Hello, Me again!

Quick question from a wannabe:

If after qualifiying I was posted to work at LTCC, how many positions would I be expected to work? For example, would I just work LAM or would I also have to know how BNN works as well? Hope the question makes sence.

Nick

wizad
14th Apr 2007, 16:26
nick.

if you were on north bank you would validate on LAM, NW DEPS, NE DEPS and BNN.

for south: WILLO, SW DEPS, OCK, BIG, TIMBA, SE LOW.

those are the 2 core sectors.... others such as midlands, east and capital also have more than one seat to validate on. and yes you would seat all the positions within a sector on validation day. youre not much use if all you can do is BNN... and you would be bored stupid.

W

Lomon
14th Apr 2007, 19:52
From what I have been led to believe (going through the process myself) almost every new recruit to NATS will end up at Swanwick first. (I myself want Atlantic House or nPC)

trainee101
14th Apr 2007, 22:18
Swanwick is by no means a given as lots of people have found out recently. Due to all the changes taking place everywhere the posting system has changed quite a bit. The balance of power is shifting a bit with Manchester and Scottish getting people straight from the college, so don't presume anything!! I'm sure lots of poor souls will second this!!

G-NICK
15th Apr 2007, 12:42
Thanks for your help

Talkdownman
15th Apr 2007, 14:59
G-NICK, just avoid Thames.....if you can........:eek:

Dizzee Rascal
15th Apr 2007, 15:03
G-NICK, just avoid Thames.....if you can........
Were we really that bad to deal with TDM??:ok: :E

tired-flyboy
15th Apr 2007, 18:34
Don't forget about LOREL on the north bank.!

I believe at the mo that the new peeps at TC are being posted to LACC and then detached to TC.

So BNN, NW, NE, LOREL, LAM and Coord!

Lomon
15th Apr 2007, 19:41
That would be nice. I mentioned to the HR people at CTC that I would like to go to Scottish if I was successful and they were the ones who told me almost everyone would be going to LACC first ( I did ask as I thought theu would need more ppl up North with all the changes that are planned in the future)

5milesbaby
15th Apr 2007, 21:03
Believe that anyone destined for LACC or LTCC will be all posted to Swanwick and then detatched to LTCC as tired-flyboy says so that they don't have to be re-located back when TC comes south. Also heard that those posted to LACC will be sitting in the sims for a 'few' months doing an 'intro' course while we learn all about i-FACTs, anyone else heard that??

foghorn
16th Apr 2007, 20:51
Correct, all trainees posted to TC from the beginning of 2007 are actually posted to LACC, are on temporary detachment to TC and receive mileage from LACC to TC until the move (£27-ish per shift for a petrolhead).