PDA

View Full Version : PPL theory Exams

miket_68
12th Apr 2007, 22:03
HI all.

Not sure if this is the right forum if it is not I appologise.

Having spent a while searching the forums as a voyeur so I thought I would ask my 2nd question.

I started my PPL(A) in October 05, passing my Airlaw on the 4th October 05. I finished my PPL(A) theory 22nd October 2006. I blame the good weather, more flying than studying. I have as yet not passed my PPL(A), weather aircraft availability along with examiner availability being some of my problems.

We to compound it all I started my PPL(H) in Feb 2007 solo'd Friday 6th April. Looking at Lasors I am a bit confused (as are most ffrom some of the posts). If I complete my PPL(A) then I can just take 2 further exams relating to the heli side before taking my GFT(H).

What happens if I am still unable to take my PPL(A) test before I am ready to take my PPL(H) test. If I take the 2 exams for the helicopter side, do they have to be taken before 18 months after the 1st exam, (10th April) just gone.

I only started the Heli course as I couldnt fly fixed wing (wx, a/c and examiners), but I now find rotary more fun and I am not looking to be an airline pilot but think Instructing could be my way forward.

Or should I just get the GFT(A) out of the way and then concentrate on the PPL(H) ?

Please be gentle with me.

Thanks.

Mike