PDA

View Full Version : Pawnee Rating

brakpanner
10th Apr 2007, 17:54
does any one know where i can get a pawnee tug rating ? i am really keen on flying one of these

Kit d'Rection KG
10th Apr 2007, 18:12
Errr, if you find an opportunity to do some tugging in one, for a gliding club, who will be relying on you to be serious about turning up and doing the flying, properly, then they'll probably check you out in it - if you've got the right credentials to start with (probably, but not necessarily, including a Silver C or similar).

If you're just after a check-out and a quick thrill, then please don't waste a gliding clubs valuable time and resources...

Them thar hills
10th Apr 2007, 18:15
B
You'll first have to do a tailwheel conversion if you've no tailwheel experience, and then find someone who has a Pawnee !
Whether it'll ever have a glider in tow is another matter entirely !
TTH

stray10level
11th Apr 2007, 09:22
brakpanner,
if you are in yorkshire, try going down to Pocklington(10miles S.E of York on the A1070) they tow with one and are a really friendly club. As for using their valuable resources, i am sure a wad of cash would soften the blow:ok:

BlueRobin
11th Apr 2007, 19:16
The Pawnee has a large engine and a single seat. I would plan a route that converts you from the tailwheel differences training, then some hours flying tailwheel, then to a two-seater with high torque then discuss the Pawnee. Whoever sends you off solo will want to know they are getting the machine back :)