PDA

View Full Version : Term times at college

ben-vrs
10th Apr 2007, 10:56
hello all,

just a quick question to clarify something

i've seen that whilst training at college, we still get our holiday entitlement for the year, just wondering if anyone can tell me how it is organised. Are there set weeks of the year that it closes etc?

thanks

TCRed
10th Apr 2007, 11:04
ben-vrs

Whilst at the college you get holiday between courses, usually about a week, maybe less. Other then that don't expect to take holiday during courses, unless you have exceptional circumstances eg.wedding (your own!).

Good Luck

ben-vrs
10th Apr 2007, 11:07
thanks for the reply

i assumed that it wouldnt be possible to actually book holiday (my wedding is in 26 days, so before i start)

Does the college not close at Christmas etc?

SilentHandover
10th Apr 2007, 11:08
You are told at the start of each course when holidays are due to be, each course has holidays at different times. All holidays come with a caveat that they may be changed at short notice due to many various reasons including student sickness or simulators breaking down.

Edited to add:
Damn beaten to it!! You do not get special leave for weddings, believe me I am getting married on saturday during my course, I finish classes at 16:15 on friday, get married on saturday and then am back at college 08:15 monday morning. To be fair though I have not asked for special leave but I am pretty sure of the answer I'd get if I were to ask for it :)

Dances with Boffins
17th Apr 2007, 13:14
Christmas? Don't impose your "Christian" holidays on us! We take holidays when WE want!:*
Actually, there is continued debate on the "Christmas Break" at Hurn. I wouldn't count on anything other than standard Bank Holidays [Boxing Day and Christmas Day]. There has historically been a hiatus in training between Christmas and New Year, but economic pressures point to this becoming a thing of the past.
Have a good wedding.:ok:

SH - we could close down the entire course so you can poke off for yer nuptuals, but you'd have to foot the bill! Maybe you could get a recourse on medical grounds by pleading "temporary insanity"?

ben-vrs
17th Apr 2007, 13:18
tbh in my current job i dont get any time off for christmas etc, so anything is better than nothing

thanks for the reply....wedding is only 19 days away now

radar707
17th Apr 2007, 13:46
Guy on my course got a couple of days special leave for his honeymoon.