PDA

View Full Version : SID Altitudes/ cricling approach

westinghouse
10th Apr 2007, 06:39
hi,

got a couple of questions which are bit confusing. was wondering if you could help.

suppose one was to take off on a SID which has an altitude constraint at way point along the departure. ( for example at or below 2000ft)
if atc cancells the sid and takes you on a hdg are you expected to maintain the altitude of 2000ft eventhough your not on the sid?
how abt in weather when you deviate on a hdg does the constraint still apply?

got another q regarding circling to land approach which we practice in the sim. when you comence the approach the go around procedure will be the one applicable for the approach your carrying out. but when you circle the go around procedure changes to the runway you intend to land on. at which point does this procedure change? is at after levelling off and turning base or is it when your turn finals to land on the runway?

thnx.

BOAC
10th Apr 2007, 08:25
AFAIK, this question has been covered many times ('Search'?). I believe the answer has been - unless the altitude retsriction is RE-STATED with the revised clearance it does not apply......................BUT commonsense/airmanship says 'ASK' if you need to!

In the UK (don't know about the US) I believe it to be standard procedure to ALWAYS follow the IAP go-round.

I do, of course, stand (sit) to be corrected.:)

Say Again, Over!
10th Apr 2007, 11:17
In Canada, the only missed approach to follow is the one described for the instrument approach you just flew. If you started to circle and get back into the clag, you aim for the center of the airport and follow the missed approach instructions. In Canada.

I can only restate what BOAC said about restrictions: If in doubt ask!

SAO