PDA

View Full Version : Leeds Bradford - No Capital Group

FullyFlapped
9th Apr 2007, 20:02
I'm considering setting up a no-capital group around my Turbo Centurion, which is currently based at Leeds Bradford, mainly because I don't have the time at present to use it as often as it should be. This is a fast plane, with great load-carrying capability - an excellent VFR/IFR tourer.

I haven't worked any details out yet, but I'm not interested in selling shares : so there certainly won't be any capital involved, just monthly and/or wet fees - all this can be sorted out in due course if I can find the right people to get involved.

I'm only looking for a maximum of 4 or 5 people, so if you're interested drop me a PM and I'll be in touch. Please note that there will be minimum experience requirements, and that this plane just doesn't suit a very low hours/inexperienced pilot.

FF :ok:

Pilotdom
9th Apr 2007, 20:22
Shame i would have been well interested if it wasnt for the minimum hours requirements.

flybymike
9th Apr 2007, 23:35
Would be interested to hear how you get on FF. We have had a share for sale in our LBA based turbo C206 for some time, but very little interest.
Mike

FullyFlapped
10th Apr 2007, 00:31
I'll let you know, Mike. I'm not looking to sell shares, so ....

flybymike
10th Apr 2007, 00:35
The trouble with the big turbo Cessnas is not the capital, its the running costs! Good luck anyway, and send any who want a fixed gear short field version of the same aeroplane down to my end of the hangar!

tiggermoth
10th Apr 2007, 16:22
Do you think you would have the bird flying enough hours for a no capital group if htere was a maximum of four or five people. A number of no-capital groups have around twenty in them.

Sounds a lovely idea though, but well out of my league.

javelin
10th Apr 2007, 19:13
Personally, I would be very, very careful who I let loose on a turbocharged Continental !

Make sure they know all the pitfalls because if they blow it up, they won't have the downside ouch from a rebuild invoice :sad:

The big problem comes when you charge something by the hour and the 'member' wants to shortcut the warm up and cool down - mind you, with the problems of even getting airborne at LBA sometimes, it should at least have time to warm up :E

ROV
15th Apr 2007, 02:00
I am already in an syndicate based in North Yorkshire and don`t really want to change, but would like some time in a c206. 5 - 10 hrs.
Do you think this is feasible? It could be dual . I have 340hrs tt 60 odd complex.

flybymike
15th Apr 2007, 11:35
Rov, see your PM's.

Unfortunately the link I posted on the PM is incorrect. For further info on the aircraft go to www.empirics.plus.com

FullyFlapped
15th Apr 2007, 15:26
Ah well, Mike, at least one of us will get something out of this thread !! :ugh:

flybymike
15th Apr 2007, 23:11
FF Sorry, Didn't mean to Hi Jack your thread!. See your PM's

Mike

FullyFlapped
16th Apr 2007, 10:24
;) No probs Mike- see your PMs too.

S-Works
16th Apr 2007, 11:00
What ever you dont charge by tacho time, charge take off to landing. The problem with charging tacho on a turbo is people rush the warm up and cool down to save money and thats when the damage happens.

We had problems on the twin with the same thing, switched to take-off to landing and the problems virtually vanished. You will find that as people or paying airborne time they are actually very honest and in a small group it is easy to put checks in place to ensure that no one is being dishonest.

flybymike
17th Apr 2007, 10:10
Perhaps I am being naive here, but why on earth would any pilot want to mismanage the engine when he has to fly the aeroplane as well?
We as a group have owned several turbocharged aircraft and I don't think the possibilty of engine mismanagement just in order to save few quid before take off or after landing has ever occurred to any of us. All of the taxi time can be logged, We all have to fly the aeroplane, and there is no guarantee that the mismanagement will only result in a problem for the next pilot and not for yourself!