PDA

View Full Version : B206 Start Questions

ptwaugh
9th Apr 2007, 13:31
Hey,

I just want to check my understanding of the B206 start as I'm finalizing the code for a sim version of it, and am not sure of what exactly ignites the fuel.

Basically, I'm wondering if the when the throttle is moved past the idle stop, injecting fuel, if ignitors are on only if the starter button is depressed.

So, if you had the battery on, and did not depress the starter (and assuming a cold engine), opened the fuel valve and opened the throttle past the stop, if the fuel introduced would ignite causing an engine fire.

If not, and you then closed the throttle, how long would you have to wait to push the starter to avoid either a fire, or hot start?

Finally, I'm wondering what the "IGN ENG", and "START ENG" breakers do/control.

Thanks for your input.

Patrick

411A
10th Apr 2007, 03:01
What's a B206?:confused:

parabellum
10th Apr 2007, 06:19
Are you talking about the Bell 206 helicopter with an Allison engine?

If my memory serves me correctly pressing the start button causes electrical power to enable the starter motor to turn the engine, when a satisfactory rotation speed has been obtained the throttle is advanced beyond the stop to introduce fuel which the iginters should now ignite the fuel/air mixture, the engine continues to accelerate until it reaches a self sustaining speed and stabilises. Opening the start valve without having engine rotation probably won't achieve anything much as the engine driven fuel pump won't be turning, I think!

IGN ENG would be the CB that protects the engine ignition/igniters
and Start Eng would be the CB that protects the starter motor, again, I think!

GlueBall
10th Apr 2007, 06:24
If indeed it's a Bell 206 [helicopter], then there is a Forum called Rotorheads :zzz: