PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Europe (Mis)Management. Again.

Smeagel
8th Apr 2007, 20:44
They just cannot help themselves down in Lisbon, can they?

Amidst all the promises of how the 'new' (same all but for one person) management team will be making life better for everyone they just cannot resist slipping into their old habits.

A well respected (by his pilots) fleet manager resigned after several years with the company. Management responded by firing his son who was working in the Operations Department :hmm:

This is also the same management who are doing private deals with Line Training Captains in a bid to stop them resigning at a time when line captains are refusing to accept 'promotion' to training and standards slots.

Good for the LTC's concerned as they are now being paid nearer the industry standard for such work yet for some reason Netjets management deny such deals exist. Well, the director of operations says he doesn't know of such deals which suggests either he is being kept in the dark by his subordinates, has a terrible memory or is (surely not) being economical with the truth.

With this sort of leadership is it any wonder the company lurches from crisis to crisis on a daily basis and the handling agents refer to them as 'Tippex Airlines'?

Still thinking of applying folks? ;)

Smeagel
8th Apr 2007, 22:49
Truth hurts huh?

Interesting that you consider it "drivel" when a company treats employees this way. Care to enlighten us as to why that should be?

If such matters irritate you so much it's simple,don't read the topics. In the meantime I shall, when it suits me, continue to inform the world at large of the comedy of errors that is NJE. If it saves just one poor sod going in there blindfolded it will be worth it. You never know, it might be you.

LB1985
8th Apr 2007, 23:19
handling agents refer to them as 'Tippex Airlines'?
Ah, so somebody has overhead us! :E

Sometimes, NJE seem to be ever so slightly disorganised! Ferry an aircraft in, then ferry it out again. Three people phoning about exactly the same issue simultaneously. Deicing requests when temperature is in positive double figures. How boring working life would be without them to give us something to talk about! :}

box
9th Apr 2007, 08:50
Smeagel, carry on! It's very amusing to hear this even after I have left a while ago - Now I can laugh about it!

trainer too 2
9th Apr 2007, 13:40
Sad sad sad sad posts by a man who started posting 147 times (!!) negatively about NetJets since the day a certain Director of Operations was asked to leave... Go figure :} Get a life and try to be more constructive!

Things have changed for the better dramatically since you left and if you know a Biz aviation company that is: healthy, growing, improved their deal for their pilots dramatically, has a great 6/5 schedule with no call outs on days off, with gateways in every corner of Europe I would like to know.

Can you please let the people who work there tell what it is really like instead of your "I hate the company when I was there years ago and I will keep telling about it for the next century as I am a sad old git":yuk:

FormerFlake
9th Apr 2007, 14:11
Trainer too 2,

The thing is he is correct with the opening post.

Smeagel
9th Apr 2007, 14:23
Yayyyyy!!! Trainer's back!! Been missing you and your rose tinted specs.

Still guessing though I see. Maybe if you did some homework you would note that I was posting long before CM left. Then again accuracy never was one of your strong points, was it? Just spout the company line regardless. Good old Trainer, if nothing else you are consistent.

Can you please let the people who work there tell what it is really like...

Anything for you my old friend. Where shall we start?

1.Would it be with the new, imposed, no-negotiation-or-discussion tax and social contribution deal that was invented by management? As usual the company simply imposes whatever is best for them and the employees can go hang themselves. Shall we ask the French and Scandinavian based crew which way their tax bill went?

2.How about the aforementioned firing of the fleet manager's son? The FM had been in the company a good number of years and was popular with his crew (which was probably why upper management disliked him) so as a reward when he resigned they immediately fired his son who was working in the office. Tell me trainer how does that fit in with.........Things have changed for the better dramatically since you left and if you know a Biz aviation company that is: healthy........ doesn't sound like healthy management to me. More like petty despots throwing their weight around but hey, if that's a system you like you stick with it.

3.Did you hear what happened when the company tried to upgrade some of the pilots to replace the training and standards captains who resigned? Some of them refused. How dare they?! Who are they to ignore the 10% pay bonus for the privilege of being an NJE training captain?

4.Or maybe they know something you don't tt2? Maybe they know all about the special deals management have done with some training captains to keep them. Something like a 50% pay rise plus increased pension contributions and health insurance wasn't it? Of course management deny this when asked but too many people know it to be true and management's history on telling the truth is hardly great, is it?

5.Any news on the company stooge? You know, the one management used to infiltrate the union committee? That raises at least two questions of course. The first, if things are SO great why on earth would anyone feel they need a union? The second, why were the company SO worried at the prospect of a union that they employed a spy and union-busting tactics?

6.Resignations. Approximately 12 since the end of March (crew) not to mention those from the office. Some people have lasted less than a week before walking out in disgust.

7.Noticed how many NJE aircraft spend days parked up at various airports? Couldn't be for lack of crew could it? Surely not!

Behind the scenes it's the same ****fight it always was and this summer will bring it to the surface. Shame some really good people are going to have to hold it together because of the idiots that can't do their jobs properly.

Now,trainer. Instead of responding with your usual 'I know who you are and you're just bitter and twisted and telling lies' how about this time you respond to my points in turn with some facts? I know we tried that before and you ran away but this time I've made it really easy for you by numbering the subjects.

Let's hear it.

spaniel
9th Apr 2007, 15:01
Smeagle,

you have, as always, spouted off in your own charming way, but you dont appear to have answered cjboy's question.

New Kid on the Block
9th Apr 2007, 17:20
Former Flake, I heard on my indoc that the son was not very good and was fired because of this. You work in the office, what is the word on the street?

Smeagel
9th Apr 2007, 18:02
Smeagle,
you have, as always, spouted off in your own charming way, but you dont appear to have answered cjboy's question.

No I haven't, have I?

How remiss of me.

NewKid. Wouldn't that be an amazing coincidence? The company decide Jr is incompetent at exactly the same time Sr resigns? Out of interest who told you this? I'm surprised a manager came anywhere near you all. On GRT's these days often the crew are left in a room, scratching their arse while the various management types who are supposed to come and give their annual pep talks do far more important things like play with their blackberries upstairs.

If we're considering poor performance let's also ask management about all the other poor souls in Lisbon who keep getting strung out on probationary contracts? Just as their probationary period is about to expire, ooops it gets extended.

Now I know some people might require this once in a while but maybe if the company occasionally indulged in something called 'training' then those in Ops, Planning, Catering etc might have the faintest idea of what was expected of them instead of being left to sink or swim.

Mighty convenient that people keep having extended probationary periods, fewer employee rights to confuse the issue.

FormerFlake
9th Apr 2007, 18:11
Former Flake, I heard on my indoc that the son was not very good and was fired because of this. You work in the office, what is the word on the street?

If they sacked everybody at Netjets who was not very good at their job we would have 50% of the staff we have now. You could say that about most companies to be (slightly) fair to Netjets.

It is not for me to comment on the standard of an individuals work, especially as I did not work directly or indirectly with him. But let us be realistic for a minute. He is a young lad (under 20 I believe) who was given no training, virtually no supervision and was never told formally either in writing or verbally that he was not up to standard. Yet he was working in a challenging and ever expanding company that tries to offer the best service to it's owners. Even if his standards were low he should have got, at worst, a formal warning and given time to improve. He had a couple of months left on his contract so it would have been easy to say to him "get your act together or you will not get your contact renewed". The company would have lost nothing as they are legally obliged to pay his wages until the contract expires.

Whether he was good at his job or not, I don't think he was treated fairly. You can all make up your own minds.

south coast
9th Apr 2007, 18:51
Is it actual fact that this guy was fired or is it still hear-say?

onetimeonly
9th Apr 2007, 19:32
Smeagel,
Looks like your spies have got the wrong info - yes DT son was fired but nobody can say it was not coming. What do you expect from a person who managed to flunk out of a private school which is virtually impossible to do and then get a job at Daddy's work place? Then you get kicked out of fthe floor where Dad no longer has any clout (no longer a FM) and get stuck with a job which all you have to do is file paper. But then you decided that you would prefer to listen to your ipod the whole day and oblige the manager to hire somebody else to do the job you are supposed to be doing (and it only takes one person to do it)? Talk about taking the piss - it is amazing he lasted so long!

So Smeagel before you talk about something check your other spies before putting you foot in it - again!

Smeagel
9th Apr 2007, 20:42
Whether he was good at his job or not, I don't think he was treated fairly.

This would imply that he was fired. I was told that he was.

CREAMER
9th Apr 2007, 21:12
Smeagle

I am intrigued as to how you know about the special deals offered to line trainers. Did the management try to keep the deals secret? It would be very naive of them to think that it could be kept secret. If they needed more line trainers then it would be better to advertise it.

bizantin
9th Apr 2007, 21:37
I am afraid, smeagel is right. I understand it is hard for the wannabee and other NJE fans still in the honey moon. Wait a year or two, and you will post the same way as smeagel...for sure. Quote me 2 names of guys in the company for more than 4years still very enthusastic...hard, isn't it?
The potential is there. That is why we are staying, at least myself. However the management is really bad. The problem is that we do not choose our managers. The managers are only the ones who accept to live in Lisbon. And most of the guys join because they want to live where they like!

falconbis
9th Apr 2007, 22:05
for the last position of Citation assistant FM only one application out of 700 Pilots....I confirm the deal for some LTC !

Smeagel
9th Apr 2007, 23:33
I am intrigued as to how you know about the special deals offered to line trainers. Did the management try to keep the deals secret? It would be very naive of them to think that it could be kept secret. If they needed more line trainers then it would be better to advertise it.

As you say secrecy is very rare in this business. Even less so when some of those involved in the deal tell everyone what they are doing and the company (NJE) could not keep a confidence if their very being depended upon it.

It might make sense to publicise the deals and encourage others to take up the positions however in these cases the pay and T&C's agreed are way, way above the normal 10% extra paid to LTC's. More like 50%.

Two LTC's were threatening to leave the same fleet which would have been disastrous. Despite what they say in public some NJE managers are admitting in private that they can barely recruit sufficient crew to replace those resigning let alone cater for expansion. Take both these factors into account and you can see how these pilots were able to broker their own lucrative deals.

Some of those denying it are obviously NJE management or their allies who don't want everyone asking for the same thing. Others don't want to believe it either because they don't have the deal themselves or have yet to hear it from enough sources.

Let's be honest nobody even remotely in favour of NJE wants to believe me, I'm always the bearer of bad news but in all modesty how often have I been wrong? I get accused of being bitter and twisted but does anyone ever counter my points with facts? No, they drift off when the arguments become too specific.

It is also significant that several of the usual pro-NJE people no longer leap to their defense in these threads. Something trainer too 2 and his oppos may want to consider. Perhaps, just perhaps, they now see their management for what they are.

FormerFlake
10th Apr 2007, 01:55
Is it actual fact that this guy was fired or is it still hear-say?

He was fired 100% fact.

joehunt
10th Apr 2007, 09:03
Where's that chap Jenvey when you need him. Hmmm.. very conspicuous by his absence

barista
10th Apr 2007, 14:06
Funny how that happen when there is negative NJ thread and folks agree on bad points. MJ and the Lisboa puppetts allways go missing.

a tale or true
10th Apr 2007, 14:34
Well done onetimeonly, the truth at last! About time the other side of the tale was told. Its been a long time coming !!

Smeagel
10th Apr 2007, 14:58
Smeagel,
Looks like your spies have got the wrong info - yes DT son was fired but nobody can say it was not coming. What do you expect from a person who managed to flunk out of a private school which is virtually impossible to do and then get a job at Daddy's work place? Then you get kicked out of fthe floor where Dad no longer has any clout (no longer a FM) and get stuck with a job which all you have to do is file paper. But then you decided that you would prefer to listen to your ipod the whole day and oblige the manager to hire somebody else to do the job you are supposed to be doing (and it only takes one person to do it)? Talk about taking the piss - it is amazing he lasted so long!

So Smeagel before you talk about something check your other spies before putting you foot in it - again!

How convenient. You sign up to say that? This thread must have come up in the morning meeting. "Who wants to register on PPRuNe and argue this one? (Sound of Director of Ops snoozing in the background)".

Those in the know seem not to agree with you......
I don't think he was treated fairly Nor is FF the only one.

This company has one of the worst records when it comes to treating their staff badly. Summary dismissal is all too familiar as the record shows. So what should we believe? The many examples of piss poor management, dismissals and court cases or the pop-up naysayers? The company hardly helps itself when it comes to making that decision, does it?

onetimeonly
10th Apr 2007, 18:27
Is that all you have to say Smeagel? - it sucks to be shown wrong does it not?
Most of what you post here usually has little truth, but then it would become boring proving that you still get everything back-to-front. You are almost as bad as the postmaster - and if you know so much about NJE, then you should know who I am referring to.

Smeagel
10th Apr 2007, 19:38
Is that all you have to say Smeagel? - it sucks to be shown wrong does it not?

It might. However....

The thing is he is correct with the opening post.

I confirm the deal for some LTC !
I am afraid, smeagel is right.

Yep, you got me :hmm:

trainer too 2
10th Apr 2007, 21:11
Dear Smeagel
I work for a company that is changing dramatically for the better and they already were one of the better ones around. After having spend a lot of time at RYR and other outfits it is a breath of fresh air to work for a proper company that is great to work for and is constantly working on putting things right.
At NJE I work with great collegues who are working on making a difference it is sad that the same pathetic individual is attacking a company time after time. There are and ALWAYS will be things that can be better as is in any company.
It is sad that I have not read a single positive statement from you.
I stopped responding to your remarks as:
Every few months for three years now you claim that everybody is leaving and every single time you have been proofed wrong. Yes people have left as the terms were not the best and guess what: the terms have improved.
Every time that a manager changes positionm, is fired etc you claim it as a total burn down of the organisation. Guess what the organisation has gone from strength to strenght and since a year ago it is fun to be in LIS again.
On top of that the company has changed all contracts from off shore to onshore and is working on tax issues with the 20% of countries that have outdated pre EU double taxing bilaterals so that all crew are better off.
So I go back to one question I have: Do you know one single Biz Av company that has been pro actively in improving it's terms, communicates with it's crew openly, has a fixed schedule and allows you to live anywere?
There are nearly 600 of flying and more than 400+ in LIS who make a decent living out of great company and it is sad that the same people are negative about the same thing time after time without ANY constructive critism..

Q1 see notes on improved contract. 80% is better off the other 20% will follow
Q2 the FM is dealing with it himself as a private issue.
Q3 the figure was much higher 6000 of the 600 people accepted at lower pay (or am I doing the same fact bending as Smeagel now? I did hear it from the coffe lady at Sion who was talking to the guy refuelling)
Q4 this deal was not part of the major contract change yet. But hey if Smeagel was the CEO he would have changed not only the regular pay deal in a month but ALSO changed the tax billaterals between Swedenm and Portugal and France and the UK too AND every side contract all in one go as Smeagel is soooooooo smart (Smeagel's response will be: so you agree that there is a problem and all management are stupid)
Q5 Hahahahahahaha, we are unhappy about terms and think about a union: Terms are improved and our union plans die. That is sneaky management indeed: management agreeing to our term changes and taking away our main problems after independent consultation of the crew. Oooohhh wait the HR people who got our terms and who published ALL there findings were spies too!!!
Q6 Hahahaha figures wrong again: 600 resigned and some went out after one second. Please get you figures correct!
And answer to question number 7: You will see more and more aircraft being parked as that is part of the business model we only fly them 4 to 5 hours a day. There will be 24 more airplanes parked at an airfield near you in this year alone as the fleet grows to 140!
PS 150 plus negative posts about one subject!! Shows the narrow view you have of the world!

FormerFlake
10th Apr 2007, 22:18
Looks like your spies have got the wrong info - yes DT son was fired but nobody can say it was not coming. What do you expect from a person who managed to flunk out of a private school which is virtually impossible to do and then get a job at Daddy's work place? Then you get kicked out of fthe floor where Dad no longer has any clout (no longer a FM) and get stuck with a job which all you have to do is file paper. But then you decided that you would prefer to listen to your ipod the whole day and oblige the manager to hire somebody else to do the job you are supposed to be doing (and it only takes one person to do it)? Talk about taking the piss - it is amazing he lasted so long!Did you really just join PPrune to just to slate an individual?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt just to keep things pleasant. Lets just assume the the person in question was as bad as you state. What sort of company gives a job to a young person, as you imply, just because their father is a FM? What sort of company gives a young school drop out a job without formal training? What sort of companies manger do not supervise such a person when they are clearly so bad? What sort of company allows, what you claim to be a bad worker, to continue working at the company when he is so clearly bad at his job for so long? What sort of management who, as you imply, know how bad this employee is make him responsible for the basic training of the person who is hired to help him do his easy job?

Even if, and I mean if, you are 100% correct there is a long list of failures from the management that you conveniently ignore.

trainer too 2,

Sorry, but you do you even work for NetJets?

So I go back to one question I have: Do you know one single Biz Av company that has been pro actively in improving it's terms

By pro actively you mean hold a employee survey in order to find out what was so obvious and only then react?

I work for a company that is changing dramatically for the better

It is playing catch up. Fair, legal and equal contracts, training and not sacking people over one mistake they are alleged to have made are simple standards you would expect any company to follow.

There are and ALWAYS will be things that can be better as is in any company.

There is a limit to how long this obvious statement can hold true. The problem is why were thing so bad in the first place? If those thing still exist, and they do, how can things change?

There are nearly 600 of flying and more than 400+ in LIS who make a decent living out of great company and it is sad that the same people are negative about the same thing time after time without ANY constructive critism.

There are people making lots of money, there are also plenty of people who are paid peanuts and are kept on temporary contracts for nearly 2 years. It is these new and junior people who have the highest workload and can be sacked for no reason. I wont state figures for the number of people sacked from NetJets over the last few years on an open forum as I am sure you can find out.

Why is the company having problems recruiting aircrew and office staff is the can make " a decent living out of great company"?

The employee survey allowed many of us to make constructive comments and a lot of us took the time to do it (although many were too scared of getting the sack to take part). We have all read the reports from the survey and are waiting for the constructive comments to be actioned. The ball is firmly in the managements court and has been for 6 months.

You will see more and more aircraft being parked as that is part of the business model we only fly them 4 to 5 hours a day. There will be 24 more airplanes parked at an airfield near you in this year alone as the fleet grows to 140!

And just who is going to fly them?

Smeagel
10th Apr 2007, 22:52
You came from RYR? ANYTHING would be a step up from that. No wonder you are so easily pleased.

I have said before that things were improving (which scuppers your assertion that I never say anything possible but hey, never let the truth get in the way eh?) but there is a long, long way to before they get it right and recent behaviour shows that Lisbon just cannot break their old habits.

There are some great people in the company who mean well but are stymied by a few in strategic positions who are fighting to maintain their little fiefdoms. If only these few could be removed then a real effort could be made. Without doubt morale has improved and on the whole many people enjoy going to work but until the few remaining incompetents are removed their efforts will have only limited effect.

How is it CR said that he did not know of special deals with LTC's? Is he being kept in the dark or denying it for other reasons? Suely those below him in the food chain wouldn't be lying to him would they? How many LTC's have given up emailing the Training Department about various issues because they never get a reply?

Speak to the fbo's and other outsiders that deal with the company and they will tell you how chaotic things still are. There was a post in this very thread (now deleted) saying just that.

Idle aircraft. I know just how the aircraft work in NJE, I was flying them for longer than you. The ones I was referring to are those that sit there for days, they can't all be tech surely?

Companies offering better deals? There are many. By its nature the business has many small fleets and one aircraft operations a lot of whom have far better T&C and treat their crew better than Netjets. Your experience is limited to ONE company which you found better than Ryanair:hmm: The bizjet world is a small and tightknit one and Netjets is not a part of it. Generally speaking the only NJE crew who know about it are those who worked there before.

Contracts also vary from aircraft to aircraft but people I know have recently joined companies like Jet Aviation, TAG and a variety of smaller operators all of whom will fly you in and out for your tours. You'll deny this of course but given your limited view of the outside world I would expect that.

Q1. Why must the 20% wait? Why could it not have been organised properly in the first place by discussion, negotiation and reason? Because that is not how Netjets work. They impose changes as and when it suits them, have done for years.

Q2. Oh how convenient, you don't want to talk about it. That's alright then:rolleyes:

Q3. "..6000 of the 600.." What are you talking about? Line pilots refused to be 'upgraded' to LTC's and Standards Captains. What on earth has your response to do with that?

Q4. Instead of an answer you post rambling gibberish. Interesting tactic. The fact remains that the company were held to ransom by resigning LTC's and did an 'interesting' deal to retain them. Others here and in the outside world (I have spoken to one of the companies wishing to employ one of the pilots) confirm this yet still you ignore the point.

Q5. More rambling. I appreciate that English is not your first language but please make the effort. Those with the balls to stand up and introduce some form of representation took great personal risk and to a certain extent it paid off. That does not change the fact that the company felt compelled to plant their people in the union/representation camp. I say again (because you've ignored it) if the company were as good as you claim why should it be worried about the prospect of a union? Why would the employees even feel the need for one? I appreciate however that those coming from Ryanair would be more than hapy.

Q6. There you go again. I quote specifics such as 12 resignations and staff quitting after a week and you respond with rubbish. Why could this be? Because you either don't possess the information yourself, or don't want people to know? I suspect both.

Q7. See above. Aircraft sitting in the same place for 5 days are there as part of the company master plan? You crack me up.

Obfuscation and gibberish. A typical trainer response. Keep it coming though, you just serve to prove my points.

onetimeonly
11th Apr 2007, 00:29
The last time I saw such selective pieces of text to try to prove a point must of being when the US were trying to prove that WMD existed.
Smeagel you could at least use your own words...You know it is a pity you no longer with us - it was sometimes amusing seeing you live in your own world.

onetimeonly
11th Apr 2007, 00:34
Formerflake - You know very well that crazy things happen in NJE - I do believe that when DT asked for his son to have a job NJE gave him the benifit of the doubt. As to why did they leave it so long - well to this I don't know the anwser.
Training? Training? What sort of training do you need to file paper? What, do you need somebody to tell you that: No IPod during the whole day is no no. No you dont just surf the net and send emails all day, and yes your job is to file the ever growing stack of paper. Am I missing something.
I am not having a go at DT son but the situation was taking the piss and also a complete lack of respect for those who do work their butts off.

FormerFlake
11th Apr 2007, 09:53
ou know very well that crazy things happen in NJEBut why? Why do crazy things keep happening?

What sort of training do you need to file paper?The company is legally obliged to give each employee 4 days training a year. If he was as bad at it all as you emply then clearly he did need some training and it was not given.

No you dont just surf the net and send emails all dayI could list some Team Leaders and Supervisors who are just as guilty of that. They are protected by permanent contracts though.

This is not a one off event. No one expects miracles and bumper pay packets (although it would be nice). We just want to be treated fairly and honestly. We all need training, we all need to be managed properly and if things are not working out the company needs to start issueing formal warnings and give people a chance to improve before they are fired. We all have bad days, we all make mistakes sometimes a kick up the arse is all people need to put them back on track. Whether young Mr T deserved the boot or not does not negate the negative effect all this has had on the many people who are on temporary contracts. All these people will now be spending more time watching their backs than on what they are supposed to be doing. It is a simple fact that the only way you can watch you arse and keep moving at the same time is to move backwards. We all need to be moving forwards.

SENFLYER
11th Apr 2007, 12:47
In my experience changing the flying programme at 22.00 then at 01.00, 02.00, 03.00 and then a crew arriving at the FBO without notice at 0330 with an aircraft stuck at the back of the stand behind the other 8 aircraft that were supposed to go first is always a good way to run an operation :\

The sympathy for the crew is there but the good will for the operator left a week after they moved to the FBO.:ugh:

bizantin
12th Apr 2007, 07:47
Hi Senflyer,

Thanks for your support towards the crew who have nothing to do with that mess. I fully understand how painful can those changes be. Most of the FBOs hate working with NJE (only the boss looks happy but wait, they keep changing FBOs everywhere all the time).
I must say, the support from the FBOs is of great help and most of them are doing a fantastic job coping with the mess

Smeagel
13th Apr 2007, 22:24
But Smeagel, you still haven't answered my question...

I know. Don't you hate it when that happens?

FourGreenNoRed
14th Apr 2007, 10:01
Why did the FM get layed off? Because he was too popular? Dont think so . . . Any takers or second hand rumours?

space pig
15th Apr 2007, 14:03
SMEAGEL:This is also the same management who are doing private deals with Line Training Captains in a bid to stop them resigning at a time when line captains are refusing to accept 'promotion' to training and standards slots.

I have been busy for a while, but NOT to my suprise, nothing has changed, people been fired as they please..........

They do not only try to keep the current linetrainers, but are also doing deals with the ones that have left.....................!!!

When I left I was so bloody fed up with them and the way I was treated, that I told them this in clear language.

To my suprise, I was approached recently if I wanted to come back, they had changed they said , I got my seniority back (in the top 50) and could choose the type an negotiate my salary. They said they were in "great need", read "desperate" of experienced linetrainers...

but me , and all the others, are NOT coming back guys, not for a million.

They will discover this summer that it will be a hot summer.

15th Apr 2007, 17:04
Whaoo! Some of you have the answers to create the best company. Shame it hasn't taken-off yet. So come on what are you waiting for? You show them!!!

Smeagel
15th Apr 2007, 19:39
Space Pig.

They asked you to come back?!! Man, they must be desperate:p

Funny how nobody here piles into other people (like space pig, byzantin etc) when they bring bad news. Maybe I should re-register as someone else.

Space Pig forecasting a hot summer is spot on:cool: Of course now that I've agreed the Lisbon Mafia will be along to rubbish the idea.

Bikerpilot
15th Apr 2007, 19:40
Space Pig... I've not been called ! I was a Stds/ Trainer on a large cabin.
Mind you.... come to think of it, when I faxed resignation noone called then.

Smeagel
15th Apr 2007, 19:42
Biker, you must be really rubbish if they didn't want you back;)

winkle
15th Apr 2007, 19:43
well they didnt approach me and i would love my old job back, experienced hawker captain - but on my terms- 12 day contract.
oh and negotiate the bond with my present outfit.
looking forward to the pm:)

winkle
15th Apr 2007, 19:45
i wish i could work out who you are smeagel, cos its a great name and i remember the fun discussing a certain smeagel when i was in the company.;)

Smeagel
15th Apr 2007, 20:54
Nah. I'm much better looking than the other one :}

Smeagel's Mum
15th Apr 2007, 21:51
Oooh yes,

My Smeagel's a very good looking boy.
Such a charming lad. He breezes in after a tough day landing a deal in the City.

I don't know just how he manages to shake things up. But he does.

He's a wonderful boy. :E

CL300
16th Apr 2007, 06:16
Smeagel Nah. I'm much better looking than the other one

indeed especially the air style, and he is not jumping up and down as the "other" Smeagel. How.. Jet Blasters !!

winkle
16th Apr 2007, 09:31
and i thought he left the company.
still waiting for the call from lisbon, oh well there is always tomorrow.
and i resigned nicely.(third biggest mistake of my life) would love to do the indoc again what a hoot!
take care guys n gals
;)

Smeagel
16th Apr 2007, 10:27
Yep. He was.....left.

winkle
16th Apr 2007, 12:39
now theres a suprise good looking chap like that!:8

Smeagel
16th Apr 2007, 16:46
now theres a suprise good looking chap like that!:8
More like :} but I suppose the Porsche helped (as far as snaring someone as shallow as a petri dish might).

Why did the FM get layed off? Because he was too popular? Dont think so . . . Any takers or second hand rumours?
Who said the FM got laid off? I heard he resigned. Are you saying the FM was FIRED?!! Oooo, that's libel that is:hmm:

C'mon FourGreen. What are you saying?

Pssst, the edit button is up there ^^^^

FourGreenNoRed
16th Apr 2007, 19:32
Donīt have any details, just intrested why he left? Makes a difference to me. Was he fed up or did he do anything which was too popular to his crews or himself? Cmon you rumour-spreading-maschines out there, what was really going on?

Smeagel
16th Apr 2007, 21:14
Why did the FM get layed off?

FourGreen. The person to whom you refer may or may not have seen this, in fact I'd lay money that he hasn't yet. However there are more than a few people on here who have read your comments and know who the FM is so for you to write that he was laid off (fired) is pretty stupid.

Donīt have any details, just intrested why he left?

To then admit that you "..don't have any details.." merely serves to confirm your stupidity. So now might be a good time to consider the wisdom of rubbishing someone's reputation when you freely admit to knowing nothing about the situation.

Over to you, Einstein.

FourGreenNoRed
17th Apr 2007, 08:16
You call me stupid twice in one post, I dont know you, you dont know me? Not very charming . . . Since you are hacking into NJE reputation all the time, I am surprised that you react so offensive. You started the thread and details from the FM life, including his son (who got laid off following this threat, not the FM) are spread over the entire net because of this? You know that I disslike your deadication towards the company in spreading interna all over the net which do not belong here. I critizied you for this and now I get your attention by calling me stupid? And now, coming back to the meat of your thread by asking why he left, you back off? When you got asked weather you still work for the company or not you back off? You behave like a hero with threats like SMEAGELISMS? Show arrogancy towards everybody not being so enlighted as you would like to be. Unbalanced replies to all mails regarding NJE here in the Forum killing most of the threats instead of giving away useful information besides your standard replies. And now insulting people who critizised you. I used to find your replies somewhat entertaining, now I am just bored, move on dude.

Lever
17th Apr 2007, 10:03
I think the reason is that Smeagel is embarrassed.

I'm guessing that Smeagel works in the office with the FM and knows the FM to be a good guy.

Smeagel kicked something off and now realises that what he did was wrong.

As an aside, Smeagel isn't a pilot.

Too many posts from Smeagel - clearly never on tour.
Too well connected, so must be based in Lisbon.
His English is that of a first language speaker.

I'm guessing that he is an embittered Product Delivery Manager.
A Walter-Mitty type character who wishes he flew but is chained to a small desk.

Lever

Smeagel
17th Apr 2007, 10:10
FourRed

I said he resigned, you said he was fired. There is a world of difference.

In my first post toward you I asked you to explain yourself and hinted that you might like to edit your post. You neither explained yourself nor took the opportunity to edit your claim and subsequently admitted you "Don't have any details.....". At that point any person of reasonable intelligence would have realised how stupid they had been to rubbish someone's reputation in a public forum without basis.

Do you think your actions were acceptable?

Do you think it is ok to claim someone was fired when they were not?

Pull your head out of your @rse and apologise to the guy or do you not possess the cojones for that?

Lever. Nice try but no cigar. Where have a backpedalled or given any indication of regret? Nowhere.

As for the small desk I'll have you know it's quite large actually and I am in charge of paper clips for the whole 2nd floor. I can order more whenever I like whereas our pilots aren't even allowed to take off without making a phone call to the office first. I have more power than the pilots!! So why would I want to be a pilot?

Feel free to add another random post.

FourGreenNoRed
17th Apr 2007, 10:21
Agree! Sorry for the mix-up between father and son. Ready for an apology for your insults.

Smeagel
17th Apr 2007, 10:56
FourRed.

Had you withdrawn your comments when you had the chance (God knows I asked nicely enough) I'd be somewhat more conciliatory. It's somewhat ironic that you ask me to apologise when you have not.

His dudeness
18th Apr 2007, 09:58
I think he is very entertaining.

Iīm not in NetJets - but I admit I wanted to be for quite a time, but I moved on now. (Not that I would not consider applying again if Iīd be unemployed)

Smeagel
18th Apr 2007, 12:38
Piloten.

You're just jealous ;)

Lever
18th Apr 2007, 13:16
Shhh Smeagel.

Grown up pilots only on this site.

No room for a Walter.

Lever

Smeagel
18th Apr 2007, 19:04
Lever. Interesting name. Anything to do with you continuously pulling yourself? Keep that up and you'll go blind:cool: and then you'll NEVER be a pilot.

You claim I'm based in NJE's offices in Lisbon? Really? As any fule know NJE are the most paranoid company on the planet. They monitor all calls, email and internet use. They also hate PPRuNe with a passion. So how, exactly, would I be able to log on to this site even once before being hauled away for 're-education'?

Didn't quite think that one through did yer fella?:rolleyes:Any other bright ideas?

Lever
18th Apr 2007, 21:45
As you know Smeagel, PPRuNe is not banned on NetJet's computers.

Good try though.

Enjoy your next fantasy flight.

Lever

CL300
19th Apr 2007, 07:14

Good try though.

Enjoy your next fantasy flight.

Lever

Not being blocked does not mean NOT monitored....If you block the site, obviously you cannot identified people logged into PPrune, Since the proxy settings in the Office can be used as a http 1.0 /2.0 monitored interface, It is Soooooo Easy to trap all communications in between...

But there is some sites that are blocked within the system, most of them from the US proxy...
It is a common practice within organisations, in France to be legal it has to be publicised within the workforce, I haven't read any e-mail / memo about this policy, however I'm not in the office...

Smeagel
20th Apr 2007, 18:04

I never said it was, did I? As you say, good try though.:hmm:

Why not go and do something else? You're clearly not bright enough for this;)

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Carrier wave only. Try again.

Lever
20th Apr 2007, 18:25
Shush Walter.

Enjoy your weekend.

Why not get some of the ATPL notes and work your way through them so that you can at least pretend to know a fraction of what we do?

Lever

Smeagel
20th Apr 2007, 18:56
Now now Lever. Don't start that old rubbish again. Just because you made yourself look a prat in your last post by making out I'd written something I hadn't.

Go on, admit it. You screwed up. You can tell us, it's ok. We all know, we read it. Go onnnnnnnnnnnn, confession is good for the soul. You stuffed up didn't you? You tried to make out I'd written something I hadn't and you got caught. Now you're hoping everyone will forget if you start that old ****e again.

Here's a tip. If you're planning to stick around here and engage in a bit of banter it's ok to goad people, it's ok to ridcule them when they (you) are wrong. But fabricating things is somewhat beyond the pale old chap. It also makes you look somewhat silly when you get caught.

Now. Post something witty and entertaining or be ignored.

Lever
20th Apr 2007, 19:18
You'll be late for the meet-up in the pub if you stay on here all night Smeags.

When's your next flight?

Off on 'Tour' anytime soon?

Didn't think so.

Lever

Ebow
20th Apr 2007, 21:36
Is this pissing contest going to be over any time soon????

Maybe I should select a winner...

"Ladies and gentlemen, on points the winner is....Smeagel"
You can be my wingman...anytime :}

4HolerPoler
20th Apr 2007, 23:38
I gotta agree - stop this slap-fest please. Back to the topic please.

4HP

Smeagel
21st Apr 2007, 00:16
Ebow, yowie wawa yer smooth talking bastard. I'm all yours. Second thoughts drop in trail behind, I promise to reciprocate next time.

4HP. Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Fish/barrel.

Smeag's forecast. The FM in question will resurface in a more salubrious position with suitably better recompense. When it comes to management that lot in Lisbon just love shooting themselves in the foot. I'd say he'll cogitate for a while and spill the beans around July. Watch these pages.

Lever/Piloten. I'd love to trade banter with you again but next time bring more than a fart to the ****fight would you?