PDA

View Full Version : Westjet Flight Dispatch

romeo747
8th Apr 2007, 18:42
Hello everyone!

Can somebody give me some details about salary, shift pattern and duty hours for Westjet Flight Dispatchers?

Thanks

evansb
13th Apr 2007, 14:20
There is a Westjet forum that may be able to help you at the following link:

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewforum.php?f=36

You will have register as a user, however, before you can log-in and ask your question.

RomeoMikeAlpha
16th Apr 2007, 04:33
Late 2006 I had a phone interview for the Dispatch course with WestJet and I pulled my name out of the list after they gave me an idea about the salary.
They wouldn't give me an exact number and how it progresses through seniority, but the rough figure I got from the interviewer was somewhere around 40k.
The benefits seemed fine and free flights, or close to free flights, with WestJet was nice, but living in Calgary on 40k is a joke. The average house price in Calgary is over 400k.
I am making just under 80k right now with NavCanada but I looked into WestJet dispatch because my wife really wanted to be close to her family in Calgary and it seemed like an option I should at least look at. But it would have been a huge step backwards for us financially.
If you're really interested, send me a PM; I have a few contacts with Westjet who can take you through a tour of the dispatch facility in YYC, that way you can see it first hand and talk to a few guys there maybe that can give you a better idea.