PDA

View Full Version : Map of German Airspace

fyrefli
8th Apr 2007, 15:46
Apologies if this might be more appropriate in Private Flying but I'd ideally like an answer today, and I figure I'm more likely to get a quick answer here.

Been Googling but can't find an online airspace map for Germany (lots of downloadable stuff but I just want a map). I've found one of the Koln / Bonn area but I'd like something more comprehensive, specifically for the south-western corner of Germany. Being a paraglider pilot, I'm very much talking lower airspace :)

Thanks in advance.

mrloop
8th Apr 2007, 16:47
Some charts for information only - NOT real flying - can be found through the virtual simulator community - try searching for VACC-SAG (Virtual Area Control Center for Switzerland, Austria and Germany).

fyrefli
8th Apr 2007, 17:13
Unfortunately I actually want these for real flying ;) I wasn't intending flying this weekend so I have a spare vario but my GPS is in England - i.e. co-ords I can download and turn into something myself but ideally I'd like to find something printable. If tomorrow is as good a day for free flight in eastern Belgium as the forecast suggests, it would be a bit of a shame to have to land at the German border! ;)

Lon More
9th Apr 2007, 12:11
Probably too late, but had you thought of going into a flying club and asking to buy one there?

fyrefli
9th Apr 2007, 19:47
In the end the site was very busy, so I got a decent briefing from the locals; being rather more organised than the UK (not only are you allowed to take up an extra seat on the chairlift with your glider but you actually get a discount for being a pilot) the airspace details are also on the site noticeboard. I used to be sites officer for Avon HGPG Club and whenever we tried noticeboards for site details sodding vandals destroyed or nicked them! :ugh:

It's actually very simple - below the Koln / Bonn airspace there's a huge area of Class E belonging to Frankfurt (for most of the levels we're interested in).