PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Polish

Queenslander
8th Apr 2007, 06:54
Can anyone please recommend a good aircraft and perspex polish?

Queenslander

Shunter
8th Apr 2007, 08:14
I personally use the Autoglym stuff and my trusty aircraft is super shiny. Super resin polish for the paint, fast glass for the windows. As always with windows though, try your products on a small unimportant test area!

tangovictor
8th Apr 2007, 10:44
plexus, amazing stuff, even use it on my motorcycle screen & helmet
DO NOT USE IT WITH PAPER TOWELS, soft cloth only

IO540
8th Apr 2007, 18:15
Never use paper towels on a plane, under any circumstances whotsoever - much too abrasive.

One session with paper tissues (pardon the expression) and you can forget your £3000 winscreen and your £5000 set of windows.

I once had that "paper tissue treatment" done (by a JAR145 company full of CAA licensed engineers, of course) and even after hours with the special (expensive) polish it still isn't like it was before :ugh:

JW411
8th Apr 2007, 18:29
For polishing your aircraft I absolutely swear by Rejex. It is a polymer coating made in Texas but I get mine from a very nice man in Jersey. It also has high anti-corrosion properties.

I totally agree with IO540's advice. Do not ever, ever put paper towels anywhere near your windscreen.

Piltdown Man
8th Apr 2007, 20:04
Could I suggest a quick "Google" with "Perspex Polish" or similar will yield more results than you can shake a stick at. Then, to refine your search further, look at those products used by the gliding fraternity.

PM

IO540
8th Apr 2007, 20:08
Are a/c windows perspex or polycarbonate (e.g. Lexan)?

SkyTrax2
8th Apr 2007, 20:25
For the paint after washing try using Neilson Wax, fantastic stuff and for the perspex windows use Sparkle (household stuff!).

Sparkle is/was used by the UK mlitary would you believe!

scooter boy
8th Apr 2007, 20:52
Queenslander, I'm with shunter on this one.
Autoglym is simply the best. One soft duster to apply it and another to wipe it away.
Dries a treat and leaves it all shining like a new pin.
You will still be finding bits you didn't quite manage to get all the dried polish off weeks later though.

SB