PDA

View Full Version : Instructor shortage?

Amin
7th Apr 2007, 19:48
Hello ladies and gentleman,

Just a very easy question and it goes to Flight Instructores in Europe. Is there a shortage of flight instructores in Europe? the reasone I ask is because we have a shortage in US right now, so I just wanted to compare with the European market.

Thank you for your time and don't be shy to drop a line :O

Good Luck!

Amin :ok:

papazulu
7th Apr 2007, 20:08
Yes there is...at least in my FTO. We're hunting at least 4 folks, possibly ME/IR CRIs and a reasonable level of English. Judging from my personal point of view I start to change my mind about this job: after 1+ yr with no joy it's now time to make some cash and live decently on FI's wages...Airlines can wait a bit longer and hopefully the well reputated "long-way to RHS" in the FAA land will become common practice here too.

happy landings

PZ :ok:

Der_dk.
11th Apr 2007, 07:59
I just left a danish FTO for a FO position:ok: , and I know they are in need of instructors and I think it is going to get worse. A lot of the new pilots are going directly for TRSS. At least in Denmark that is...Maybe that will raise the pay a bit, making it more interresting!?!

DER

Amin
13th Apr 2007, 18:55
I remember those days that you needed s....:mad: ....ht loads of hours to just get a flight instructor job. It seems that the table has turned. It will look interesting within a few years.

Good Luck :ok:

VFE
13th Apr 2007, 21:23
Yes, there is certainly a shortage of instructors around London.

VFE.

corsair
14th Apr 2007, 21:35
Yes there is. If only the pay reflected the shortage. But such is life. I suppose if the pay was attractive, there would be shortage of students because flying costs would go up. Catch 22 I suppose.

Amin
16th Apr 2007, 00:25
So, my next question would be how will this flight instructor shortage affect the booming industry at the moment????:confused:

These are my 2 cents,

The sypply can not keep up with the demand.:E

Good luck to all you and have safe landings:ok:

Amin