PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Incursion query

tango whiskey
7th Apr 2007, 17:49
What is the likely outcome of a brief (15-20 seconds) incursion into Heathrow zone adjacent to White Waltham by a distracted and now embarrassed pilot. Incursion took place at 1000ft QNH and in CAVOK. Farnboro LARS was providing Flight Information service and advised pilot to route West to clear the zone. :(

Del Prado
7th Apr 2007, 18:19
Probably not a lot, if the circumstances are as you say.
It is a critical piece of airspace, with heathrow inbounds descending from 3000 to 2500 at white waltham then to 2000 two miles later, however if you were at 1000' qnh you shouldn't have had too much 'impact' on the inbounds.

I'd always counsel pilots in your position to phone in to the appropriate ATSU on landing. I'd be a lot less likely to take reporting action if someone has taken the trouble to phone in and apologise, discover the consequences of his actions and appears to want to learn from the experience (as you seem to TW;) )

Don't let it spoil your weekend.

Talkdownman
7th Apr 2007, 18:53
Oh, so it was you then........:=

ATCO1962
8th Apr 2007, 04:52
What would you like for your last meal?:E

eyeinthesky
8th Apr 2007, 18:33
Don' let it ruin your weekend. However, NATS is running a 100% report-filing rule on all infringers at the moment. I would recommend that you make some notes for yourself on what happened, especially why it was you ended up wandering into the zone. It would help NATS understand the reasons for infringements of CAS if pilots like yourself were able to provide background information.
If your registration was not captured by the radar trace process, you might not get official paperwork heading your way, so you could contact LTCC at West Drayton and offer to provide your side of the story, or you could also file your own occurrence report with the CAA. They will then help NATS to tie the radar traces together.
Contrary to popular legend, we are not out to make trouble for infringers, and only very rarely (such as repeat deliberate offenders) might the legal process be started.

Say Again, Over!
8th Apr 2007, 21:31
I've also heard that Santa might be notified so prepare yourself for a smaller gift this year.

:}

SAO