PDA

View Full Version : FI Sponsorship

kuchemann carrots
4th Apr 2007, 10:45
I have just finished my CPL/IR and would really like to go on and get my instructor rating. I enjoy flying light aircraft, and would really like to pass on my experience to others. My problem is that I do not have the required 5000 pounds to complete the rating. I am in the process of applying for the GAPAN scholarship, and it got me thinking... Do you think that any schools would fund the FI rating, in return for service on a bond agreement or at a reduced salary until the rating is paid off?
Now I know that an instructors wage isn't that great, however it would only be the same as paying back a loan to the bank, and my partner is very supportive. Has anyone heard of this being done?
Thanks
KK:ok:

Bravo73
4th Apr 2007, 14:07
Yes.

Ask BEagle.

As an example, my RF once was able to pay for a pilot to do the FI course; he then worked off that loan by instructing for us. A win/win situation - and he's now a training and recruiting manager for an expanding UK airline!

xrayalpha
6th Apr 2007, 09:04
Hi,

I am just doing it for a three-axis microlight instructor. 2300 investment there, pay back at a fiver a flying hour over the next year.

Very best and good luck,

Colin