PDA

View Full Version : A question for a Canadian Air force pilot !!!

comtatvenaissin
2nd Apr 2007, 11:56
As a french people may I join the Canadian Air Force ???

Hi, I would like to join the Canadian Air Force but unfortunately I'm not canadian but ...french ! However a friend of me after "Mapple flag", explained me that it was possible to join the C.A.F as a french people, due to a lack of "french speaker pilot".
Few months ago, I phoned to the recruitment office and the people in charge explained me that, at this time, for a foreign pilot the only mean the join the C.A.F is to become Canadian citizen. But they encourage me to phone later due some changes in progress in the rules recruitment.

Rumour or not, so if anyone have information about my topic... you're welcome indeed !!!

saudipc-9
2nd Apr 2007, 20:23
comtatvenaissin,

In order to join the CAF you must at present be a Canadian citizen. The lack of "french speaker pilot" is complete rubbish as in order to be a pilot in the CAF you must be able to speak english.
There are possible rules changes coming which will allow non-commisioned members to join without citizenship but that will rule out being a pilot!

comtatvenaissin
21st May 2007, 15:38
Thank you very much. It helps indeed. Then you confirm that rules will change but not to be a pilot. What a pity, no F-18, I'm afraid ...
However as a very motivated person, I'll call one more time to the Montreal recruitment office.

One last question, do you work (fly) in the CAF ???

saudipc-9
23rd May 2007, 16:42
As per PM I'm in the CAF.