PDA

View Full Version : Atsocas Review

pimpernel
2nd Apr 2007, 09:09
In 2005 the CAA published a document stating the differences between Mil and Civil provision of ATSOCAS as part of an ongoing review of the whole situation. It then went on to say that the types of ATSOCAS might change and that the implementation date would hopefully be May 2007. This date was at the end of a consultation period, publication of new rules, training etc. The question is, where has this ATSOCAS review gone. Has it been sidelined, agreed upon or forgotten about.

Whilst I appreciate this subject is a red rag to a bull for some, I was purely interested in the way ahead not the perceived differences, which are clearly set out on the CAA website.

Pierre Argh
2nd Apr 2007, 13:16
according to a conversation overheard in a tower two weeks ago, the ATSOCAS review is still very much alive, just not finished yet.... (don't hold your breath)

2 sheds
2nd Apr 2007, 13:38
Consultation completed in December. Now formulating procedures for future implementation apparently.

Regular Cappuccino
2nd Apr 2007, 21:26
As I understand it, PART of the consultation was completed in December - a further draft of suggested procedures is currently doing the rounds of consultation with the ANSPs.

pimpernel
4th Apr 2007, 20:30
Is there any rumours on the proposed new types of services?

I understand the CAA will be the lead authority for them to dissuade the Mil from add-ons that eventually change the way in which the service is provided!

chevvron
5th Apr 2007, 07:46
No new procedures finalised; working group meets in May.