PDA

View Full Version : ATPL requirments

Soap Box Cowboy
2nd Apr 2007, 07:11
Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the requirments to get my ATP. I know of your standard requirments that are in the AIM, but latley heard rumours that some things have changed and that you are now required to have 150 hours of Twin turbine Multi crew with a take off weight of more than 12500. I've tried finding it online in the cars but find no section pertaining to it. So I was wondering if anyone had any info on this.

Also I've found conflicting reports on the requirment to renew my IR. According to the CAR's if I have a Valid IR through a contracting state and have completed a flight test within the previous 12 months and proof to that effect, I am considered to have met the INRAT requirments even if my Canadian IR is expired for more than 24 months. Though I have been hearing stories of pilots going back and being told they have to resit the INRAT.

Can anyone offer clarification on these points. I'm going back to Canada this month in order to complete my ATP and these things could make things difficult for me. Though not impossible. Thanks for any help.