PDA

View Full Version : Let me apply!

gareth1
1st Apr 2007, 02:14
Hello

I currently live in Canada, but I would like to apply to NATS. I am eligible for an UK Ancestry Visa, so I e-mailed NATS asking if its possible to apply while in the UK on an Ancestral Visa. I was happy to hear they would look at my application on an individaul basis as the visa is renewed at the end. Anyways, just wondering if there's anyone that can confirm that NATS will hire someone on an Ancestry Visa.

Thanks!

wordstwice
1st Apr 2007, 02:20
NATS wont care what type of Visa you are on. As long as you are legally allowed to work in the UK you're set.

I applied while still living in Canada and it worked out just fine.

Good Luck!!:ok:

Number2
1st Apr 2007, 20:44
Why would you apply to NATS when you could work for Nav Canada? The training's shorter in Canada and pays as well.

Married a Canadian
2nd Apr 2007, 00:19
Didn't think the trainees did get paid when they started their initial training for NAV Canada?

Are we talking when they start ATC school or when they reach the floor?

Jerricho
2nd Apr 2007, 00:32
Nav Canada IFR Ab-initios do not get paid until they begin on the floor OJI, as well as having to pony up nearly $5000 (sitting the entrance exam, pre course information and the actual course). VFR (tower) trainees also have to pay for their course, but their training is still done at NCTI (Cornwall).

Number2
2nd Apr 2007, 05:06
OK, in terms of pay under training, you get 10k p.a. at Hurn but surely the move to the UK is more costly in the long run......just a thought?

dangerdanger
5th Apr 2007, 23:04
Been down the exact same route and know a couple of others who have too.

Came to UK on ancestry visa,trained at the college, now at unit with permanant residence.

gareth1
6th Apr 2007, 16:45
Good to hear man. When I first asked NATS HR about this, the lady I spoke to said "no you need permanent residence to apply". I wasnt satisfied with her answer and thought maybe she was wrong, so I asked again and the next lady said "please apply, we'll look at your application on individaul basis as the visa is renewed at the end". So I am happy to get confirmation that this has been done before.
Thanks

dangerdanger
16th Apr 2007, 08:10
When I filled out the appliation form it didn't ask if I had a visa, only if I had the right to live and work in UK, which you do albeit for 4 years. After 4 years you are entitled to apply for permanent residence. This is granted based on remaining in continuous employment and there is a requirement that you have been in the UK for a minimum period of time each year. While not guranteed, keep yourself out of trouble and meet the requirements you should have no problems remaining in the country when your visa expires. Most employers don't wont to know that much detail though.