PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Medical

frank9757
30th Mar 2007, 03:47
Does air canada has higher medical standards.
I have ankylosing spondylitis and take remicade, if I get the transposrt Canada medical, do I have to undertake Air Canada medical exam again. Is there standard higher.

Any responses highly appreciated.

Dockjock
30th Mar 2007, 04:28
It would be assumed that in order to be qualified for the job, all candidates are already in possession of a valid CAT I medical as part of their ATPL. In spite of that, all candidates must undergo the Air Canada medical examination. The standard is not higher per se, but the exam is more comprehensive than the regular CAT I.
You would also be obligated to disclose your condition to the Dr. as they do inquire about yours and your family's medical histories. Additionally a blood draw is part of the exam, which may or may not reveal your condition anyhow.

In any case good luck with the process.

frank9757
30th Mar 2007, 13:23
Dockjock thank you for your response, really appreciate that.
With a know medical condition in the past , which is under control now and being on medication but fit to fly, what should I be expecting in the airline industry, are employers reluctant to hire (unwritten rule) or should I go ahead and get my CPL and ATPL, I have about 1500 jet hours but not flown since last 10 years. Where do u think I stand at age 40.

Frank