PDA

View Full Version : Air operators Certificate

papaschild
29th Mar 2007, 07:08
Could someone please tell what an AOC does and what do i need to get one:)

thanks heaps, its for a test i ve got coming up.

paco
29th Mar 2007, 07:32
If you want to take money from passengers for transporting them, you need an Air Operator Certificate, which is the equivalent of a hackney licence, but the passengers can only hire the whole aircraft - to sell single seats you may also need an Air Transport licence. Under JAROPS, much work is exempt (e.g. photography, slinging), so it really only counts for carrying passengers from A - B. It will be a little different for Oz, but not much I suspect.

You need lots of money, custody and control of an aircraft and an application to the relevant Civil Aviation Authority with a good chunk of the aforementioned money, and suitable paperwork, which will include an ops manual and manitenance stuff for your aircraft.

The Ops manual will contain all the rules and procedures you propose to use to convince the Authority you know what you are doing.

You also need staff, like a Chief Pilot, pilots, ops manager, etc, all of whom must be approved. Some of them can be freelance.

Phil

papaschild
29th Mar 2007, 08:01
wow thanks heaps phil!

much appreciated

old,not bold
31st Mar 2007, 17:49
".....really only counts for carrying passengers from A - B."

Don't forget us...

Yours

Cargo and Mail

PS And that's not all...anything for hire and reward, really, apart from certain aerial work exemptions such as those mentioned.

GlueBall
1st Apr 2007, 04:16
It has been said that if you have a jet that you can "buy" one from Sierra Leon [9L] for about USD $40,000

411A
1st Apr 2007, 16:55
This is true, GlueBall, but then again you can't fly to too many places with a 9L registration these days.