PDA

View Full Version : Temporary summer employment - advice please!

SNAFU.
28th Mar 2007, 19:35
Hi,

I am currently looking for a flying school in Canada who might be able to offer temporary employment. I am a British citizen and eligable for a temporary work permit. The Canadian embassy in London will not issue a work permit until a job offer has been made.

I have emailed many flying schools explaining who I am and sent a copy of my resume/CV. I got quite a few replies with everything from 'no' to 'maybe later in the year'. I have been given 12 weeks leave from my current employment and would very much like a working holiday in Canada during that time.

I will be starting my ground school later this year and would like to expand my life experiences and see another part of the world before I fully commit to gaining my CPL.

Does anyone know of any flight schools that might be interested in employing me on a 12 week temporary basis? I dont mind really what the job entails as long as it involves aviation (I realise that may sound strange to some). I know it's a long shot but I don't seem to be getting anywhere and this desire for adventure just wont go away!!

Any tips, advice or contacts would be very gratefully received.

Thanks. SNAFU.

altiplano
29th Mar 2007, 04:10
I know it's a long shot

Good - that's the first step. Second step is accepting it...

Don't mean to sound rude but nobody wants to temporarily hire someone in the UK when there are people here ready to do the job full time... Don't worry though you aren't missing out on too much action.

If you are set on the idea - come here on a holiday and see what you can manage under the table and if nothing happens at least you get a holiday... Or you could "volunteer" to work the dock for a camp or bush operator... But that wouldn't entail much of the holiday part at all...