PDA

View Full Version : ICAO Documents

ATCO2
27th Mar 2007, 22:00
Dear friends,

Reading these forums, it is obvious that some of us have questions which are not very clear explaind in the ICAO documents. I want to ask you if you know someone from the ICAO offices all over the world to be contacted just for full meaning of what is written in their documents. There are some statements in the ICAO documents for which additional explanation is needed. Some ATCOs or even OJTIs realising some things in different ways. I have visited many ATS units and met ATCOs who provide the same service in slightly different ways. If you know the person who to contact, please provide an email or postal address. I am sure some of us will have qustions for the ICAO to be asked.

Best regards

Defruiter
27th Mar 2007, 23:25
Is there not something near the beginning in the small print of the various documents telling you who to get in contact with? I know there are in documents in the UK published by the CAA. For example, out of MATS 1:

"Enquiries regarding the content of this publication should be addressed to:
ATS Department, Safety Regulation Group, Civil Aviation Authority, Aviation House, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR."

DF

discountinvestigator
28th Mar 2007, 17:01
I know the Acting Director of the Air Navigation Bureau at ICAO. I will try to ask him who should be the person to address your questions to.

Of course, if you are from a Contracting State, then you will have a representative who is fully familiar with Annex 11 presenting your national case at ICAO. This person may also be the PANS-ATM, PANS-OPS v2 and Annex 10 v2 person for other questions.

However, it never stops amazing me how many different interpretations of the same thing that I see around the world. Please remember to understand the words, not just apply what you think that they say. There was a reason that they were written like that, but if you do not understand why, then you may misunderstand them.

Your first contact is your ATC safety regulator at the headquarters of the aviation safety regulator for your country. Alternatively, PM me and I will try to help as I am presenting to Air Navigation Commission later this year with things that they have omitted from A11 and PANS ATM.

Happy landings

Discount

ATCO2
28th Mar 2007, 21:03
Hi discountinvestigator (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=135016),

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards,