PDA

View Full Version : Any idea where to get flight training in Canada?

SIMBA KALI
27th Mar 2007, 16:32
I have a bunch of friends that can no longer attend US flight schools because of fear of prosecution due to their immigration status :ugh: . The requirements set forth by the TSA and the FAA have not only jeopardized these folks' dreams but also led to closure to numerous FBO's that were kept running by these foreign students. Most of these guys are opting out of the US to persue their dreams elsewhere. If anyone has any information on some good flight schools, please enlighten us.:ok:

SIMBA KALI
28th Mar 2007, 15:12
Thank you DD...Well the situation in the U.S.A for foreign students with overstayed visas attending flight training centers has become a looming issue for sometime now. The problem is that with new federal laws passed , the feds can hold any one for as long as they want without pressing charges and since 9/11 , any foreigners attending flight schools are "suspect". Anyway, the information you provided will come in handy..:ok:

20driver
28th Mar 2007, 16:37
I'm not too sure any country looks too kindly on people overstaying visas. The problem in the US is for years the enforcement was a total joke. Canada was never so lax in the first place. I know a couple who were given the bums rush from Canada for visa violations and told not to return anytime soon. This was in the 80's.
Flying a lot about following the rules. Seems your friends are not off to a good start.

20driver

SIMBA KALI
29th Mar 2007, 20:26
Well over staying visas in America wasn't a problem while you still attended college. Life throws **** at you....so you miss a semester or two and you a branded a "criminal". Well, you call the good old INS .....their suggestion is go to mexico to get your visas renewed.....sad thing though, once you cross the border, your visa application is denied and you are stuck somewhere in Juarez eating freaking tamales....well how'z that for persuit of happyness????:E