PDA

View Full Version : Air National + Vincent = ??

Got the horn
26th Mar 2007, 06:07
Heard a whisper that Air National and Vincent were looking at getting together. Anyone out there know anything?

burty
27th Mar 2007, 07:05
Where did you here this?

zulu_kilo
27th Mar 2007, 11:13
I doubt there is much truth to this...
while they both fly on behalf of Eagle, both companies have different roots, aiming at different types of flying.

(ie corp jets vs C421 freight flying) - not limited to though!

tinpis
28th Mar 2007, 05:32
......what do they do with the dud roots?

Base them in Gore? :hmm:

"cringe"

Cypher
28th Mar 2007, 08:06
Thats an excellent rumour... PPrUNE lives up to it's reputation...

It would be like the NZ Labour and the NZ National party coming together to form a political party... the Labational Party!

Uncle Chop Chop
28th Mar 2007, 10:16
Imagine being type rated on the mighty 1900....wow. Not sure if I could contain myself....:}

trigonomic
28th Mar 2007, 10:30
You may mock the B1900 friend however this aircraft has somethings between its stubby legs that are missing from the fairer sex. This aircraft takes finess, skill, a keen eye and lateral thinking to operate. Yes Jets are fast and pretty but by nature remove a pilots capacity for evolving "his" brain and not the "computers" brain :ugh:

V1650
29th Mar 2007, 18:35
Dear Mr Trigonomic, you state the 1900 requires the following qualities to be flown which I totally agree wth,"This aircraft takes finess, skill, a keen eye and lateral thinking to operate."

But the following comment unfortuntley is a little far removed from what I have seen - for a very small minority. "Yes Jets are fast and pretty but by nature remove a pilots capacity for evolving "his" brain and not the "computers" brain."

It has only been by pure luck and design of the aircraft that "evolving brains" that have exceeded design parameters havent smeared themselves, the aicraft and pax over wide brown lands in this type of aircraft. :ugh:

burty
30th Mar 2007, 08:44
Is it true that Vincent are being bought by Air2there?

TinDriver
30th Mar 2007, 09:07
Brought to where:confused:

Uncle Chop Chop
30th Mar 2007, 11:02
Actually Burty, Air2There are going halvies in Vincent with the Ugandan Government mission....

Don't ask me where I heard this cause you know what I'll have to do...

trigonomic
30th Mar 2007, 11:28
Excellent observation 1650. The only question I have is 'has aircraft design been pure luck or evolvment'? Technology is also part of evolvement however I think it is wise to recognise that technology can also allow our brains to become lazy and rely on its use. The GPS is a good example. Some NG pilots are terrified if it drops off the screen.

cheers:cool:

iceblock
31st Mar 2007, 03:11
The GPS is a good example. Some NG pilots are terrified if it drops off the screen.

Yeah right!!

The only thing we are terrified of is being held up by a 1900.

Most "NG Pilots" worth there salt have spent years scaring themselves silly in GA with bugger all equipment. Those habits become deeply ingrained and hard to forget, a little old GPS failure means pilot brain reversion, not a problem.

TinDriver
31st Mar 2007, 05:01
Iceblock,

You obviously have no experience (or little) sharing the skies with the 1900. Invariably, it's the turboprop guys that get held up by 73's and the like. And, I am talking about finals.

Most pilots worth "their" salt would know that already................:bored:

Flyin Low
31st Mar 2007, 05:23
At least the 737 looks good.. the 1900 looks like this girl that I woke up with after a weekend bender... F$%#IN UGLY!!!

trigonomic
31st Mar 2007, 05:23
A thousand apologies iceblob I meant New Generation Pilots not Pilots who fly NG airplanes.............:ok:

j3pipercub
31st Mar 2007, 05:39
Well all youse guys in your turboprops and NG's hold me up in my BN2!!!!!!:ugh::} :bored: The 1900 may need finese, but you can't beat a BN2 for your 30mins of cardio a day :ok: AND let me tell you that when the GPS fails in the bongo and a technical tap (aka; beating the SH:mad:T out of it) doesn't fix it, I get a little worried:}

Lets all start slanging eachother good and proper, come on, lets get the real mud flying and turn the thread into an appendage comparison!!!

I seem to recall the thread being something about a merger? Hell I don't even know who the companies are but you can smell the egos from this thread as soon as you log on.

Deep breath, do your fly up and get on with it!

j3 - Hopefully one day a brain dead NG driver :O

Split Flap
31st Mar 2007, 05:47
This aircraft takes finess, skill, a keen eye and lateral thinking to operate. Yes Jets are fast and pretty but by nature remove a pilots capacity for evolving "his" brain and not the "computers" brain

That would have to be the biggest load of cr@p I have seen on this site in a long time.

1900 your first turboprop is it? And you have the "computer" experience to compare the two types of operation?

Yes jets do hold up turboprops on finals, pretty difficult to do Vmo to 5 mile final in a jet.... Has something to do with inertia I think.... Im not really sure though... I could always ask the computer I suppose...:ugh:

iceblock
31st Mar 2007, 06:54
A thousand apologies iceblob I meant New Generation Pilots not Pilots who fly NG airplanes.............

No worries trigo, I tend to agree!!!

You obviously have no experience (or little) sharing the skies with the 1900. Invariably, it's the turboprop guys that get held up by 73's and the like. And, I am talking about finals.

Your big experienced captain must have told you that to make you feel better.

So you get held up by a jet for about 4 to 13nm. We get held up by you for 60 or 90nm. You see, you don't have the big picture. While you are grovelling along at low level and low speed we are being slowed by 100 to 140kts just to accomodate you. Don't worry we don't blame you we blame ATC that don't communicate with each other from sector to sector. Good controllers will give us no speed or greater than 320kts to 15nm. In that case you don't even know we went right on by while you were going "so fast".

And I am talking about the whole sky not just 13nm.

trigonomic
31st Mar 2007, 07:42
Compewda says no! :{

TinDriver
31st Mar 2007, 20:26
Wow Iceman,

I'm impressed.........:zzz:

Cloud Cutter
31st Mar 2007, 20:45
Some of you need to grow up, this is pathetic. It's good that you enjoy flying your particular aircraft (as do I), but what's the point of getting into a pissing contest?

As for the topic of this thread, just another PPRuNe windup. Have fun out there people, but stop slagging each other off, we're all supposed to be on the same team.

TinDriver
31st Mar 2007, 20:51
Which brings us back to the topic.

AFAIK, there is no truth to the rumour about Air 2 there or National. Stand to be corrected though.....

:)

burty
1st Apr 2007, 04:02
and wouldn't those Ugandans do a lovely job of it too!!

trigonomic
1st Apr 2007, 09:48
Dear Cloud Clutter

Its sounds like you figured it all out, must be the lack of coffee in "china cups" and all the hand flying thats sharpened your already acute situational awareness..............:confused:

PS The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

Cloud Cutter
2nd Apr 2007, 01:05
I'm sorry, that's way over my head. I'm just a lowly Beech driver, perhaps it's all the polystyrene that's dulled my senses? If you really must insult me, please dumb it down a shade :bored:

What I have figured out, is that I don't give a toss who's aircraft does what and where, and I'm tired of hearing all this bull****. Of course I'm just one person, so if you prefer to keep the crap flowing, go right ahead. It's an open forum.

Borneo Wild Man
2nd Apr 2007, 01:32
Hey ice,
You obviously havn't had a bird try and come through your windscreen while you're at 320kts/15NMs. You also obviously don't give a crap about pax comfort as you hang the gear and flaps out at max flap speeds to try and slow down. (How many flap actuators/drives does your company go through?)Its not about how fast you go its about being professional and safe!!!
Some of you guys havn't learnt much about aviation have you?
Endth the sermon.

iceblock
2nd Apr 2007, 02:08
Tindriver, did you ask your captain why he has been telling you porkies about how good the 1900 is?

Borneo Wild Man,

Just because the aircraft is positioned 15nm from airport based on VOR doesn't mean there are only 15 track miles to run. You presume a lot. All procedures are boeing approved including selecting next flap setting when reaching the maneuver speed for the existing flap setting. If that is uncomfortable for the passengers then boeing has a problem that needs addressing. As for the birds - well one tried to come through my window but I told her I was married.....

Borneo Wild Man
2nd Apr 2007, 03:49
dude,there arnt that many good controllers in NZ.
Oh yeah, I got held up(slowed down)for one those little Boeings the other night-only for 2500nms though.

TinDriver
2nd Apr 2007, 05:44
Hey Iceman,

Nah mate, I didn't. I've been waiting for u to tell me!!!:ok:

iceblock
2nd Apr 2007, 06:13
Tindriver,

Sounds like you know it all, I won't tell you something you already know.

Borneo Wild Man,

You are correct, we are all humbly wrong. None of us can state our bit so I hand the thread over to you to continue your sermon.....only thing is it's probably about a dead horse that you are flogging. Continue by all means...

TinDriver
2nd Apr 2007, 07:28
On the contrary Ice,

Always go home with a wee bit more info........and always willing to listen. I think ur sentiments are the same as mine re flogging dead animals. To borrow a phrase from a good mate, opinions are like a***holes. Everybody has 1:}

Flying Bear
5th Apr 2007, 13:29
Heaven forbid that any of you tossbags actually work for Vincent - people like you fellas give the rest of us a bad name, Beech drivers or otherwise...

For us Cessna drivers, maybe one day we'll be as good as you - here's hoping.

Shredder6
6th Apr 2007, 08:57
So, back to the topic.......

no merger.