PDA

View Full Version : Oaksey Park

Lukesdad
25th Mar 2007, 22:24
Could anyone help with a little bit of advice as to how to negotiate the tricky airspace approaching from the South East.

It appears from the quarter mill to be covered by Brize radar but any help would be appreciated.

360BakTrak
25th Mar 2007, 22:49
If you're going through the Fairford MATZ (if active obviously, check NOTAMS) then call Brize, generally Lyneham are'nt all that interested unless you're going through their zone. I would suggest from the southeast that Brize is your best bet. If through the zone (which is up to 3500') call 119.0 MHz otherwise 126.625 MHz. Have a good trip!:ok:

Mike Cross
25th Mar 2007, 23:26
I generally go South Marston (The Honda Factory) and Blakehill Farm (disused airfield, now all grass). That keeps you outside the Lyneham Zone. Only thing to watch for is Redlands where they might be parachuting. Lyneham will know if they are.

Fairford is activated by NOTAM, so of there's no NOTAM it's not active.

The radio mast at Membury on the M4 makes a good reporting point for the initial call.

Mike

combineharvester
26th Mar 2007, 00:04
Also, if there is no one on the other end of Oaksey radio (sometimes the case) give Kemble Information a call on 118.9 (also sometimes A/G only) for a bit of traffic info, wind etc. A few pilots call up Kemble on the ground at Oaksey in this case for radio checks before departure etc, unless your radio is particularly prehistoric you can usually get through with minimum crackle!

Nice airfield, just try not and wake the neighbours!

Hope this helps

TheGorrilla
26th Mar 2007, 00:09
Flew in there once. Lovely field, great clubhouse. If in doubt.... Go low level and don't tell anyone. :E

Nice hangars, well kept I'd say. Shhhh......

Lukesdad
26th Mar 2007, 07:31
Thanks all, much appreciated.

Windy Militant
26th Mar 2007, 07:48
Oaksey Info (http://www.wpfaf.co.uk/html/oakseyevent/oakpark.html) This might be helpful if a bit late!