PDA

View Full Version : PFA Robin Hood Rally Hucknall

Flyboynick
23rd Mar 2007, 20:27
Robin Hood Rally Hucknall
Things are progressing well with our Regional Rally/Charity Aviation Weekend on 23rd and 24th June 2007 with a 12 item air display on the Saturday, including the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and other warbirds, and an Aviation Enthusiast Fair on Sunday with up to 80 stalls. Both days will have various exhibitors from General Aviation and Rally aircraft arriving.
Last year our air display at Hucknall attracted between 12,000 and 15,000 visitors through the gate into the Rolls Royce side of the airfield. This year the display area moves back to the South side of the airfield around the Merlin Flying Club buildings. The shear size of the airfield and our expected visitors in cars and aircraft means the logistics are immense. I would now like to make an appeal to anyone who would like to help out for the weekend to contact me. The airfield will be open from Friday onwards for setting up and we need helpers for marshalling (aircraft/cars) and manning the gates on Saturday and Sunday. All jobs will be strictly rota’d so you will only have to put in a couple of hours a day and then you can enjoy the rest of the show. Camping is available all weekend as will a bar and refreshments. It will be a great opportunity to get involved with running an air display and then the Rally as well. All monies taken at the gate/landing fees go to the Rainbows Children’s Hospice and Cancer Research UK. We gave over £10,000 last year and it is very rewarding.
Please email me your details at [email protected] if you could help out in any way no matter how small.
Thanks
Nick