PDA

View Full Version : STN Interviews with Aviation Resource

destination_ground
23rd Mar 2007, 18:29
So has anyone else had a bad experience with these??

It seems this person did....(reposted from a forward at work!)

Dear (name),

You may well have received word that I wasn't in attendance for my PSA interview at Stansted this morning.

This is in actual fact not completely true, as I did arrive at Stansted House well before my assigned time. On my arrival & once I found the SINGLE available parking space, I discovered that I was expected to PAY to park outside Stansted house-item 1 on the list-at every other interview I have ever attended I have received an official visitor pass for the car park. OK I thought to myself, perhaps this will happen at Reception.

I entered the 'reception' at Stansted house with much trepidation, to find a random collection of individuals sitting on chairs in complete silence, some dying pot plants, a drinks machine...but alas, no receptionist or Aviation Resource representative in sight-or for that matter any other current employee!!

I deduced from the disinterested look on the faces of the assembled masses that none of them were about to offer me a visitor pass for the car & decided to take a risk on skipping the car park fee, in case an, as yet, illusive employee should appear.

Imagine my surprise if you will when by 0932 no such person had greeted me or even made themselves known to the assembled masses! There were candidates turning up unsure if they were even at the right side of the airport...

Not looking good so far...is it?!

I decided at this point that if this was indicative of the standard type of service towards potential future employees, then I really did not wish to be one. I left Stansted House at 0933 & made my way into London for my other meetings of the day.

As I left I did see 2 suited individuals sparking a cigarette & enjoying a good chat over coffee, outside the front door-I'm guessing here, but I believe these were the clients\your representatives. Not a good image really, especially when interviewing for a CUSTOMER SERVICE position!

As someone with previous travel experience in a different field, I find this manner of operation extremely unacceptable in a premium service industry.
I am consummately professional in all that I do & expect to receive mutual treatment from those with which I have business dealings.

I am utterly disgusted at the way in which I have been treated by Aviation Resource, its clients & representatives today. I am likewise very disappointed that, through the actions (or lack of) of your representatives, that I am now unable to follow my chosen career path.
In addition I am also considering invoicing Aviation Resource for the wild-goose-chase which was my journey today & for the time wasted filling in & printing your 23 page application form.

Yours disgusted,
(name removed)

Cc:
MD, Aviation Resource
Tim Watts, Chariman, Pertemps (AR parent co)
Michelle White, Director, Pertemps
Executive Board, Servisair
Executive Board & STN Station Management, Swissport
M O'leary, Ryanair
S Haji-iannou, EasyGroup

I have it on good authority that this person has also been in contact with every client of Aviation Resource today to share this with them...eek!!

Just wondering because having seen this & having thought about going to one of these interviews myself, I'm put off now.

DG

Global Pilot
25th Mar 2007, 12:42
I worked for AR at STN in between flying jobs and found them to be more than reasonable, acting in a professional manner. The letter you got through a forward at work seems a very over the top reaction. Passenger Service and Ground Handling Agents at STN come and go and AR along with its clients operate a constant revolving door with employees. The interviews are casual by nature. I must point out that my parking was covered on all occasions but if it wasn't I wouldn't have reacted as strongly as your letter writer did. My reaction from an employers point of view would be..." probably not the type of person we are looking for anyway".

In answer to your original question... I found AR to be a good employer in that the type of servicethey offer suited my needs for a period of time untill it was time to move on.

GP