PDA

View Full Version : selection process at NATS for already trained/rated ATCO's

spike_scramble
22nd Mar 2007, 18:45
Hi there......

as I stated above I'd like to know how the selection process looks like for already trained/rated ATCO's at NATS. Do I have to do these kind of tests, you all know what I mean, or just something like an interview with ATCO's, HR and psychologists how to integrate me in the company? Personally I'm from GER and already trained/rated as a TWR ATCO. I get in contact with the HR team but they're trying to find out if there are vacancies I'd fit to for a long time now...... So any helpful advices or experiences from ATCO's abroad, working for NATS now are welcome. On the other hand tips from people like Gonzo as well :)

Thanks in advance, Cheers Spike.

spike_scramble
24th Mar 2007, 06:50
..not that tremendous.... :) as I said, any advices are welcome....

wordstwice
24th Mar 2007, 15:03
I had to go through the entire recuitment process just like anyone else even though I have experience elsewhere (Tower/approach/en Rotue). The only differenece was with my interview with the ATCO they didnt ask me any technical questions and they told me obviosuely I already know how to do the job.

Gonzo
24th Mar 2007, 15:49
Not sure I can add anything to be honest. As far as I'm aware, experienced ATCOs have to go through the same selection procedure as ab initios at present.

aluminium persuader
24th Mar 2007, 22:40
After 15 or so years in the job, ADC/APP/APR/OJTI they still insist on knowing what O-levels & CSEs I got in 1984.:rolleyes:

I stopped there.