PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Air France final report

Rwy in Sight
21st Mar 2007, 22:44
I spent some time googling and searching the TSB site for the accident report of the August 2005 Air France overrun but I did not find it. The TSB site seems to stop in 2005.

After almost 20 months the report should be out, and I would like to read it. Does anyone have a link to the final report?

Thanks for your assistance

Rwy in Sight

CD
26th Mar 2007, 12:02
The final report has not yet been released. It will be available on the TSB site once it is released.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
29th Mar 2007, 05:13
G'day Guys,

Coincidentally, this TV story was on our Channel 7 (YPPH) last night.

The good news is that everybody got out - in under the 90 seconds we were led to believe.

Much was made of the allegations that the aircraft touched down well into the runway, and that the reverse thrust was applied late....and that the runway 24L was the 'shortest' of the available runways. However, having the program later state that 24R was some 670 m longer, would it have mattered?

The consensus of the passengers seemed to be that the crash was the first disaster, and the 'follow-up actions' or lack thereof, was the second disaster.

I feel sorry for the captain. The FO is flying again.

I guess it does beg the question, why not go around, or simply hold till the Ts have gone?
30H or divert?

Cheers.

Dream Land
30th Mar 2007, 04:12
I guess it does beg the question, why not go around, or simply hold till the Ts have gone?
30H or divert?
I do think that fuel was a BIG factor in that decision, please go to D & G Reporting Points "your landing or mine..." for more on this flight.