PDA

View Full Version : Training in the US or Canada

airfly
20th Mar 2007, 06:22
Hi guys,

I would like to know if any can help me out.
I was debating if I should train here in Canada or US, I know US training is kinda cheaper than here in Canada and there a bit of more jobs down there.
Also how hard is to get a green card to be able to work there.

altiplano
22nd Mar 2007, 00:16
Marry a nice local girl while you train - not very many other ways to get a green card...

Is it cheaper? If you want to come bcak and work in Canada you'll have to convert your licenses but that's not too big a deal...

nolimitholdem
22nd Mar 2007, 05:50
I'm not sure about "cheaper"...dollar to dollar, it may be, but it you earn in Canadian $$ and have to pay for your training in US $, not to mention relocate, I don't think it would be cheaper. If you say have family somewhere that could help you out with living costs, say, it would be different.

As far as the immigration issue, unless you already have the right to live/work in the US, it really is incredibly hard to get into the US job market. Not trying to be negative, but it was something I looked at for years and never saw a way to break into. Not saying it's impossible but it takes a long, long time - sometimes even IF you marry a US citizen!

newalliance123
6th Apr 2007, 22:07
Green card marrage takes about 2-3 months to get the stuff you need to work for an airline.... 2 yrs for the full deal...

bcpilot_00
7th Apr 2007, 05:50
newalliance123

Check you PM

airfly
14th Apr 2007, 06:45
hey guys I have another question. How come in the UK or Europe theres so many airline that are sponsoring new cadet and here in Canada or US theres no body that is doing that. Hwo come?