PDA

View Full Version : turbulence over cyprus

matjr79
18th Mar 2007, 23:55
first of all apologies if in wrong thread....i was a pax flying back from paphos to manchester on FCA B757 18oct2006 and about 20 mins after take off i experienced the worst turbulence ever flying through thunderstorms. we were jumpin up and down and if it werent for the seat belts there would have been injuries. there was a burning static smell followed by captain re-assuring us the smell is normal and nothing to worry about. when we landed back at MAN the i went to see the capt and he said it was some of the worst turbulence he had known. is this time of year and route known for this??
The only other place i had bad turbulence was over the azores on way to canaries.
5hrs on a flight is very boring so when this happened i enjoyed every bit of the bumpy ride but there was a few oldies and kids sobbing there eyes out. Never feel worried though with a couple of british pilots sat in the front!

OPS1978
19th Mar 2007, 14:45
I Know what you mean always get bad turbulance coming back from paphos every year I always fly back the middle of october and always get a bumpy ride but i know i'm in safe hands as i only ever fly monarch and the A321's always handle itself well in the conditions. One year PFO-BHX 5hrs 20 mins flying time and we were crz at 29000 for some of the flight. I know this because my friend was the captain flying us home.

levantes
19th Mar 2007, 16:25
So, two points from these posts!
1. British pilots handle turbulence better!:rolleyes:
2. A321 handles turbulence better!:confused:

HOMER SIMPSONS LOVECHILD
19th Mar 2007, 16:39
Perhaps it was the same pilots who route to TFS via the Azores and shake you about so much.
Vasco de Gama was Portugese, maybe you should try TAP for some pilots who can navigate and fly smoothly.