PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics of a Direct Routing

Nacelle Strake
18th Mar 2007, 14:00
Very interested to know just what the procedure is on the flight deck when ATC provide a direct routing. What do they 'press', after overcoming the initial shock of getting a direct of course, :ooh: on the FMC? :ok:

FerrypilotDK
18th Mar 2007, 14:30
...but still, I had teacher once who claimed that there were no stupid questions, just stupid answers. IF I understand your question, you are asking what the flight crew "press" for a direct?????? Well, if the position is already a part of the flight plan, then you highlight the position and choose "direct to." f it is a position, not on the flight plan, then you press "direct to" first, and then put the position in the blank box and press the "OK" button.....all this assuming of course, that the computer is flying.....

Believe it or not, it isnīt always!

Nacelle Strake
18th Mar 2007, 15:14
Affirm Ferrypilot you correctly understood my question and thanks for the info.

Julian Hensey
18th Mar 2007, 17:55
MS Flight Simulator has this feature in its GPS - if you plug in the flight plan and got a direct to routing you can just knock the next waypoint out of the flight plan and it will take you direct to the second waypoint, and you can keep knocking off the next waypoint until you have the one you have been given direct routing to...

FlightDetent
19th Mar 2007, 16:57
then you press "direct to" first, and then put the position in the blank box and press the "OK" button.....all this assuming of course, that the computer is flying.....

... and unless you mistake OMASI for AMASI. :E ...aaaaaaaaaaahhhh..... direct BOMBI, then.:rolleyes:

Nacelle Strake
19th Mar 2007, 23:15
Mike, is there THX cinema sound with those screens on your Falcon? :eek: