PDA

View Full Version : CFM56-5C2 detailed technical data?

kobo_iao
15th Mar 2007, 21:45
Hi everyone, I am a newbie in this forum and I am an aerospace engineering student doing a research in engine noise prediction.

I am trying to find detail technical data for the CFM56-5C2 engine such as the fan blade tip Mach number, the number of fan blades, the hot and cold nozzle area, etc. I managed to find some of the data that I needed from the net but may I know if any one know where can I get a detail list of technical from the net?

Many thanks!

vapilot2004
16th Mar 2007, 02:04
If you haven't already, try having a look at the type certificate for the CFM56-5C2. Should be some data here. The title should be free for the viewing and printing at www.faa.gov.

Of course, FCOMs would not have much tech data on the engine, but an AMM/EMM (Aircraft/Engine Maintenance Manual set) would. A google for A320 AMM "tech manual" revealed a couple of hits for AMM resources.

Otherwise an email describing your project and student status to CFM may get you some access.

divinehover
16th Mar 2007, 06:35
http://www.cfm56.com/index.php?level2=feedback

Go to the following link and under the topic menu you will see the option of Student Inquiry. Post you Q's there

kobo_iao
16th Mar 2007, 08:57
Thank you very much for your help vapilot2004 and divinehover! It has been a great help! cheers