PDA

View Full Version : Whats it like at PEL-AIR? (Merged)

nomorecatering
11th Mar 2007, 07:22
Anyone know what the going rates for FO's and captains at Pelair?

VH-ABC
11th Mar 2007, 09:23
The award wage, my friend.

nomorecatering
11th Mar 2007, 12:49
and that would be in $$$

Poto
11th Mar 2007, 14:11
F@ck all in sheckels , But a former 206 legend will train you if want it bad

DUXNUTZ
11th Mar 2007, 20:11
Guessing 45k would be ballpark?

float flyer
14th Mar 2007, 00:33
High

Just curious as to what the pay and conditions are like at PEL-AIR?

PM me if you don't want to go public. I am considering applying.
Cheers

deckchair
15th Mar 2007, 02:31
I would like to know as well please.

TurboOtter
15th Mar 2007, 06:20
If 45k is acceptable, I hope a Captain gets a 5hetload more!

This is why flying in Aus is rubbish, When you pay more than $50k to earn 45K on a million dollar machine..

Rigpiglet
15th Mar 2007, 08:21
Hi fellow flyers

I have a question to ask, my cousin who is currently based in Malaysia instructing would like to know what the recruitment is like with Pel Air at the moment? What a/c would you start on as an F/O etc? and what are the conditions like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cool banana
15th Mar 2007, 12:24
I believe Pel-Air will be running a Metro 111 ground school in Brisbane starting (19-29th March) next week just wondering how many people will be attending it.

neville_nobody
15th Mar 2007, 13:26
FO's get around 34; captain gets high 40's for the westwind. Metro used to be 29 000 and 40 odd but that was a while ago.

EngineOut
16th Mar 2007, 13:01
Metro FO is about $34,000 PA
Metro Capt about $52,000 PA,

they are award pay to the last dollar, so have a look at it. Not sure on Westwind pay, but it would be raw award also. $34K is pathetic considering you usually have 2-3000 hours before you get these sort of jobs. An insult really. In the past just about everyone had to start as an FO.

wessex19
16th Mar 2007, 13:09
so an FO gets about the same as a checkout chick at Coles, and the captain gets about what a Duty manager would get at Coles!!! Sign me up.......:D

Yakka
17th Mar 2007, 06:21
I sometimes just can't believe how bad the GA award is, do AFAP do anything?

bushy
17th Mar 2007, 07:14
I moved to Alice Springs a long time ago, when charter flying in the city was becoming impossibly poorly paid due to too many pilots competing for too little flying. I was offered a job in Alice Springs flying light piston engined aircraft. My moving expenses were paid (furniture and family and all) and I was paid the award, (about the same as a teacher) and airfares paid once a year for me and my family to a capital city of my choice.
Fifteen years ago a chieftain/kingair pilot earned the same as a metro captain today, plus a car and free petrol.
A flood of airline wannabies who did not care, and considered GA to be a temporary, substandard stepping stone to the big bucks have been fighting over the scraps and dragging everything down for decades.
Now it is unusual to even get a full time charter job. Most pilots are on casual rates.
You reap what you sow.

And what happens to GA is now affecting the regionals,and the major airlines.

A different training system for the major airlines is needed. This obscene lottery is doing enormous damage to our aviation system.

Towering Q
17th Mar 2007, 22:57
It may be taking care of itself, bushy.

The sausage factories appear to be running out of meat.:D

duke of duchess
6th Jul 2007, 13:57
As with any jobs there are good and bad parts of the job,

wages are low, when i left capt on the westwind were on around 56k

at the moment i believe progression is quick, the experience you gain from the company is very good.

some of the training techniques are a bit questionable however what you learn during these training flights will keep you safe as long as you dont get the invincible sky god mentality out of it. once you go to an airline you will find the training simple after getting through the pelair system

hope this helps

Blue Ruin
6th Jul 2007, 15:26
The "award" has never had CPI increases applied to it since it was put in stone. It has been kept as a so called "safety net".
A job paying the "award" is therefore junk.
A job paying less than the award is.............not a job!

Howard Hughes
7th Jul 2007, 00:10
wages are low, when i left capt on the westwind were on around 56k

When did you leave?

Anyone got any more up to date figures on Westwind Captains wage?

Cheers, HH.:ok:

bushy
7th Jul 2007, 02:25
And as long as GA is used as a training ground for el cheapo airlines it will always be that way.
Unscrupulous airline wannabies will always be prepared to work cheap, and undermine GA wages.

Howard Hughes
7th Jul 2007, 02:54
Bushy, you're starting to repeat yourself mate!;)

I don't think anybody disagrees with your comment, perhaps with all the airline action underway, those of us who would like to make a career of GA, may have a chance of doing so!:ok:

Jet_A_Knight
7th Jul 2007, 10:20
Ask what the equipment is like.

tinpis
8th Jul 2007, 18:52
They were old 27 years ago :uhoh:

FiveTanks?
9th Jul 2007, 01:58
I bet they don't descend any slower with age though.

bushy
9th Jul 2007, 05:01
Most of our major airlines have aircraft with 27000 hours or more on them. They don't throw them away so they can get one with this year's paint scheme.
The 747 at Longreach flew for 95000 hours.

bushy
9th Jul 2007, 07:04
Like the Boeing that had the roof peel off in flight? It had exceeded the makers expected life.