PDA

View Full Version : NATS 20th best company to work for?

Hootin an a roarin
11th Mar 2007, 12:36
Having read the details in the Times this morning it doesn't sound like the company I work for.

As a Controller can someone enlighten me how I can work flexitime, from home and only during school terms as apparently all employees are offered?

I'll be requesting that my GM installs a radar screen in the front room asap!

I am also surprised at the typical job being an Air Traffic Controller as there must be more support staff, especially paper shufflers, in this organisation (or it feels that way!)

Me Me Me Me
13th Mar 2007, 09:58
Having read the details in the Times this morning it doesn't sound like the company I work for.
As a Controller can someone enlighten me how I can work flexitime, from home and only during school terms as apparently all employees are offered?
I'll be requesting that my GM installs a radar screen in the front room asap!
I am also surprised at the typical job being an Air Traffic Controller as there must be more support staff, especially paper shufflers, in this organisation (or it feels that way!)
You can't work flexitime in that form. However, those that do dont benefit from early goes and work 5 full days in every 7. Swings and roundabouts.
I would refer you to the thread already on this subject and the need for many people in NATS to get some perspective. I hear a lot of moans about them as an employer - try working in the real world and see if you find it so bad after that.