PDA

View Full Version : Northumbria Flying School - Question?

PIGDOG
11th Mar 2007, 07:43
Hi,

I've done the obligatory search and all threads seem to have been closed quite some time ago.

I'm looking to do some local flying in the Newcastle area. Looking at NFS website it says that the rental for the Cessna 150 is 84 pounds per hour, with a landing fee of 18 pounds.

Now, (here's my question...) since I have a PPl and I'm more interested in Flying than doing circuits, isn't it worth taking the aircraft for a two hour stint? That way you only have to worry about the landing fee once. Works out at about 93 pounds per hour then?

Am I right or am I missing something?

Piggy :ok:

bonniejack
11th Mar 2007, 16:10
Yes. I would think you would need to join if not already a member. Fee is on web site but from memory about £54 ish So nearer £110 per hour. Plus if you are not already known to the club I would have thought a check out needed so at least one extra landing . Still worth it for the scenery you could cover in 2 hours.

PIGDOG
11th Mar 2007, 17:31
Thanks BJ,

I kinda meant on a regular basis. After joining and check ride. But hey, 50 odd quid isn't bad for a club joining fee. (I was an honourary member of the aeroclub a few years back, but that was more of a formality)

It does mention on the website the cost of fuel being 1.30 pounds per litre. Is this because you are expected to pay it?

What about an airside pass? etc

Thanks again.

Piggy